• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 09:49:37 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GP Bikes beta13

Started by PiBoSo, January 20, 2018, 02:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KG_03

come on AI ? Really ...really?? This game is all about online fun.... AI will kill online fun... AI is a waste of developer time IMO.

poumpouny

He said making AI is quite simple (fo his level of course) but the hardest thing is to make competitive fast AI, especially with gpbikes pure simulation system !

speedfr

January 25, 2018, 12:54:01 PM #62 Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 01:39:33 PM by speedfr
Quote from: davidboda46 on January 24, 2018, 11:54:39 PM
Quote from: speedfr on January 24, 2018, 09:57:15 PM
To add my 2cents to this story of the Ghost Rider since the trainer is out (beta 13) i think that Teeds idea of optional transparancy for those who wants is a good idea.

And what DD actually wants is AI pilot i guess.
But a good AI is hard and lots of work to develop. That always been a main Achilles' heel on every sim game.
As HornetMax said, if we go close enough to the last position passing the line, it will result in a big crash of the pilot, the trainer continuing is lap as recorded.
And, groove stuff is there for that, when you want to work a track, you gonna pass exactly at the same place on each curve/corner (at least trying to) in order to repeat and obviously upgrade your time.
So, if the trainer which is me on my best lap, is bugging me on the exact place i want to go, it's not a trainer anymore, it's a riders that compete with me, not the same objective and, imho, that was not Piboso idea.

And if what Teeds wants, meaning a see-through trainer (as most of the software) that could become not transparent at all on a simple slider in Settings, everybody will be happy, no ?

As I said, my 2 cents... ;)

Like I suggested here: http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=5630.0

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46

Exactly.  ;)

But as far as i know, nobody ask for AI mate in GP Bikes.
And if we go to pure realism, there's no trainer as well as no ghost...
Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

doubledragoncc

This is so wrong. I do not want AI!!! I want to practice against the trainers of real people from GPB community. I do not get to go online a practice much so this would help me get used to other riders styles.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

speedfr

I'm glad it's "so wrong" DD but i said "I guess" and that's what i understood from your words.

But, hey, don't get all shaky about it, it's a discussion and many thinks that this trainer should have the property to go from black to clear.
And one more time, it should satisfy everybody's whishes.

Anyway, developping a pertinent AI on GP Bikes will be very hard if we want to have something realistic ie having a human behavior.

About including in our own GP Bikes the trainer of somebody else, that is a good thing and as far as i understood, it's possible.

PEACE !!
Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

uberslug

Quote from: doubledragoncc on January 25, 2018, 01:40:43 PM

This is so wrong. I do not want AI!!! I want to practice against the trainers of real people from GPB community. I do not get to go online a practice much so this would help me get used to other riders styles.

DD

I am wondering whether it makes sense to practice 'racing' against riders who are merely doing their best lap times. One will not learn very much about racing if the 'competitors' one is practicing against aren't reciprocating.

Ian

What a pain tried joining Jerez Moto 2 server and I have not got past the second corner without a core crash.
Have not had problems like this before guess I have to wait for the next update and try again.

uberslug

Quote from: Ian on January 25, 2018, 07:13:23 PM
What a pain tried joining Jerez Moto 2 server and I have not got past the second corner without a core crash.
Have not had problems like this before guess I have to wait for the next update and try again.

No matter what I did to fix it, one of my six servers just would not allow anyone to connect without causing a core crash. The other five servers all worked just fine. I suspect I did something during the installation or the set up that has caused the issue. I don't think there is any reason to throw out the baby with the bath water when it comes to connecting to servers. Have you tried other servers and gotten the same results?

Reactive

January 25, 2018, 09:56:56 PM #68 Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 10:04:11 PM by Reactive
Constantly crash when trying to join any server, even w stock bikes. Totally reinstalling (incl. Registry cleaning); setting process priority to High; as Admin -- nothing helps.
Anyway i believe in Piboso, that now he will more concentrate on netcode (i believe the problem on the client side), while im fighting w myself on track :)
Excuse my English, its not my native.
Ryzen7 1800x / Aorus GA-AX370 Gaming K7 / Hynix 16Gb x2 2993MHz / Samsung 960PRO 512 M.2 / nVidia GTX1060 6Gb / Windows 10 pro x64

teeds

Liking the new 2d overlay in VR, I can now at least see when someone chats in the game now, can't read it but that's a HMD res issue. Trouble is Max's hud plugin now also disappears when the 2d overlay does. Anything I can change to fix this?

Also the start DQ bug now is fixed, nice one  ;D

janaucarre

Hi,
Thank you piboso for this new update.
I really like the trainer.
I installed the game today and try victoria and stock murasama, full tanks, hard tyres etc.
It was really good. After about 15 laps i try my old settings, 10liters, qualy tyres, higher top speed, and i noted that the bike became very unstable, not only at high speed that is normal with less fuel, but in curve the front viber until the fall, i never noted that thing before because i never ride full tank since many years. Perhaps qualy tyres are in the equation, i will do some test.
Thank you very much.

KG_03

@Piboso, the new update gave new life to the game.

There are some many ppl that are playing, today we did a test b4 the champinship and the re were around 25 ppl in it..

Its awesome :-)

teeds

Just thought I'd post some server stats running Victoria with around 20 people. That's some serious upload spikes every few seconds, server bandwidth was on high -

We generally had no problems, the race ran well too, great to see.

h106frp

When you add the slipper clutch dialogue to the garage for the next beta could you also add the dialogue required for steering damper set-up?

Davide74

In the victoria test tonight, no core for me saw people very well, good news!