• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Suggestions and wishlist recap

Started by HornetMaX, January 19, 2014, 10:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: WALKEN on August 09, 2014, 08:29:17 PM
Wouldn't a ghost bike distract from development of important things such as  physics/netcode etc?

I agree, but I think, in my opinion, that all suggestions here are reported on the basis that the more important  issues like core.exe problem is fixed first before any of these other suggestions are worked on, with the exception in a case were maybe some of these suggestions could be implemented without too much work or development; only then in my opinion should any of these above suggestions be worked on, otherwise the core.exe problem should be of the highest priority. This is just my personal opinion.  ;)

PS: Personally I cannot see any need for a ghost bike. Max's plugin's enable anyone to see, in the proper way, were they need to improve around any circuit in my opinion. Ghost bikes are for games not sims.  :P

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Well, actually my plugin is not for sims neither, as it shows your gap in real time while onboard, something that clearly does not happen in real life. In real life you do laps then you go to pits and check lap times and telemetry.

To me the #1 argument for ghost is simply that it allows people to improve faster, comparing plenty of stuff (e.g. trajectories) that is a bit difficult to compare otherwise. I'm for but I can surely live without, even if the argument "KRP has it" is hard to turn down: if possible, KRP is even more of a simulator than GPB.

MaX.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on August 09, 2014, 04:54:41 PM

Quote from: Hawk_UK on August 09, 2014, 04:20:22 PM
The only reason I'm still using the auto clutch with manual gear change at this time is because I'm still learning full manual riding right now and it's all I can do to not get information overload while operating all other manual controls right now.

Hmm ... I think you're mixing up the different options: Auto Clutch only helps you when starting from still. Shift Help, on the other hand, is something supposed to allow you to shift gears up (maybe even down) without using the clutch.

So setting Auto Clutch OFF and Shift Help ON, you can have manual clutch for the start and then shift gears manually (i.e. Automatic Shift OFF) but without using the clutch.

But there's a funny thing: if I recall correctly, right now, even on a bike without shifter like the varese, you can shift up without using the clutch and without lifting the throttle, even with Shift Help OFF. What's even stranger to me, you can even shift down without clutch.

On the mursasama, as it has a shifter, it is normal to be able to shift up without clutch/throttle lift, even if Shift help is OFF. However, the fact you can shift down with no clutch with Shift help OFF is still strange.

MaX.
Yes, I think your right Max, I have mixed them up.

I do have a stick axis set for manual clutch which I do use mostly for starting the 2 stroke bikes off and running, but I'm sure I have shift help set to on to allow for a smooth manual gear change because if shift help is set to off the manual gear change is very clunky without using the manual clutch, and getting used to using the manual clutch and throttle release for changing gears manually without the aid of shift help is a whole learning process in itself; but it is something I aim to work on in my quest for total manual GPB control.  ;) :)

Hawk

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on August 09, 2014, 09:00:04 PM
Well, actually my plugin is not for sims neither, as it shows your gap in real time while onboard, something that clearly does not happen in real life. In real life you do laps then you go to pits and check lap times and telemetry.

To me the #1 argument for ghost is simply that it allows people to improve faster, comparing plenty of stuff (e.g. trajectories) that is a bit difficult to compare otherwise. I'm for but I can surely live without, even if the argument "KRP has it" is hard to turn down: if possible, KRP is even more of a simulator than GPB.

MaX.

Sorry Max... I was thinking more of your telemetry data plugin being the reason for not needing a ghost rider. Surely looking at the telemetry data is the proper way of learning to improve your riding and performance, is it not?   :)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Ah OK Hawk, that makes sense.

Yes, telemetry would be the canonical way to go, but I understand it's a bit radical for anybody except the true hardcore ones.
Anyway, good or not,we already have our reply for the ghost stuff: it's a no, so we can move on to the next request.

Purely for realism sake, umbrella girls anybody ?  ;D

MaX.

Klax75

And a Umbrella dude for grTracey. lol

janaucarre

Hi,
To Piboso in first:
Is it possible to add a little thing:
A more explicit message than data mismatch.
We have had a discussion with other members and find that it can be very helpful to have a message saying if that's the track making a data mismatch, or the bike, and in this case wich bike(s) is/are ok or wich bike(s) is/are not ok. Is it possible?

LOOPATELI

Is is possible to add a "lap counter" for each tire? I mean, we already know how much tire has been used and how much is left, but we don't know how many laps we did with those tires. It can be very useful for long races where we don't know what tire to use, and I think it won't be so difficult to implement

Klax75

I did my first race using DST. Now the handle bars will always fall to one side or the other when standing still, and will center up once you start moving. But could we make them center up when we are walking the bike forward? It's really hard to get on the starting grid when the handle bars will no longer center when walking the bike. So I was moving the handle bars from side to side, trying to get it going as straight as I could.

JJS209

Idea: it would be nice when you entering the pitlane and come to your or any box to be able to use a key e.g. [G] to enter the pit-garage as to stop somewhere and have to press escape...

Klax75

(Reposted here from my earlier thread)

Was thinking it would be cool to have a Modding tool, or built in to GP Bikes. That you can physically adjust the riding style. Not just pre-set styles Mod's. More like how bike setup is. You could adjust things like my tuck in, how far to I tuck in. When leaning at max lean does my butt hang off more then my upper body. Does your helmet and body go to the side of the wind screen or hang lower. Adjusting each setting could effect how helmet view is shown. At the same time, have limits to what would be realistic too. Same how bike setup is. Then you could save rider style as similar as a setup and give it to others.

Riding style could also effect how the bike handles. Then each riders style would reflect how the ride, same as setups do. The weight of the riders position may look cool. But it could effect how the bike handles for you.

Or have a program to adjust riding style, similar to the Bike Editor Piboso released a while ago. Drag different points of the body, for different positions. Neutral, Tucked in, Shallow Lean, Max Lean, etc. :)

Klax75

In future releases can we have a option similar to iRacing, when you watch a replay, under the Laps section if you click on it will open a menu and give you a listing of all your lap times. Then you can select one of them, and the replay will jump to the beginning of that lap.

Alibaskins

Would it be possible to display all servers on World menu in game ?
ATM, we can see servers only if the track is installed on our PC, but maybe it would be nice to see them (in red ?).
It would be easier to join a server and to see all tracks to download.

Même si sans maîtrise la puissance n'est rien, sans puissance, la maîtrise ne fait pas tout !

Jose Reina

Quote from: Alibaskins on February 04, 2015, 10:48:08 AM
Would it be possible to display all servers on World menu in game ?
ATM, we can see servers only if the track is installed on our PC, but maybe it would be nice to see them (in red ?).
It would be easier to join a server and to see all tracks to download.
+1  :)

Jose Reina

The three basic things needed by the GPB already!

1. Core.exe Core.exe Core.exe Core.exe ... For when a life without CORES?

2. Problems in the race starts. Jump starts

3. Reappear on track. It could be a ghost mode for about 5 seconds? so you can not collide with anyone?

Only with these three basic things could run without any problems championship and races

This is something basic and we all know, because no one does anything about it? Why not put as solution to these problems?
Or these problems have no solution?

We should have an answer to this, which makes some people do not want to play GPB. I have many friends who have the game and not play by these problems, and other friends who do not buy until you can play safely championships and races.