• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Problem if I want to brake into corners+fps problems

Started by Olaf Lehmann, January 28, 2018, 01:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olaf Lehmann

January 28, 2018, 01:03:50 PM Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 01:05:46 PM by Olaf Lehmann
Hello,

yesterday I have tried for the first time GPB Online. I tried to run at the Moto2 server, 'cause I planed to paticipate at Gzehoos championship. But I see at the moment it makes no sense for me.
My two biggest problems:

1. In practise/qualy I had a useful fps rate. In race my fps rate changed between only 20 and 35 fps (not only at the start, later with no bikes in my near also). It was hard for the eyes. ::)
My PC: i2 2,66GHz + nVidea GeForce GS9500.
Is the low fps rate normal at this system, or is there any problem in GPB.
What can I do to increase fps? Deinstall MaxHUD?

2. I couldn't brake into corners after a long straight. I had to stop braking and wait 0.3s before I can turn in the corner. If I do it earlier than 0.3 after totally looking the brake, I crashed. Naturally so I'm 15s or so slower than the fastest drivers.
I saw if the brake zone is short (i.e. in the left/right passage two/three corners after the long straight) nothing happens, in every case I can lean soon as I stopped braking.
Whats the reason? Heating up the tyres after a longer brake, so it had no grip for a moment?
I used Wheeling help, but no Traction help or Brake help. Is Brake Help an option? Do other drivers - i.e. you 8) - use it?

I would be happy about every help.
BR Olaf

teeds

Quote from: Olaf Lehmann on January 28, 2018, 01:03:50 PM
My PC: i2 2,66GHz + nVidea GeForce GS9500.
Is the low fps rate normal at this system, or is there any problem in GPB.
What can I do to increase fps? Deinstall MaxHUD?

The FPS you're getting is probably about correct with that system, if you want to properly get into any racing games I think you're going to need to upgrade.

:)

KG_03

I personally turn AA off to get more FPS. The second thing is if you suffer from FPS drops and have Vsync turned on then if the frame rate drops the screen start to stutter.

As for braking. As probably you know GP Bikes is simulation, and just like in real life it is impossible to fully brake in lean (unlike in Milestone games). Also the game simulates tyre wear,  temperature and even dirt on them. When tyres are cold, dirty or worn out then they have very limited grip so you can brake in smaller lean. It needs practice to judge how hard you can brake in lean.

speedfr

Or maybe the problem comes from loosing brake gap in turning/leaning --> USe MaxHud to find out with the input system,, if when you lean your brakes are not under their maximum or the opposite.

I mean, what i want to say (because it happened to me at first with my T16 joystick - i know, i'm ashame  :-[ ) that the range of every mouvement reduces the other ones.

That might be an issue and having MaxHUD displayed will give you the solution right away if its that the problem.

speedfr
Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

Olaf Lehmann

QuoteAs probably you know GP Bikes is simulation, and just like in real life it is impossible to fully brake in lean.
That's what I like and miss in other simulations/games.  :)
I think my problem 2 has nothing to do with problem 1 because in testing I have stable 80 fps and I produce the same crashes. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I'm to often in the dirt, grass, etc.

QuoteThe FPS you're getting is probably about correct with that system, if you want to properly get into any racing games I think you're going to need to upgrade.
It's a pity. I have seen the minimal requestment for GPB is lower than other racing simulations (rFactor2/Assetto Corsa). So I hoped it will be work.
But after my all in all sensationell impressions of GPB it seems I should buy a new PC.

BR Olaf

P.S.: Are the suspentions fuel simulated? Have the values of i.e. Bump/Rebound take effect in GPB13?

KG_03

Yes the bump and rebound have effect but very minimal and it depends on the bike. Some bikes have bigger and some have less visible effect.

poumpouny

The crash when you try to lean instantely when release the brake is totally normal and moto 2 behave like that in real life (you can see lovely rear slide only in moto 2 in real life) . It is cause by the engine brake you have to wait for the tyre to re grip on the rear before being able to lean, otherwise your rear would slide as it should be. It is way more present in the KTM moto 2 2017 than on the KALEX one.v