• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:28:37 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

[POLL] Riders on track

Started by Gzehoo, January 30, 2018, 11:00:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which option is better for Moto2 International Cup?

Option 1
12 (41.4%)
Option 2
17 (58.6%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Voting closed: February 06, 2018, 11:00:37 AM

Gzehoo

January 30, 2018, 11:00:37 AM Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 09:58:16 PM by Gzehoo
Well, we have almost 30 riders signed up for Moto2 International Cup 2018.
It's really good, despite of the fact I didn't expect that.

But it makes a little trouble, mainly because of riders limit on track (24) and the fact not everyone may be in pit lane.

So... I see 2 options to solve this problem.

OPTION 1

As the race is set to be at Sunday, we would make 2 practice sessions at Friday and Saturday.
After these Practice sessions, riders will be divided for 2 servers. E.g. if there will be 26 riders, they will be divided into 2 groups per 13.
At Sunday, every group have their own Practice, Qualifs and Race.
After that, results from each round will be combined results from both groups.

OPTION 2

After Pre-Season 2 on Phillip Island (Victoria), we would divide riders for 2 sub-categories: Pro and Am, basing on lap times from Victoria Circuit.

Both categories would start independently, on 2 random servers, and battle for their own championship. Pro riders for Pro championship, Am riders for Am championship.

Olaf Lehmann

In case of option 2 I see a possible problem.
For many years I was driving in a "four wheel" league. I have seen after a few races the field of participants was much smaler, especially the lower drivers gave up. I'm afraid after three races or so will be to less drivers in Am Cup or maybe in Pro Cup too. Then is will be unpossible to combine the rest of the drivers.

I think option 1 is much saver, maybe with near by continuous points: Let's say i.e.: The winner of grid 2 gets the same amout of points like the second to the last in grid1, the vize-winner in grid2 gets one point less than the last in grid1, and then one point less ever.

BR Olaf

TimboC137

In option 1, when you say the results will be combined, how does that work? Will 1st place of group 2 always get less points then last place of group 1? Or will you use the individual times of the 2 races in one combined leaderboard?

For example, say the time(of entire race) of 1st place in group 1 is 40 min and the time for last place in group 1 is 50 min. If 1st place in group 2 has a time of 45 min, will last place in group 1 still get more points?

Gzehoo

QuoteOr will you use the individual times of the 2 races in one combined leaderboard?

This.

Grooveski

We ran multiple rooms and combined times in GP500 for years.

The backmarkers in the quick room have to remember that there might be folk in front of them when the times are combined - so keep pushing as hard as you can.
...and there's extra incentive for the leaders in the slow room to keep pushing too.  You might be ahead of someone in the other session.

Mostly it worked fine.  The only problem was if a fast rider was in the slow room.  They'd pull ahead of everyone then get to run a clean race on their own with no interference from other riders.
...so there was a time penalty for racing in the wrong room.

I'm not really fussed which way we play it - I'll go with the flow.   :)

TimboC137

Ah, thank you. I vote for option 1 then.

Grooveski

February 02, 2018, 03:26:37 PM #6 Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 03:36:32 PM by Grooveski
One potential problem springs to mind for combined times.  If someone gets lapped they don't run the last lap so there is no overall race time for them. 
(I say them but mean us.  ;D  I get lapped a lot  :-[ )

Olaf Lehmann

QuoteOne potential problem springs to mind for combined times.  If someone gets lapped they don't run the last lap so there is no overall race time for them. 
(I say them but mean us.    I get lapped a lot  )
I'll be a very often laped rider too.  ???
I was running for some years in a F1Legends league. In this league they added for every missing lap the averagage laptime of the driver.

yan24

February 02, 2018, 06:30:43 PM #8 Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 06:37:22 PM by yan24
Hello,
why not do like the MOTO3 championship or each person to register at each round and during the whole week everyone tries to make the best time possible and with the best laps( http://gp-bikes.motonline-france.com/bestlaps.php ) we can see the times of each.

Personally I forgot the qualification yesterday and tomorrow night I can not participate.

Google translation

teeds

Quote from: yan24 on February 02, 2018, 06:30:43 PM
Personally I forgot the qualification yesterday and tomorrow night I can not participate.

There's one tonight  :)