• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:13:26 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Multiplayer problems survey

Started by PiBoSo, February 22, 2018, 10:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

February 22, 2018, 10:57:15 PM Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 11:02:12 PM by PiBoSo
For those who have multiplayer crashes, please answer a few questions:
1) What operative system are you using?
2) What controller are you using?
3) Have you applied the ( infamous ) LAA Hack?
4) Have you tried an event at Victoria with stock bikes only?

Everyone else, an important suggestion:
server administrators should always remember to limit the allowed categories as much as possible, to limit the loading times and, more importantly, the memory usage.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

teeds

I've been helping diagnose with several people and I can say this about your questions, from my point of view -

1/. Windows 10 mostly but a new guy has the same issue with win8
2/. I got MCF to test with keyboard only
3/. Crashes with and without it using stock bikes only (shouldn't need LAA on stock track and bikes right?)
4/. I setup a server running only stock bikes at Victoria for MCF to test on after a fresh install and no mods, it still crashed.

HTH

PiBoSo

Quote from: teeds on February 23, 2018, 08:40:53 AM
I've been helping diagnose with several people and I can say this about your questions, from my point of view -

1/. Windows 10 mostly but a new guy has the same issue with win8
2/. I got MCF to test with keyboard only
3/. Crashes with and without it using stock bikes only (shouldn't need LAA on stock track and bikes right?)
4/. I setup a server running only stock bikes at Victoria for MCF to test on after a fresh install and no mods, it still crashed.

HTH

1. Is there anyone using Windows 10 with no problems?
2. That was a long shot on my side... If it works offline, it should work online, too
3. Right, the LAA hack is not needed for stock bikes and track
4. Darn, this bug will be VERY tough to crack :(

JohnnoNinja

To answer your first question: I'm using windows 10 and used several gpbikes versions the last 2 years on my laptop and I think the beta 13 is the most stable so far. It hasn't been completely core free. I had only 3 core's since beta 13 came out.

teeds

Yes, I use Windows 10 as do many others with no problems. In fact since b13 GPBikes has never been so stable for me and from what I hear most others too, maybe 1 or 2 cores in many many hours of online play.

poumpouny

I think you should not consider windows 10 as a whole thing, since each build of windows 10  is hugely different. Yesterday i've lost almost all my personnal data after windows 10 update, which didn't recognize my data partition .....

teeds

Another odd factor is that the game works fine for all experiencing this issue offline, just online is affected. This points to connectivity issues right? But we have an example where one player has the problem and one does not in the same house using the same router and connection etc.

teeds

Quote from: poumpouny on February 23, 2018, 12:19:51 PM
I think you should not consider windows 10 as a whole thing, since each build of windows 10  is hugely different. Yesterday i've lost almost all my personnal data after windows 10 update, which didn't recognize my data partition .....

Happens on win8 too though, not that a particular version of any windows might be to blame of course.

poumpouny

Because most of those who have the core problem is new user, i think you should also check if something had been changed in the online liscence checking Mr Pib

teeds

Also is there perhaps any kind of additional game logging you can provide to those with the issue?

PiBoSo

Quote from: teeds on February 23, 2018, 12:21:52 PM
Another odd factor is that the game works fine for all experiencing this issue offline, just online is affected. This points to connectivity issues right? But we have an example where one player has the problem and one does not in the same house using the same router and connection etc.

That should rule out connection problems.
Is the crash experienced even when alone on track, with no one connecting?

teeds

Quote from: PiBoSo on February 23, 2018, 12:35:26 PM
Is the crash experienced even when alone on track, with no one connecting?

Yes.

PiBoSo

Manu

Windows 10 pro here.

0 problems in all situations.

LAA working.

core.exe never again in beta 13.

It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.

h106frp

Only crash I have had wit b13 is going to a wet track without a wet set up defined - crash on spawn from pits.