• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Trainer bike opacity slider?

Started by davidboda46, January 23, 2018, 02:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidboda46

I've seen discussions somewhere where people thought the new trainer bike should be a bit more see through because it blocks the view as it is now. Personally I like it fine the way it is. I actually try not to "collide" with it, which results in a bit of a "race situation simulation". I think it's fun to try to get around the it, finding new lines and so on, even though the lack view can cause me to f-up at times. But that is my opinion, other have a different view I guess (no pun intended). So my suggestion/solution/question is: would it be possible to have a slider that sets the opacity of the trainer bike and rider. Like from 0% to 90% where 0 is like it is today and 90 is very "ghost like", and then everything in between? Is it even technically possible? I have no idea...

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46     
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Docfumi

I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

doubledragoncc

January 23, 2018, 09:54:01 PM #2 Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 09:56:47 PM by doubledragoncc
If you make it see through then I will dump the GAME as in real life I could not look through ME lol.

It is perfect as is. If you cant see through yourself, in real life you would crash haha.

All jokes aside why make Piboso make it LOOK like a game. He just did something that is so good.

Learn to ride is the answer!!!

DD

PS I fooking HATE Ghosts in games it SCREAMS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Piboso just made a way to not have a ghosy as it can be another persons file not you !!! WAKE UP!!!
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on January 23, 2018, 09:54:01 PM
If you make it see through then I will dump the GAME as in real life I could not look through ME lol.

It is perfect as is. If you cant see through yourself, in real life you would crash haha.

All jokes aside why make Piboso make it LOOK like a game. He just did something that is so good.

Learn to ride is the answer!!!

DD

PS I fooking HATE Ghosts in games it SCREAMS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Piboso just made a way to not have a ghosy as it can be another persons file not you !!! WAKE UP!!!

+1 DD! Totally agree with you mate! ;)

I've always rubbished the trainer before now until I saw DD's video(I've not installed beta 13 as yet) and for that I apologise to you Piboso, but your video DD has made me think this trainer is a good idea...... Previously I was thinking it was going to be the same boring old ghost rider, but your video has probably made a convert of me mate! I'll make up my mind fully when I actually install beta 13 and try it for myself, but from what I've seen in your video it looks a good idea! ;) 8)

doubledragoncc

Thanks Hawky, you actually saved me by reminding me of LAA in another post thanks m8

Look at my video and now think of ten plus trainers on Nordschliefe and you will see what I mean lol.

PIBOSO for WORLD President lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on January 23, 2018, 10:11:53 PM
Thanks Hawky, you actually saved me by reminding me of LAA in another post thanks m8

Look at my video and now think of ten plus trainers on Nordschliefe and you will see what I mean lol.

PIBOSO for WORLD President lol

DD

Thanks DD. ;) 8)

The "ten plus" trainers was exactly what I had in mind DD as you were expressing it in your video mate.... If it works that way with more trainer riders installed, and Piboso doesn't turn them into see-through ghost-riders, this will be great! ;D

Vini

January 24, 2018, 11:39:58 AM #6 Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 11:42:02 AM by vini97
Quote from: doubledragoncc on January 23, 2018, 09:54:01 PMLearn to ride is the answer!!!

DD

then simply don't use the opacity feature, DD. how about that?

IMO it's a good idea.

HornetMaX

Tend to agree with vini97 here: if you use the trainer to practice racing (i.e. avoiding collisions) then opacity 100%. If you use it to improve your lap times, then you may want to lower the opacity.

Personal preference: I'd call the slider transparency (0% = fully visible, anything lower makes it more transparent).

neoraptor

First of all, this trainer feature is really great (already loved it in KRP).

It would also be nice to have the option to set how much time in advance the trainer bike should be ahead (currently 0sec; should be adjusted from 0 to 5 sec for example).
That way you could better understand the lines and follow the ghost.
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. Confucius
>> Wiki to help modders <<

TimboC137

Imo, there should be the option to set the opacity. Like vini said, don't use it if you don't like it. Another way the trainer could be done, is like other games have done it. The ghost stays 0% opaque until the player gets within 0.5 seconds of the ghost, then the ghost goes to 90-100% opaque.

Quote from: neoraptor on January 24, 2018, 12:48:48 PM
It would also be nice to have the option to set how much time in advance the trainer bike should be ahead (currently 0sec; should be adjusted from 0 to 5 sec for example).
That way you could better understand the lines and follow the ghost.

This is a great idea also.

doubledragoncc

This is exactly my point. The trainer shoud be without opacity if you want it like I do AND adjustable, BUT those of you who want it to be SET that it is like stupid games will ruin it for us who prefer a realistic view. I would even prefer that you cant ride through your trainer and could crash. You all shout about realism and then want game gimmicks. If Piboso does anything it should be adjustable and not set to being like a game.

IRL during qually you have to set your best time with others on track so making it like a game to just get the fastest time is totally unrealistic. I know IRL you have no trainer, but it is not like a game if it is not seethrough and would be best if you could collide with it too.

I just prefer realism to game gimmicks.

DD

Manu

If we go to the strictly real, there should not be a trainer. I agree that it should be customizable in terms of opacity.
It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.

Wimp #97

Ye just give it a slider if possible so everyone can do whatever they want...
Wimp #97

Champion Moto2 International Cup 2018

BOBR6 84

few days ago we didn't even have the trainer.........  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Wimp #97

Indeed, I enjoy it, i don't feel like it needs changing :D or at least not the nr1 most urgent things to fix :D
Wimp #97

Champion Moto2 International Cup 2018