• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 06:40:18 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

GP Bikes beta13

Started by PiBoSo, January 20, 2018, 02:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-aGy-

Quote from: vini97 on January 22, 2018, 08:19:49 PM
When initialising (L/R) rider lean, the butt now moves away from neutral position before the torso/head does.
This is a pic from beta12 (both riders are leaning slightly left):

In beta13, the rider now moves correctly.

i hope that im not a old fart when this game is finished. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D really rider movement  ;D ;D ;D

BOBR6 84

Nice update, Thankyou very much!

Trainer is great  8)

Bike handling feels nicer too.. but it says no physics improvements??

Olaf Lehmann

Thanks PiBoSo, I like the trainer too.  :)

BR Olaf

Yohji

great update!

but I Don't know how to reset trainer. how do I do?

Wimp #97

Quote from: Yohji on January 24, 2018, 03:41:59 AM
great update!

but I Don't know how to reset trainer. how do I do?

The trainer will always keep track of your best lap on that specific bike on that specific track. To remove it you need to go to Documents>Piboso>gpbikes>profile>trainers. In there you can see all the autosaved training file laps, which are all your fastest laps. If you delete the file there it will be gone in game and you will have no time set as a ghost.
Wimp #97

Champion Moto2 International Cup 2018

doubledragoncc

Can the trainer be set so you could collide with it, ie make it so you MUST go round it or crash. This would help teach avoidance and how to be aware of others on track?

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

MultiCOOLFRESH

Quote from: doubledragoncc on January 24, 2018, 02:13:19 PM
Can the trainer be set so you could collide with it, ie make it so you MUST go round it or crash. This would help teach avoidance and how to be aware of others on track?

DD

+1000000000
A mega idea, would make the game and riders much better :)

MCF
Heeeeeey Hoooooo <br /><br />

HornetMaX

Not easy I think. For example, what happens when you cross the line and the trainer appears at more or less the same position where you are ?

teeds

And the trainer will not react, to say a move up the inside, and will just wipe you out, not like real racing at all and probably most annoying. Only well coded AI will do this job.

As is found in many other ghosts in other racing games, and as has been asked for, it would help to have optional transparency based on distance and a ghost lead/trail time setting.

Reactive

Racing with train on track? Senseless imo
Excuse my English, its not my native.
Ryzen7 1800x / Aorus GA-AX370 Gaming K7 / Hynix 16Gb x2 2993MHz / Samsung 960PRO 512 M.2 / nVidia GTX1060 6Gb / Windows 10 pro x64

doubledragoncc

Dont want to make a mile long post so will explain my ideas in next stream. Hopefully tomoro

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

speedfr

To add my 2cents to this story of the Ghost Rider since the trainer is out (beta 13) i think that Teeds idea of optional transparancy for those who wants is a good idea.

And what DD actually wants is AI pilot i guess.
But a good AI is hard and lots of work to develop. That always been a main Achilles' heel on every sim game.
As HornetMax said, if we go close enough to the last position passing the line, it will result in a big crash of the pilot, the trainer continuing is lap as recorded.
And, groove stuff is there for that, when you want to work a track, you gonna pass exactly at the same place on each curve/corner (at least trying to) in order to repeat and obviously upgrade your time.
So, if the trainer which is me on my best lap, is bugging me on the exact place i want to go, it's not a trainer anymore, it's a riders that compete with me, not the same objective and, imho, that was not Piboso idea.

And if what Teeds wants, meaning a see-through trainer (as most of the software) that could become not transparent at all on a simple slider in Settings, everybody will be happy, no ?

As I said, my 2 cents... ;)

Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

davidboda46

DD

Bad idea if you ask me. Would ran you up the ass like a bulldozer because the ghost does not have situational awareness.

Cheers, 

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

davidboda46

Quote from: speedfr on January 24, 2018, 09:57:15 PM
To add my 2cents to this story of the Ghost Rider since the trainer is out (beta 13) i think that Teeds idea of optional transparancy for those who wants is a good idea.

But a good AI is hard and lots of work to develop. That always been a main Achilles' heel on every sim game.
As HornetMax said, if we go close enough to the last position passing the line, it will result in a big crash of the pilot, the trainer continuing is lap as recorded.
And, groove stuff is there for that, when you want to work a track, you gonna pass exactly at the same place on each curve/corner (at least trying to) in order to repeat and obviously upgrade your time.
So, if the trainer which is me on my best lap, is bugging me on the exact place i want to go, it's not a trainer anymore, it's a riders that compete with me, not the same objective and, imho, that was not Piboso idea.

And if what Teeds wants, meaning a see-through trainer (as most of the software) that could become not transparent at all on a simple slider in Settings, everybody will be happy, no ?

Like I suggested here: http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=5630.0

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

guigui404

Quote from: speedfr on January 24, 2018, 09:57:15 PM

If i've a good remember PiBoSo said he was working for AI back in time and said it's quite easy to do but i'm not sure at all , and of course when he said easy to do , was surely about him