• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:16:51 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Moto2 Bike random flip into the air, on restart engine won't start

Started by turlock, February 28, 2018, 10:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turlock

A problem a few people seem to be having with the Moto 2 bike is that now and again as you horse into a corner on the brakes the Moto2 bike will just flip into the air with an instant engine stop.
On recovering the bike the engine won't start and you need to go back to the garage to relaunch.
Sometimes it's very frequent (1 in 5 laps) other times it's not as frequent (1 in 30) but it happens a fair bit

I've attached a reply of it happening and what looks to be the issue is the front tyre on the brakes is burying itself below the track for a split second which of course catches and you're gone.
See the images frame by frame (with two angles of the actual issue on frame 3), anything other info that helps let me know

Cheers,
Dave

KG_03

Thats so weird because I never had a similar thing also didnt have that problem as Reactive has (the rear jumping into the air)... how is that some people have a problem like this an others don't ...

Wimp #97

The problem is that the engine breakes. When the engine breakes, there is a bug in the physics which causes the bike to fly up in the air and do crazy stuff.

The engine breaking can be due to having assists on (not the rider lean assists, but like shift help, traction help, brake help). Try turning those assists off.
Wimp #97

Champion Moto2 International Cup 2018

BOBR6 84

Ive had this happen a fair few times now.. i also get a collision noise when it happens.. on one occasion the bike flew so high it left australia hahahahaha  ;D ;D

turlock

Only help I have (bar auto clutch) was shift help so I've knocked that off, I'll let you know how it goes

Did about 10 laps there with no issues but too early to tell.
As an aside I would have normally been shifting fairly heavily down when it happened so could be onto something

davidboda46

I have all the assists off and it has still happened to me, but only once so far and only with the Moto2 bike (KTM). I use the clutch and gas to blip the throttle while shifting and braking for the corners, and I think on that occasion let go of the clutch but didn't have high enough revs to match.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"