• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

[GP Bikes beta15b] WorldSBK 18 Kawasaki ZX-10R 1.1

Started by Italian Mod Team, February 26, 2018, 04:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackheart

Quote from: Panigale V4 on October 10, 2018, 12:07:42 PM
hi guys! fantastic work for kawasaki..sorry, there's some news about the full project release? it's dead the project? (i hope no)! thanks in advance for the answer

Its a alive project but next bikes will be tested and released with the beta 15 of GP bikes. Atm there are issue with the phisics of the game, so better waiting for dont waste time  ;)

Panigale V4

Quote from: Blackheart on October 10, 2018, 12:15:25 PM
Quote from: Panigale V4 on October 10, 2018, 12:07:42 PM
hi guys! fantastic work for kawasaki..sorry, there's some news about the full project release? it's dead the project? (i hope no)! thanks in advance for the answer

Its a alive project but next bikes will be tested and released with the beta 15 of GP bikes. Atm there are issue with the phisics of the game, so better waiting for dont waste time  ;)

thanks for you answer and for your works, i'll wait news ;)

kpayne111

Any update on this project? I still have this bike and I like it! I find there needs to be taller gearing for bigger tracks as I hit the rev limiter on longer straights.

KG_03

As written earlier, the project will be continuead once beta 15 is out

Myst1cPrun3

I love the kawak, it handles really well, however it feels like the gears are too close together and the speeds in the garage settings dont seem to be relevant to what the bike can to before hitting the limiters and maxing out. for instance top gear maxes out at 206mph in the garage, but 198mph is the max the bike gets too before the limiter takes over, and it hits the limiter on the front straight at snetterton despite the max gearing. Other than this I am in love with the bike, and is a marked improvement over the 2017 mod. :)

Blackheart

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on December 05, 2018, 09:29:06 PM
I love the kawak, it handles really well, however it feels like the gears are too close together and the speeds in the garage settings dont seem to be relevant to what the bike can to before hitting the limiters and maxing out. for instance top gear maxes out at 206mph in the garage, but 198mph is the max the bike gets too before the limiter takes over, and it hits the limiter on the front straight at snetterton despite the max gearing. Other than this I am in love with the bike, and is a marked improvement over the 2017 mod. :)

thx,

So the top speed in garage is not "real" because there are other factors, for example:; aerodynamics resistace, tyres... and for sure other stuff  ;)

Anyway for sure will be improved also engine\gearbox in the final version.  :D

Myst1cPrun3

Beautiful, could be the best 'Big Bike' mod in GPB when it's finished 👍

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: Blackheart on December 05, 2018, 09:44:29 PM
Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on December 05, 2018, 09:29:06 PM

thx,

So the top speed in garage is not "real" because there are other factors, for example:; aerodynamics resistace, tyres... and for sure other stuff  ;)

Anyway for sure will be improved also engine\gearbox in the final version.  :D

Upon re-reading I may have not been too clear, as its not that it runs out of speed with air resistance/drag etc, its that the electronic rev limiter kicks in.

Blackheart

Update for GP Bikes beta 15b

- Updated gearbox
- Changed Category in WorldSBK 18 1.1 (b15)

Download update 1.1 for GP Bikes Beta 15b: https://mega.nz/#!ey4xHKJC!DS5ZFIg8NSf-TciGTPEq5zmFn_U4ddcoiSyj4j3ajXg

davidboda46

February 28, 2019, 01:09:35 AM #85 Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 01:14:17 AM by davidboda46
Hi.

Love how this bike handles, nice change of direction, good front end feel and I can play with the rear wheel, spinning it to change the trajectory (awesome fun at Stoner corner and the last long left that leads on to the straight on Victoria). Just one question, the gears in the default setting seems to be a bit tight, very short range between them if you know what I mean, but maybe it's correct, never riden the bike in real life (obviously) so I can't compare. I also noticed that if I change the front tire to SC2 (I think it was that one, the second option), the front end tucks very easily. No such problem with the SC1 (default tire).   

Thanks for your awesome work. Will you guys be upgrading the full WSBK set to "18", or maybe even jump to 2019? 

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Blackheart

Quote from: davidboda46 on February 28, 2019, 01:09:35 AM
Hi.

Love how this bike handles, nice change of direction, good front end feel and I can play with the rear wheel, spinning it to change the trajectory (awesome fun at Stoner corner and the last long left that leads on to the straight on Victoria). Just one question, the gears in the default setting seems to be a bit tight, very short range between them if you know what I mean, but maybe it's correct, never riden the bike in real life (obviously) so I can't compare. I also noticed that if I change the front tire to SC2 (I think it was that one, the second option), the front end tucks very easily. No such problem with the SC1 (default tire).   

Thanks for your awesome work. Will you guys be upgrading the full WSBK set to "18", or maybe even jump to 2019? 

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46

Default gears are too short because my tests are with tiny tracks, so yep it is better change it for normal tracks. SC2 are the harder compound with less grip, but more life compared to SC1 (soft compound).

The 2018 set I think was a "bad idea", because in real life the bikes were the same of the 2017, just with some little changes in the rules (i.e. "rpm penalty" to kawasaki). Probably this bike will be changed in the 2019 version with the panigale V4 R.

For a full set never say never.  ;)

davidboda46

I know SC2 is harder, but for me it's too hard, or it's too difficult to get heat into them, don't know which one. I lose the front at medium lean angles, just by adding a little throttle input (default tire pressure).

Keeping my fingers crossed for a full set  ;)

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46 
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Blackheart

Tested now the SC2, both front and rear at Victoria for 8 laps, last one not counted for a crash (touched the grass with the rear tire in the final corner, for this reason there is a 144° on the front)

Default setup and final ratio 18\37 and I never lose the front, maybe you tried these tires with a too low track temp.

davidboda46

Hmm, ok. I ran on default track settings. Have to try again I guess. Thanks for looking into it.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46