• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:00:48 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Can't load Donington Park GP

Started by davidboda46, January 21, 2018, 11:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidboda46

I wonder if anything has happened with GPB memory handling (since Piboso updated it) in Beta 13. I can't load Donington Park GP (stuck on syncing for ever), and I use LAA. Since it is a fairly new and detailed track, I'm guessing it's a memory issue, but I am not sure. Is anybody else having the same problem. I can load older tracks, have not had time to go through and test them all though since I have 102 of them...

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46 
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Hawk

Probably a silly question to ask you David, but you have made sure you've reassigned the LAA hack to the new GPB Beta 13 .exe file have you? Otherwise I have no idea why it shouldn't load for you. ;)

speedfr

I have the same with Donington Park GP NDS. Crash...
Tried Assen TT, Isle of Man TT and Hockenheim 79 and works fine.
I used the LAA on the GP Bikes 13b core.exe

Didn't try Nordschleife.

So i add to what David was saying.  :'(
Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

Hawk

Quote from: speedfr on January 22, 2018, 01:15:08 AM
I have the same with Donington Park GP NDS. Crash...
Tried Assen TT, Isle of Man TT and Hockenheim 79 and works fine.
I used the LAA on the GP Bikes 13b core.exe

Didn't try Nordschleife.

So i add to what David was saying.  :'(

Anyone else have this problem... or more importantly has anyone managed to load Donington Park track successfully?

doubledragoncc

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

speedfr

Hi !

Weird, was working fine on 12b, maybe a copy-mistake putting it under 13b. I'll re-download it later and give it a try.

Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

doubledragoncc

I have all my mods in their own folder outside the gpbikes install folder so no need to copy, just add mod line to ini file and 13 knows where they are. I did however copy my profile from beta12b and then run 13 compatability as 0 and paste my profile folder in 13 profile.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

speedfr

Yes Allan, i read that we could redirect the directory and mods but still, this Donington worked fine on 12b, and after a new dl and restart, still have the same issue... core crash.

And about organizing things, i will tell you even if i was a GP500 player/modder and i loved that, on GP Bikes things are very dark and hard to find, you need to go through lots of topics to understand how to install everything, i know there's a "how to install" thread but it's not complete, some things are wrong already and even if i installed the Manu mods of MotoGP or Moto2 i can't see any other mods than Piboso original mod in the game.
But my game works fine for most of the circuit and bikes, so does my son install too, and we are happy with that 'till it doesn't work.

But the day we want to race (it's coming specially with your parts shipped) if it's on Donington Park we are screwed...
So, yes, doing a big PDF that replaces and describes averything in order to install circuit, bikes and riders, updated to the last version, will be a big help.
We are playing on LAN and the game is perfect for that so far.

As i already said, and i know it probably doesn't pleased but it's true, to install GP bikes correctly you need to do archealogy research, specially if you are not English speaking and to me it makes me think that everything is done to keep this game confidential...

I'll try again, but i'm disappointed. If each time a new version is out we have to "re-work" things, i'm sure guys will go away if it's not from the network aspect of the game.

Grooveski

Donny loading and playing fine for me. 
...as are Nordy_LS, Brands and Spa (some of the other LAA tracks).
All are just in the 'Tracks' folder - old style.

speedfr

Same as you Grooveski, everything is in the GPBikes\Tracks folder.
And Nordschleife works perfect too.
But not Donington Park GP.

It's not the end of the World, but when i read what David wrote, i gave it a try and got the same issue.

Napalm Nick

January 22, 2018, 07:39:15 PM #10 Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 07:45:24 PM by Napalm Nick
Did Donington National work for you?

GP didn't work for me then I re-ran LAA hack on the 13 core.exe (remembering to tick checkbox) and now works fine.

Try the hack again?
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

speedfr

January 22, 2018, 08:00:43 PM #11 Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 08:38:46 PM by speedfr
You got it Napalm !!!

I went to redo a LAA exe and retry and it works... Super weird :o   but it works. Thanks Napalm Nick

I'll try National that i need to dl first and tell you after.

Edit : Works perfectly. And i guess it's the same circuit but with the cut at the last chicane before the big right hairpin. 

So yes, it works for me doing a second time the LAA hack (which makes me think in a realistic logic that i did it wrong at first, but how the other LAA track were fine .... Something is out of my capacities to understand looks like...)

Napalm Nick

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

davidboda46

I did the same thing. Reassigned LAA to GPB exe file and now the track works! Don't get it but big thanks Napalm for your outside the box thinking. :)

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"