• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:00:30 PM

WSBK VS BSB

Started by badexample69, February 09, 2018, 08:35:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

badexample69

February 09, 2018, 08:35:25 AM Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 08:43:40 AM by badexample69
Cool video with James Whitham! 8)

BSB is the best motorcycle racing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6BB0hSZhWE

connorhall70

BSB is the best by far. Better commentators, Riders are friendly, teams are hilarious, tracks are sick.
WSBK glory days have passed, shit tracks, boring racing, by far the WORST commentators, besides thundersport GB, fuck me they're just as bad though... i find watching FAB racing more entertaining and that shit gay.
GanjaGod

Gunny_Snr

I dunno we get treated same at BSB as we do at WSBK when they come to donnington we can walk around paddock and talk to riders and teams, wanna see some real racing try watching No limits club racing lol.

connorhall70

Quote from: Gunny_Snr on February 09, 2018, 07:35:02 PM
I dunno we get treated same at BSB as we do at WSBK when they come to donnington we can walk around paddock and talk to riders and teams, wanna see some real racing try watching No limits club racing lol.

haha fairs man ive worked at BSB though and know alot of the younger riders, man the piss ups are insane :D maaate trust nothing will ever beat bsb's paddock its just insanity the shit we got up to was mental haha. i could go on for hours about it mate honestly haha.

WSBK has some decent racing but its always the same faces on the podium 80% of the year, at least bsb has some upsets every other round. racing wise id say its close but bsb takes it from anything for me, probably because i race at club level and i know the tracks like the back of my hand so im more interested that way... dunno really...

but paddock wise... nothing and i really mean NOTHING on the planet can possibly beat bsb...
GanjaGod

Gunny_Snr

No I agree as me and Damonboss are both racesafe marshalls so we get to see it all lol.

KG_03

Lucky you guys :-)
I jut found some time to watch it, and I must say that I really dislike this artificial atmosphere build up around MotoGP series and WSBK (after Dorna took it over). I remember Rea or Davies saying that he was asked by Dorna to heat up atmosphere with other riders to make the races more entertaining.

I prefer BSB and the atmosphere around it.

matty0l215

BSB is a great racing series and all the support classes are great too. Close racing with lots of differnet riders winning (as it says in the Film) but it has been like this for years.

I like the idea of a Moto 2-esc series James talked about. We could see some really interesting bikes coming from that.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

connorhall70

Quote from: matty0l215 on February 10, 2018, 07:23:03 PM
BSB is a great racing series and all the support classes are great too. Close racing with lots of differnet riders winning (as it says in the Film) but it has been like this for years.

I like the idea of a Moto 2-esc series James talked about. We could see some really interesting bikes coming from that.

They're too expensive, half the teams in the 600 classes are tiny teams, like family teams... they don't have enough money to compete in that. they struggle with the 600's as it is now.
bad idea to bring prototype bikes into bsb, it'll create a wsbk grid with the manufacturers with the most money wins basically.
GanjaGod

matty0l215

Who said a prototype bike could be an exsisting superstock 600 bike.

Most of the time a fast rider on a slower bike will easily outride a slow rider on a faster bike.

And like they said in the video. Put a budget cap on and select parts only. (e.g. you can buy these fork, them brakes, them electronics etc) to keep costs down

No, it wont be cheap but then this is the highest national level racing series in the UK, It was never intended to be cheap.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

connorhall70

Quote from: matty0l215 on February 18, 2018, 12:35:44 PM
Who said a prototype bike could be an exsisting superstock 600 bike.

Most of the time a fast rider on a slower bike will easily outride a slow rider on a faster bike.

And like they said in the video. Put a budget cap on and select parts only. (e.g. you can buy these fork, them brakes, them electronics etc) to keep costs down

No, it wont be cheap but then this is the highest national level racing series in the UK, It was never intended to be cheap.

its a support class... they are actually made for people on a lower budget... moto2 will not take over bsb's paddock. i have a close friend who rode in bsb and he doesnt like the idea of moto2 in bsb.
and you're wrong with saying a "Most of the time a fast rider on a slower bike will easily outride a slow rider on a faster bike." this is bsb supersport class you're talking about, every single rider has the ability to win if given the right package. and if ones bike is 10mph slower they are at a huge disadvantage. esepecially at bsb level.
having strictly only these forks or whatever doesnt make it cheaper, it makes it more expensive because manufacturer can charge whatever they like, because they know the competitors cant go anywhere else... and thats even if they can get sponsorship from manufacturers.

if you want to replace the main class with moto2 bikes then id agree when u say its not intended to be cheap. you cannot put a prototype bike in a support class, and they wont. go and talk to stock/ssp riders about it and 90% of them wont like the idea of prototype bikes in support classes.
GanjaGod

badexample69

BSB 2018 Round 1 Donington Park Race 1 of 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoaKXjN_N3M
BSB 2018 Round 1 Donington Park Race 2 of 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p05MiEXlsWM

:)

KG_03

Great race by Bradley Ray :-) Second race was great due to conditions on the tracks.

damonboss

i really think Bradley Ray have a chance this year the weather this weekend was super shit. and about the moto 2 they have a different cup if tho they race with the supersports   

Boerenlater

BSB was great the first round. WSBK seems to be too gimped by the rules.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)