• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:43:45 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Some ideas for the WM

Started by Olaf Lehmann, February 26, 2018, 04:38:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olaf Lehmann

February 26, 2018, 04:38:43 AM Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 02:50:16 PM by Olaf Lehmann
Because I have some experiance from a four wheel league I have made some brain storming would can be a good sequel of the WM.

It seems there are to less people for a 15:00 race.
It should be 2 grids at lets say 18:30CET and 20:00CET (the practice should be only 30 minutes). The drivers should be devided depended from the last laptimes or race results from the Victoria race, slower drivers 18:30/faster drivers 20:00. So will be less problems with overlapping and it makes the most fun to fight at the track against equal drivers.
For the third race and so on maybe the last lets say three drivers from the faster grid should scaled down to the slower grid and the three fastest drivers from second grid should start in the next race in the first grid. The advantage of this: There are many new drivers in GPB. Maybe some of them (not me) will be much faster in the next weeks.

I think it should be an overall ranking, because the first race was driven without the correct graduation and in case after a few races it will be less drivers it's easy to switch to one grid.
It seems to me the best kind of ranking should be to compare the race times of both grids. To the race times of lapped drivers should be added the average laptime of the driver * missing laps. Only drivers which times are - after that conversion - faster than winner time +20% AND have seen the checked flag get a score. (small edit a few hours later)
I have made a tool for Grand Prix Legends replay files that creating from replays overall rankings in that way. I think it should be possible for GPB replays too, but I need some weeks to get it to work.
It's important that only the finished drivers get a score, because otherwise it would be possible if let's the the leader make a crash in the last lap an quitted the race he would win the race.

The normal points system of MotoGP/Moto2 wouldn't work because a score for only 15 drivers isn't enough.
My spontan idea is:
1.=100, 2.=80, 3.=64, 4.=52, 5.=44, 6.=38, 7.=34, 8.=32, 9.=31, 10..=30,...,39.=1 (edited a few hours later)

BR Olaf

P.S.: It would be a pity to stop the WM!

KG_03

I think we could copy the solution from MotoGP. 30 mins free practice session. First 10-15 people go to Superpole 2. The others to Superpole 1. First two from SP1 go to SP2. Then we make two differen lobbies.

Wimp #97

I agree with you Olad, as I also said something similar in the victoria race post.

Just the thing with the 3rd race and people moving up and down makes stuff fairly complicated since people quit the race or have a crazy amount of crashes.

Ultimatly you want to have as many people together that do very similar laptimes. My opinion on doing that is rather than looking at the races, just keep track of the practice and qualifying session before the race. Save all the laptimes. If the slowest guy from the "fast" group is more than 1second slower (maybe use percentages for long/short tracks) than the fastest guy from the slow group, they should be swapped (or even multiple people).

For the championship i agree if we do it like this, that we can merge the results and hand out points that way. Just feel like the points should degrade much more. Maybe give the first 20-25 people points but the first 30 seems just very high. A guy who finished 15th twice should not have more points than a person who won a race and didn't make the next one.

But ye, its just that A decision needs to be made
its not a difficult one and it might not be perfect. But there just need to be a decision.
Wimp #97

Champion Moto2 International Cup 2018

Olaf Lehmann

QuoteFor the championship i agree if we do it like this, that we can merge the results and hand out points that way. Just feel like the points should degrade much more. Maybe give the first 20-25 people points but the first 30 seems just very high. A guy who finished 15th twice should not have more points than a person who won a race and didn't make the next one.
I understand, that's a good argument. But I think all drivers should get the chance to get a score.
I have had a second idea: To multiply the fastest five with 4. So the "score-ballance" is like in real Moto2. I have edited it in my first post.

After a reflection I found another blind spot. If the number of laptimes decides if anyone gets a score the driver from the faster grid would be disadvantaged, because it's easier to accomplish the 80% hurdle in the slower grid. Better should it be like I edited this point in my first point now.

A question: Are server replays from yesterday evening and afternoon avaible (or another coplete replays). Unfortunately I have saved only the first 10 laps, because I leaved the server early because I had forget my benzine yesterday.  :o

BR Olaf

JohnnoNinja

I think we should keep it easier. 2 championships pro and am, or 1p and 3p if it can be divided equally...

Gzehoo

It's difficult to split riders for 2 categories, as not everyone will be able to participate at each time.

We may try with 16:00 and 20:00 CET during next race.

Quote from: Olaf Lehmann(...)
The normal points system of MotoGP/Moto2 wouldn't work because a score for only 15 drivers isn't enough.
My spontan idea is:
1.=100, 2.=80, 3.=64, 4.=52, 5.=44, 6.=38, 7.=34, 8.=32, 9.=31, 10..=30,...,39.=1 (edited a few hours later)
(...)

OK, maybe scoring only TOP15 is not enough, but IMO at this moment it's better to score TOP20 riders:

1st - 50 points
2nd - 40
3rd - 33
4th - 28
5th - 24
6th - 21
7th - 18
8th - 15
9th - 13
10th - 11
11th - 10
12th - 9
20th - 1

JohnnoNinja

Quote from: Gzehoo on February 28, 2018, 01:14:57 PM
It's difficult to split riders for 2 categories, as not everyone will be able to participate at each time.

We may try with 16:00 and 20:00 CET during next race.

True, however there is a chance with 2 different start times only few will turn up for one and the rest turns up for the other starttime, with the risk of the server being full. Perhaps consider making an entry list for both starting times and hopefully create 2 full servers?

And Gzehoo, the fact that you're reacting in this thread, does that mean that you did not completely resign from organizing this moto2 championship?? ;)