• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:25:17 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Core when in online

Started by MultiCOOLFRESH, January 23, 2018, 05:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teeds

Quote from: Gunny_Snr on February 07, 2018, 12:35:17 PM
mine is and even teeds came onto my computer and still no joy

"even teeds" Lol  :)

By no means did we do all that could be done, trouble is it's difficult and time consuming to try even minor things remotely.

Still no one with these problems has done a "fresh" install of windows and got all updates (drivers, windows etc) and tested again.

We still have to remember that this game works in windows 10 for practically everyone.

Grooveski

Anybody tried switching off uPnP in your router?

I know that usually a uPnP issue will just mean you can't connect but I have a pal who had problems with it once where his music server was dropping off his network...
...after working fine for a few minutes.

Sounds like a long shot even to me but maybe worth a try?

Gunny_Snr

it can't be a network problem as my son can play fine online, it is only on my machine that is problem.

Steven

What I thought of is Windows compatibility mode (and running the game as admin) or using the lowest (or just different) graphic settings.
Also I install the game to a separate "games" folder und have "compatibility" in the "core.ini" set to 0 (this makes it save all profiles and things in the game folder). Who knows ..

KG_03

MultiCOOLFRESH

So, we have some players that are not able to play this game and we do not get any support... Great  ::)

MCF
Heeeeeey Hoooooo <br /><br />

h106frp

Has the game got a priority with your anti-virus to avoid constant network traffic scanning?

MultiCOOLFRESH

Quote from: h106frp on February 12, 2018, 05:25:13 PM
Has the game got a priority with your anti-virus to avoid constant network traffic scanning?

Yep

MCF
Heeeeeey Hoooooo <br /><br />

PorscheRST

Offline works now after a clean install and using the LAA file (you can download it from the tracklist).

Online is still a big problem. Within just one lap it will crash.

It took me a week to get the game running. It was frustrating but I like the game now that it works. I tested the Moto2 bike on different tracks all day and everything finally works. Driving alone is fun for training but it will get boring quickly if I cannot join a trackday or race. I know I am not alone with this problem so I hope someone can help me out and give me tips.

After a full day or riding I am proud to say I can keep the shiny side up and the rubber on the road for more than a few laps :) I hope this problem can be fixed soon so I can join online.

poumpouny

I think we could search also in the windows 10 version installed for everyone, wich build you guy have ?

PorscheRST

I hosted a trackday and it worked just fine today. I see people join and leave directly. Is that related to core problems? I did multiple laps on different tracks online and no crasch.

luisNunes

hey everyone! I also been having these problems in online (and offline but quite rarely). I have reinstalled several times, used the LAA hack, made sure the bikes and tyres were there in their respective folders, set the priority to high in the task manager,  but still keep getting crashes.

At the moment im not home so I can't try different situations like hosting my own race and so on but I'll give it a try tonight and see if it makes any difference.

Although in the meanwhile i remembered somethings thay may help (I think) in overcoming the crashes.

Maybe for those who have Nvidia cards, use Nvidia inspector to alter some definitions specifically for GPB? I know i used to play a simulator (Flight Simulator X) which is quite an old game and Nvidia inspector helped immensely in reducing the amount of crashes. After crashing, the details would always point to APPCRASH.

Also in this simulator i used to play, we used to have to change the config.ini file, and add some lines to it such as HIGHMEMFIX = 1 (to allow the program to use more than 4gb of memory) and others. Obviously GPB is a different sim and has a different code so adding these lines won't fix anything, but it might be an insight to the problem?

Hope this info may be usefull for you guys ;)

janaucarre

I played about 5 or 6 hours in beta 13 without any crash online.
My PC:
Nvidia 950
Motherboard => p5ql pro
Processor => 2.83 ghz quad core
8 gigas RAM 1333
23' screen
All the parts are about 10 years old.
Question:
How many fps are in the screen (ctrl+f) during online session ? (for those who have problem)
Perhaps the memory is overstacked by the big fps, for my case i played in max 60fps.

janaucarre

I forgot to say im on windows 7 pro 64

luisNunes

I just tried running it online with the fps capped at 60 and crashed after 1 lap :( no luck for me