• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Suggestions and wishlist recap

Started by HornetMaX, January 19, 2014, 10:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olaf Lehmann

Hello,

my wishes are...

1. I think in same situations should be much more feedback, especially  force feedback. In case of braking GP Bikes gives very good feedback I think. But in some corners in case of normally driving or under acceleration the bike reacts very suddenly, without any alert signal - no chance to reasting. It's very frustrating.
I don't know...maybe it's in real driving so, but real drivers feel much more feedback, that simulation drivers can't feel because they aren't sitting on the bike in reality.

2. How I wrote here: http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=2168.0
"Big crash" Procedere like in SBK2001, but the Driver is running beside the roadway to the bike, not on the roadway.

Best Regards and thanks for the good work.
Olaf

JJS209

who decides where the reset of the bike will be? the author of the track or GPB itself?
however, it would increase the joy of online racing enormous, if you wont get taken down on the ideal line by someone who resets his bike.
no rider can do anything in this case and its very annoying when a hole group gets taken out because of such an easy bug. it was better on beta5 i think.

JJS209

decrease slipstream effect - its too strong in my opinion.

Hawk

Quote from: JJS209 on April 29, 2015, 02:46:18 PM
who decides where the reset of the bike will be? the author of the track or GPB itself?
however, it would increase the joy of online racing enormous, if you wont get taken down on the ideal line by someone who resets his bike.
no rider can do anything in this case and its very annoying when a hole group gets taken out because of such an easy bug. it was better on beta5 i think.

GPB decides were the rider is reset on track after a fall not the track authors.  ;)

Hawk
PS: I agree that the slipstream effect is still too long back.... it needs shortening still.

JJS209

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 25, 2015, 11:40:49 AM
Quote from: JJS209 on June 25, 2015, 10:11:23 AM
its not possible to add temp and pressure?
if it would be possible you would have added it already, i think.
At the moment not possible, GPB does not pass this info. If GPB passes it, then I'll surely do it.
will we have the tyrepressure in Beta7 mr.p?

Lengyel

When PiBoSo can deal with tiresome errors as:  disappearing under the asphalt driver... etc

My wishes is:

- Live View like this one: https://www.rfactorcentral.com/screenshots/lge/12-Apr-09-rFactorCentral-9642_rfm030-1.JPG - but it's probably more a request to the community

For the needs of endurance racing:
- driver change,
- refuel,
- change tires or motorcycle,
- damage model,
- day and night mode,
- the possibility of re-entry to the server in a situation when the game crash and the continuation of the race from the pits.

What more do you want?

And by the way... Good job PiBoSo! Respect for what you do!

///SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH LANGUAGE///

CapeDoctor

i'd like to add a little something to the wishlist, and that is to have trackmarks made, when a bike goes off and over the gravel-trap, for instance, it should leave trackmarks behind it - this feature has been in some really old bike games already, so i hope it's not too difficult to implement. would add a lot to the realism factor. thanks for reading.  ;D

edit - oops, i think i might have jumped the gun and posted in this thread prematurely?   :-\

Hawk

Quote from: CapeDoctor on September 25, 2015, 06:15:55 AM
i'd like to add a little something to the wishlist, and that is to have trackmarks made, when a bike goes off and over the gravel-trap, for instance, it should leave trackmarks behind it - this feature has been in some really old bike games already, so i hope it's not too difficult to implement. would add a lot to the realism factor. thanks for reading.  ;D

edit - oops, i think i might have jumped the gun and posted in this thread prematurely?   :-\

If Piboso adds the deforming terrain to GPB that we see in MXB, then that is probably well possible to have wheel tracks created when entering sand pit and gravel traps, etc, etc..... Though if he did, he would also have to have a routine were-by the sand/gravel traps only were reset again after each race..... I say "only" because I'd like to see the deformable terrain used on tracks so that tyre rubber and trackside wear and tear could be saved and used on an on-going basis each time the track was used.  :)

More work for the track authors though. Hehe.  ;D

Hawk.

HornetMaX

To me it's a lot of work for something purely visual. In MXB (and WRS on dirt tracks) it makes sense as you actually ride on the deforming track, but for GPB it would only be for the sand/gravel traps ...

It could probably be implemented in a less expensive way than MXB's terrain deformation (as deformation of sand-traps is not race-critical, it could be managed by the client instead of the server, avoiding extra network load). Still, quite some work ...

There's plenty of eye-candy that is missing in GPB, the list is quite long ...

MaX.

CapeDoctor

my suggestion is only if it's not much work - of course, if it's a mountain of potential coding, then it's probably not worth it.
still on my 'would be nice' wishlist, though ;)

iliekracing23

I'd like to see three main things:

1: More assists for beginning players/players who don't have good controllers: I know it's a simulation, but for new players it can be an uphill climb to get better at the start, especially with the different brakes and it's made worse with a poor controller (that can't be configured or be smooth as other controllers' options). Something like dual braking as seen in the MotoGP Milestone games would be a good start and get more eyes and players to the product.

2: Better crash animations/not having the rider disappear underneath the track: Just would help immersion and realism a lot more and would probably start a trend for crash videos and compilations, furthering promotion of the game. After all, nowadays the best and easiest way to get your game big is by getting it trending on YouTube and other online sites.

3: AI: Not a lot of people like playing online, like myself. Don't doubt it would be hard to program, but considering we're still in beta stage it wouldn't hurt to try out and tweak it/patch it as the game progresses through beta to a full game.

Other than that so far, GPB's becoming one of the best bike games out there. Keep up the great work PiBoSo!  ;D

yoshimura

feet and boots disproportionate to the bike, to correct in the future.

yoshimura

an error text file would be implanted as in all games to finally understand the problem ::)

Boerenlater

Request: anti wheelie adjustable from the cockpit like you can already do with TC EB and engine mode on supported bikes.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

Italian Mod Team

Quote from: Boerenlater on March 04, 2016, 09:03:57 PM
Request: anti wheelie adjustable from the cockpit like you can already do with TC EB and engine mode on supported bikes.

I propose again this thing...AW adjustable from the cockpit
Thank you PiBoSo