• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:36:21 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

what "simulation" is and what "sim-cade" is ?

Started by poumpouny, February 05, 2018, 07:31:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

poumpouny

February 06, 2018, 07:52:28 AM #15 Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 07:58:20 AM by poumpouny
common man, your are comparing AC with Forza ? hahahaah, have you ever play AC ? :o

i'm not saying AC or whatever sim is better then any, cause i think each one is very close to each other ( not FH, and NFS of course, wich is just arcade game) but i dont think you're objective when you say iracing is simulation and AC not !

Edit : i even think AC has better physic (in my opinion) tha iracing but i racing take advantage of it on line league, and the was the first who introduce Laser scanned track ......but anyway generally they doesn't have that much difference if you look it at a non fan boy point of view !

badexample69

February 06, 2018, 08:03:55 AM #16 Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 08:16:33 AM by badexample69
Quote from: poumpouny on February 06, 2018, 07:52:28 AM
common man, your are comparing AC with Forza ? hahahaah, have you ever play AC ? :o

The car setup is pretty basic and limited, The AI is garbage and the graphics are great. The online community ( public servers are full of retards). OEM sounds are just bad. The cars line up is stupid, 90% of the cars are just plain crap and uncecessary. The only good thing about AC is the people supporting the game on Race Department.

rfactor 2 FTW!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORU-v4xeA-8&t=104s

Warlock

One thing is true, is difficult to judge a sim feedback without a Direct Drive wheel.
I own a Fanatec clubsport 2.5 (belt drive) and its very nice, BUT, its dull compared to the crispness and reaction speed of a DD wheel. And the wheel is from where we get all our feedback apart of sound and motion rigs (if you have one. I don't , so wheel is everything).

badexample69

Quote from: Warlock on February 06, 2018, 04:11:55 PM
One thing is true, is difficult to judge a sim feedback without a Direct Drive wheel.
I own a Fanatec clubsport 2.5 (belt drive) and its very nice, BUT, its dull compared to the crispness and reaction speed of a DD wheel. And the wheel is from where we get all our feedback apart of sound and motion rigs (if you have one. I don't , so wheel is everything).

+100000

Warlock

Wow the end of the video, dangerous  lol  ;D

He may have too much torque setup, the whole rig moves while driving. Stronger doesn't mean more realistic.
But the video shows up the crispness and fast reactions i was talking about, so close to the real one, nice.

badexample69

Quote from: Warlock on February 07, 2018, 04:45:51 AM
Wow the end of the video, dangerous  lol  ;D

He may have too much torque setup, the whole rig moves while driving. Stronger doesn't mean more realistic.
But the video shows up the crispness and fast reactions i was talking about, so close to the real one, nice.

You have to let go when you hit the wall. The emergency stop is there for this main reason. LOL It is violent as hell. It is bat crazy going into the grass or when you hit the gravel pit. You get smarter into you driving really really fast!

davidboda46

Funny video that shows the incredible torque of direct drive wheels.

https://youtu.be/D1gGo8QheDU

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46

"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Hawk

Quote from: davidboda46 on February 07, 2018, 12:02:48 PM

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46

Amazing to see that.... You wouldn't want it just clamped to your desk would you! Hehe! ;D ;D

speedfr

Quote from: Hawk on February 07, 2018, 04:02:27 PM
Quote from: davidboda46 on February 07, 2018, 12:02:48 PM

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46

Amazing to see that.... You wouldn't want it just clamped to your desk would you! Hehe! ;D ;D

Just use double-side tape, it should be enough !!!  :o :o :o :o
Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC