• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:50:28 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Can't Join In My Friend's Room (Asia Location)

Started by DidietXFuera, January 27, 2018, 06:08:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DidietXFuera

Hi, guys. I wanna ask, how can I join in my friend's room? Always Connection Timeout. No Ping Latency showed in list. Our location is Indonesia. Please, help us. I really love this game.  :(
GP-Bikes INDONESIA
Like GP-Bikes Indonesia Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gpbindo/

speedfr

Hi,
i don't want to say something stupid but the ping you have are pretty high (285ms...) that could be the issue.  ???
Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

matty0l215

January 27, 2018, 05:32:35 PM #2 Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 05:38:31 PM by matty0l215
What server are you trying to connect to? (which exact one?) My bad, didn't read the post properly :P

have you set your bandwidth to high in the settings?
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

DidietXFuera

Quote from: speedfr on January 27, 2018, 03:32:36 PM
Hi,
i don't want to say something stupid but the ping you have are pretty high (285ms...) that could be the issue.  ???

Yes, it's true bro. I can join that server although have high ping. But I and my friend has same location, Indonesia. Why I can't join in my friend or they can't join in my room? Any tricks or hack maybe to solve it. Thank you.  :)
GP-Bikes INDONESIA

DidietXFuera

Quote from: matty0l215 on January 27, 2018, 05:32:35 PM
What server are you trying to connect to? (which exact one?) My bad, didn't read the post properly :P

have you set your bandwidth to high in the settings?
I wanna connect to server that my friend's made. But always Timeout. I can connect in any server such as NAFPRA or Discord altough have high ping. But I can't join in my friend's server. So do I. Thank you :)

Yes, I have set bandwidth to high.
GP-Bikes INDONESIA

speedfr

If you guys have installed mods and tracks that was not in the basic GP Bikes, maybe you should start from a clean install and retry.

And are you using a dedicate server ?

And if you can connect to the server that are running everyday (NAFPRA, Discord, IMT...) and cannot connect to the server you made, the problem is probably there.
So, in order to do a server for your friend and yourself, i found the best way is to start the server on your computer before the game for yourself and pay attention to the "dedicate.ini" file. So you will start the server through a batch file and when running, you can start the GP Bikes as well. YOu actually will have 2 instances of core.exe in your task manager.

So, yes, it's hard to sneak in all the topics to find out the good way but as a little help, i attach the dedicate.ini i use and works great so far.
If you want (but i'm in France on the other side, so you might be asleep then), i could start a server as well and you could try to connect and if it works fine, just kind of copying the dedicate.ini for yourself and then adapt it for the tracks or mods you want to use ?

When i start the server its name is always : ZFGP_Speedfr_Server  ;)

Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

DidietXFuera

Quote from: speedfr on January 27, 2018, 07:11:24 PM
If you guys have installed mods and tracks that was not in the basic GP Bikes, maybe you should start from a clean install and retry.

And are you using a dedicate server ?

And if you can connect to the server that are running everyday (NAFPRA, Discord, IMT...) and cannot connect to the server you made, the problem is probably there.
So, in order to do a server for your friend and yourself, i found the best way is to start the server on your computer before the game for yourself and pay attention to the "dedicate.ini" file. So you will start the server through a batch file and when running, you can start the GP Bikes as well. YOu actually will have 2 instances of core.exe in your task manager.

So, yes, it's hard to sneak in all the topics to find out the good way but as a little help, i attach the dedicate.ini i use and works great so far.
If you want (but i'm in France on the other side, so you might be asleep then), i could start a server as well and you could try to connect and if it works fine, just kind of copying the dedicate.ini for yourself and then adapt it for the tracks or mods you want to use ?

When i start the server its name is always : ZFGP_Speedfr_Server  ;)
Thanks, mate. Really appreciate. I will try your suggestion. If I did it, I'll tell you. Thank you very much.  :)
GP-Bikes INDONESIA

speedfr

You are welcome.

Server was on tonight for a few hours, even KG13 went for a riide with me, on the Suter, that was good.
So let me know, and i'll restart it if needed.

Night night all  ;D