• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 08:33:42 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Rider balance. How does it work?

Started by KG_03, February 04, 2018, 11:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KG_03

I have a question about rider effect on the motorcycle (of course in GP Bikes)

1) does the tuck in/move weight forward affect the top speed/acceleration?
2) does moving weight forward allow to ride faster through corner? Today I have noticed that when I press the move weight forward button the rider in maximum lean moves lower so theoretically it should help in cornering.
3) does moving weight backward help in hard braking? I have noticed the opposite effect - moving weight backward makes the bike less stable and prone to sliding/crashing what should not happen. Also it does not allow to brake harder. I have noticed it in Moto 2 bikes so not sure if its a matter of bike geometry or the game code...

Become dust

February 05, 2018, 01:10:15 AM #1 Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 01:12:59 AM by Become dust
Hmm... if the game does simulate the majority of the factors then i think the bikes react perfectly fine. First you gotta remember the wheel base is very short comparing to how tall they are plus the rider. Try and change your front brake (not sure what it did change) but you'll notice that if you change to a more aggressive brake you'll soon realize doing endos are fritningly easy, a more dossile front brake feels mushy to me but very safe it actuates just enough to brake effectively but still maintain rear wheel contact.

Also bikes don't have much downforce... if any
so try to avoid comparison with 3+ wheeled race oriented vehicles

Atleast that's my opinion

poumpouny

i've notice that on a hard braking, if you move the rider backward you have less "stoopie" effect. as well as on a startup you have less wheelie if you move forward !

JohnnoNinja

How many people use manual rider control? Does it make you quicker?

KG_03

I use manual forwar and backward balance control. Sideway balance set to automatic

poumpouny

i use manual rider lean but with a diy headtracker. I think it depend on how you are used to it to make you faster or slower. Anyway many rider that was fast and who's switch from auto to manual rider lean says it make you slower but i don't know if it is caused by rider not be used to manual control or if it really make you slow                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

Vini

February 05, 2018, 07:05:19 PM #6 Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 07:11:06 PM by Vini
I find that manual rider lean makes you a bit faster once you have it figured out. The most difficult part for me was getting the timing right when quickly changing direction (throttle, steering and rider lean).
You can corner more smoothly and exit more cleanly because small throttle/brake/steering inputs don't affect rider movement. Also, you can move the rider forward a bit (closer to the ground) while rolling towards the apex off-throttle to get a little bit more apex speed.
Mostly it helps me keeping the bike stable under braking for the same reasons. Especially hard braking zones where you enter with opposite lean like Mugello or COTA. In those situations auto L/R rider lean would initially move to the wrong side and then upset the bike.

JohnnoNinja

Thnx for the reactions. I can still improve my riding, with optimizing my lines, keeping speed through the corners, but also braking and accelerating. I might give it a go in the future, once I found some speed and I'm more comfortable with the bikes...