• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:50:13 PM

Potpourri

Started by PiBoSo, February 06, 2018, 10:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

All values of "texture_quality" other than 3 or 4 should NEVER be used when connecting online. Combined with some not very well optimized ( to use an euphemism ) mods, they use an insane amount of video RAM ( especially 1 ) and are almost guaranteed to make GPB crash.

The naming of mods is a mess. The track and bike ID was meant to be short and simple, with no spaces in the middle.
The full name should be in the INI file.
For example: Misano_06, not Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli-2006_NC_V2.2_NDS  :'(
Also: GPB supports multiple layouts for the same track... There are examples in WRS, KRP and MXB. Why release each layout as a different track?  :(

There has been a lot of activity in the forum lately, with new users and a lot of messages every day. This is very good, of course, but this also means I cannot read everything.
If there are important messages waiting for a reply or noteworthy, please post a link down here.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

uberslug

matty0l215

Not wuite what youve asked for but here goes...

Seen as we have never really had much guidence on what we can and cant get away with in game we have just been trying to get away with what we can without breaking it. (This is more for bikes, ive never looked at tracks personally)

Tutorials take a lot of time to make which is understandable but we are a bit in the dark here.

As for naming we use the system so that it is easy to identify the bikes. Again it has neer been said that it is a problem (apart from us working out the 32 character limit which again we had to find out the hard way)

How can we help? Can we run any tests our end (as modders)?
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

KG_03

Greg

J'ai un problème avec ma licence, je ne peux pas démarrer le jeu en ligne et je vous envoie un message pour cela. Aurez-vous 5 mn pour prendre soin de mon problème afin de pouvoir jouer en ligne?
Merci."

i have a problem with my licence, i can't start the game online and i send you a message for that. Will you have 5 mn to take care of my problem so i could play online ?
Thanks."

Wimp #97

Quote from: KG13 on February 07, 2018, 01:33:56 PM
http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=5632.0

Agreed, for me this seems like the most urgent problem. People not being able to play online because they are getting cores. Seems like several people have this problem, about 1 in 15 people i would say. Several different installs and other changes have been tested but nothing seems to work.
Wimp #97

Champion Moto2 International Cup 2018

PiBoSo

Quote from: Greg on February 07, 2018, 05:00:54 PM
J'ai un problème avec ma licence, je ne peux pas démarrer le jeu en ligne et je vous envoie un message pour cela. Aurez-vous 5 mn pour prendre soin de mon problème afin de pouvoir jouer en ligne?
Merci."

i have a problem with my licence, i can't start the game online and i send you a message for that. Will you have 5 mn to take care of my problem so i could play online ?
Thanks."

You have a new PM.

MultiCOOLFRESH

Quote from: Wimp #97 on February 07, 2018, 06:19:55 PM
Quote from: KG13 on February 07, 2018, 01:33:56 PM
http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=5632.0

Agreed, for me this seems like the most urgent problem. People not being able to play online because they are getting cores. Seems like several people have this problem, about 1 in 15 people i would say. Several different installs and other changes have been tested but nothing seems to work.

Yep...
Heeeeeey Hoooooo <br /><br />

PiBoSo

Sorry for the multiplayer crashes... It's very difficult to solve them until I find a way to reproduce them.

PiBoSo

Which is, in your opinion, the mod with the most realistic rear tyre grip?

MikeyMerging

Howdy.. :D
Assuming this thread is open to all, I'll opine on rear grip.

While I'll never actually ride Zarco's Yamaha up the Queckenberg at Sachsenring, the way the rear tire digs in if you pick the right line is just epic.

Conversely, if you try and pinch that final corner too tightly, the rear will skip and buck in what has to be realistic protest.

Beta13 rules..! IMHO.

Wimp #97

Quote from: PiBoSo on February 13, 2018, 09:15:12 PM

Which is, in your opinion, the mod with the most realistic rear tyre grip?

That is very difficult to say. Most mods have too much rear grip and ofcourse on any mod with TCS on its hard too tell...

I would say the yamaha r6 cup bike feels fairly accurate. It does like to slide a little bit too much I think but its still very good. I do have to say that sliding on most bikes still feels strange. Not sure what or why but I guess its because of the tyre deformation model. Might be the same reason why bumpy curbs are so slippery.
Wimp #97

Champion Moto2 International Cup 2018

poumpouny

i think the honda GP 500 and the manu's moto 2, especially with moto 2 cause it really slide like what i see in TV on real moto 2  ;D

janaucarre

I feel the moto2 kalex rear tyre very well, it pasts very well until the limit and when too much throttle on max angle it slides.
A great compromise between power and grip.