• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:42:34 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Can't Shifting when Braking (Rear)

Started by Olaf Lehmann, January 23, 2018, 05:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olaf Lehmann

Hello,

I have this issue: I use a paddle for Rear brake and a button for Shift (Down) at my MOMO racing wheel.
Unfortunately I can't Shift Down when I'm using the rear brake at the same moment. So I'm confused because I don't know in which gear I've been.  :o

Have anyone the same problem or and idea?

BR Olaf

janaucarre

It's been a long time ago since we have this problem

Hawk

As far as I understand it's been a long standing problem that's never been fully sorted out? Also seems to affect some bikes more than others for some reason.... I've experienced this issue in most previous betas especially on some of the bikes strangely enough.

Anyway, rear brakes are for pussies! Ride a 4 stroke by any chance? You joking guys! Hehe! ;D ;D

doubledragoncc

BOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr P Hawky called me a pussy sir!!! I am gonna tell me mummy.

Love to see you brake on slippery stuff with a front brake Hawk???  Saved my life using rear brake  many a time IRL

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on January 23, 2018, 10:08:53 PM
BOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr P Hawky called me a pussy sir!!! I am gonna tell me mummy.

Love to see you brake on slippery stuff with a front brake Hawk???  Saved my life using rear brake  many a time IRL

DD

Haha! ;D ;D

Slippery stuff!? I blame the COWS! Lol! ;D

poumpouny

Braking in real life (road riding i mean) and in race is absolutely different, in real life you brake suddenly and on an emmergency braking . in a race you have to think braking in the next corner when your still in the previous one. Except if you want to slide the rear of your bike or want to control the traction when exiting a corner (especially on old bike without or with poor TC), rear brake is almost useless in a race, front brake + engine brake is way more efficient. Anyways, one of the fact why Jorge Lorenzo is strugling with the ducati is that he say he need to use more the rear brake, when he almost never used it on the Yamaha. He didn't precise when he need to use the rear brake.

Hawk

Kevin Schwantz said he didn't use the rear brake at all..... But the 2 stroke GP500's where totally different bikes to ride than the modern 4 strokes and a different era of riders too; it was more a pure machine rider marriage back in those days unlike the modern riders of today that rely on electronics to control most of the bike.... This is why you see more riders of the pack in closer racing today than in previous era's because a less talented rider can still ride within a close time of the very talented riders nowadays as well as the electronic controls letting a rider get away with manoeuvres on the bike that years ago would've had you down the road on your arse.... It's piss poor for the sport to be honest.... No true heros anymore except for Rossi; he's the only rider that has ridden  and won world championships in both era's and is hugely respected for that fact.  ;)