• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:14:03 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Tired

Started by MultiCOOLFRESH, February 22, 2018, 05:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MultiCOOLFRESH

Hello guys,

I joined the community 1 ½ years ago, had my ups and downs with the game, but I was loyal to the game. And I still am, but right now, I am more or less done... Since the problems with the multiplayer, which is the only thing that keeps the game alive (despite the mods), I lost my motivation. I guess y'all know, but the single player isn't as motivating as the multiplayer. I barely can motivate myself to do the skin for my Moto2 team, I should say for Timbo, since I will not be able to ride. Staying connected to a community of a game, without a working game, is really hard. I have the Discord server and I am really happy about it, but even then I have no motivation and I am not able to keep the server "alive" (just so you know, mostly the Creator has to make the Server interesting). Luckily, many people are communicative and like to be on the Server and my Admins, Wimp and teeds, are doing a great job. I want to thank you guys, since I can tell that you are investing much time into the Server  :D.

I hope that I am able to play the game one day as it is supposed to be played, but right now, no solution is in sight... It really breaks my heart and I do not regret buying the game, doing things with and for the community, I do not regret anything. The community is like a little family and it is always hard to recede from a family... But I am also tired. Tired of the problems with the game and tired of some members of the Forum, who seem to have social problems and are not able to accept other opinions or are not able to have a respectable argument.
I will not completely remove from the community, but I will not be as active as before, due to the reasons I told you.
Have a really nice day  :'(,

MCF  :)
Heeeeeey Hoooooo <br /><br />

damonboss

let's hope we get this shit fixed soon

Syd

That's sad Multi, but not unexpected. The lack of help, or even acknowledgement of the problems from Piboso, is even sadder.

I don't suffer from the online problems, but have a lot of sympathy for those that do.

And thank you for providing the Discord server. Especially since you don't even get to use it :-\

MultiCOOLFRESH

Quote from: Syd on February 22, 2018, 06:32:19 PM
That's sad Multi, but not unexpected. The lack of help, or even acknowledgement of the problems from Piboso, is even sadder.

I don't suffer from the online problems, but have a lot of sympathy for those that do.

And thank you for providing the Discord server. Especially since you don't even get to use it :-\

Thank you very much for your understanding :)
MCF

connorhall70

reinstall the game? turn off firewall? portforward the port gpbikes uses? run gpbikes as admin?

its obviously an issue with the users pc, not the game. if the game works for 90% of the community, then its the users fault, not piboso's. i understand he must take some responsibility for it.

but if it works for 90% of us then its not exactly his fault...

it could be down to the host of the server. compatibility issues maybe?

i dunno but if people could actually put their hardware and software specs that would really help piboso diagnose this problem and fix it.

its these sorta things that he needs, not endless posting of "ERRRR CORE WHEN ONLINE WTF HELP"

wtf is a developer supposed to do with that information? for all he knows you could be running 2gb ddr2 ram and some old ass cpu,

Dedicated gpu or not?

EXPLAIN AND HE WILL HELP.
GanjaGod

JamoZ

Gunny_Snr

February 22, 2018, 10:14:51 PM #6 Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 10:17:21 PM by Gunny_Snr
Connor we have tried all that as i can hot swap harddrives and ina out on my machine and it still don't work. so it ain't a hardware problem or internet as my home hub is open to dmz,

Multi i understand your pain as i to cannot get this game working we have tried all sorts to fix the problem and like you have had no joy and it is very frustrating that lack of support or acknowlegement of their is a problem is also frustrating, be sad to see you go.

matty0l215

For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

KG_03

We have tried different solutions as described above. None of them worked. What weird is that Beta 12B worked without problems and after the update the multiplayer stopped working. So the question is what was changed in multiplayer code that it makes a conflict with Windows 10 ?
PiBoSo already said that he must know how to replicate the issue, otherwise he wont be able to help.

