• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Comfort options in VR mode

Started by 4wheels, February 28, 2018, 12:51:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4wheels

Hi guys, new player here.
After the initial set up of controller, graphics and the first mods I tried the VR experience with my oculus Rift.
Racing sims of are generally very beautiful on oculus, and GPB is no exception.
Imho GP BIKES VR can be further developed and improved, so I like to share some thoughts about that.
Usually I do not accuse nausea(motion sickness) when playing driving sim like assetto corsa /  project cars2 ( a special case is dirt rally, that I can not tolerate), but with GP Bikes I have very different sensations . what i feel is very dependent on the type of bike and circuit: for example I have zero nausea problems when I race on victoria track, instead Laguna seca is too much "intense".
It would be nice to have graphic options for more "comfortable" Vr. Something like this is expected in the next releases?
What is more difficult for me to bear is the upward and downward movement of bike / pilot's view. Maybe the option to (b)lock the view on horizon level could make the trick ?

Vini

I'm not sure if this mode works with VR but go to My Documents\PiBoSo\GP Bikes\profiles\profilename and open profile.ini. Scroll to the [view] section and add (or modify) the line mode=1.

Out of curiosity, does nausea get worse at specific corners or is it roughly the same? For example, is the corkscrew particularily bad?

4wheels

Thanks
i will test the addition in ini file , if It works. Is this for Horizon locked view?

Regarding nausea...Yes, the corkscrew is the worst part, not the only one anyway. Along the track there are so many hills and turns.
I Hope to pass It with Small steps. It is better for me to start racing on flat tracks

Vini

yes, or to the track, at least not to the bike.