MCF its very sad what you wrote. I really hope that you will come back to game once it will work again. I really liked our chats not only related with game.

Ian

This is the first Beta that has given me real problems nothing has changed with my system.

speedfr

Hello MCF,

what a sad issue...

I'm part of "here" for less than you, been playing fine for a while and now stop until my rig is done but he scares me what you wrote.
And i understand perfectly the way you are disgusted, it's so frustrating...

But as i could read from Connorhall, i guess that's something else because everything works fine for a lot of people.

I just hope you gonna come back fast and find a way.
To me, as an IT guy, there's something that i heard that made my brain react : Windows 10.

And i can say that since this fu*%*$ OS is out, i work a lot more than under Windows 7 and 8.
So, until it's out of Beta state, please, please, avoid it form far.

The thing is, and i'm pretty sure it's a lot of the problems we have : 64bits.
When Piboso will have the time and the decision to do that, we gonna have a lot better software.

Hope your mood is temporary and that you come back soon.

Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

connorhall70

you try all these things but you never actually post about it. That's my point, nobody speaks to him properly or directly, just moan on  a forum about how he does nothing about game breaking bugs.
GanjaGod

JamoZ

Quote from: connorhall70 on February 23, 2018, 01:27:04 AM
you try all these things but you never actually post about it. That's my point, nobody speaks to him properly or directly, just moan on  a forum about how he does nothing about game breaking bugs.

Trust me if i say that dozens (including myself) have spend countless hours over the past years bug hunting, explaining issues and other stuff just to get PiBoSo to work on certain area`s and mainly the core problem. The fact that we are still here "moaning" about it without any solutions can probably tell you how much improvement we made since then :')

MultiCOOLFRESH

Hi all,

I really appreciate your messages :,). I will still try to be on the Server and so on, since y'all are such good chaps :). I hope that we somehow fix the game. @Connor we tried basically everything possible, but if Mr. P does not seem to be interested, I will not explain what we did, since we help ourselfs and I won't write anything when we made single to none progress, only that it does not need to be a network problem.

MCF :)

grimm

I faithfully followed GP Bikes from Alpha3 up to Beta11... when the file structure changed yet again and required updating of all mod bikes... that was the breaking point for me. I gave up and now quietly lurk, hoping that if I have to deal with reinstalling every, single, thing, back on my hard drive, I'll do it when the game/sim has been sorted far enough that it is worth the effort.

I tried to start some fun offline with the wheelie challenge, but it seems I'm the best? Nobody has really put an effort into trying and posting a video, or, there just isn't any hooligans? Dunno, but it really seemed odd nobody wanted in on it.

Met a few GP Bikes members over the years. We are a strong community! Piboso most definitely has our collective support. Far more than almost any early access dev I've ever seen. My Summer Car is the only other alpha/beta early game I've seen that is sorta buggy, but has as much rallied support from a small group... and MSC has sold so many copies the dev has to be swimming in money like Scrooge McDuck. With some polishing, as the community has said ALOT, Piboso's title could go the same route... just need that net code and steam early access and the financial gain would help grow that skin a little thicker to ignore the criticisms.  ;)

I'm thinking it's about time Piboso has some trust in us and discloses what is going on. Is the code a mess? Is the work load spread too thin? What gives? I understand the need for privacy, but it's been years, an explanation, even if it's a shrug over not having a clue what is causing problems, is better than nothing... yet we get radio silence.

Back to lurking... hopefully something changes.

Finding Manu in a server after the release of the CBR600RR was one of the most fun times I ever had online in any game. If GP Bikes was sorted, I would never have a free minute with how often I would try to be online riding. I really wish I had a screen shot of the chat when people started seeing my wheelies as I was running laps: "Wow", "You're good!", "Holy sh*t!!".  8)

Give a wave to the people in the pits as I clear the entire front strait at Victoria.  ;D
http://www.youtube.com/v/t7rVnHLwWgk