• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:39:01 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

[ROUND 2] Johor

Started by Gzehoo, March 01, 2018, 08:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tusrat

Oh :(.. So unfair to me :/.. Not blaming or nomething but I think we cannot merge two different races because all the incidents / crashes that occurs in a race will not be in the other one.

As an example, if there are not crazy guy in a race and everyone is rinding well without any crash, you're race time will be very good when in the other race, where people want to have a real race with overtakes and so on, the racetime will be more and more impacted.. Do you guys see what I mean ?

Plus, the 3am race seems to be easier because there are less people.. They were only 14 where we were around 20 for the 8am one. That mean more dangerous situation on track and so on..

One again, not blaming or something... Just saying that another way of give point could be better if one exists...

teeds

We know what you mean, it's been pointed out before. But I think with the worldwide grid we have this is the best solution?

Tusrat

Quote from: teeds on March 07, 2018, 01:23:42 PM
We know what you mean, it's been pointed out before. But I think with the worldwide grid we have this is the best solution?

Sorry, didn't notice before that you had already talk about his  ::)..

Of course, with the worldwide grid, this is very complicate !
I remember I suggest (here : http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=5699.0) to split the grid depending on where live the guys and who is free at the moment of the race, like :

- European race + (Other guy from other country that are free)
- American / Asian Race + (Other guy from other country that are free)

Is that a good idea ? Of course, that mean that we don't merge the two races to have 2 parallel championships...

Olaf Lehmann

QuotePlus, the 3am race seems to be easier because there are less people.. They were only 14 where we were around 20 for the 8am one. That mean more dangerous situation on track and so on..
Selfmade it is so.
My hope is: Because of that fact will be more people start at the 15CET race, if they have the possibility.

In the second race (Johor) was a bit more participants in the afternoon race as in the first race at Victoria. I'll try to race in the third race 15CET again, but otherwise I wouldn't race with less than 10 drivers because it's not really fun.

QuotePosted by: teeds
« on: Today at 01:23:42 PM »
Insert Quote

I think so.

Phathry25

Not a fan of region splitting. I want to race people of similar skill, location isn't important. Besides splitting by region you would have 5 players in the Americas race and more than a server could handle in the European race.  The current solution isn't perfect but it's pretty solid for the time being.

Wimp #97

I'm a fan of simply splitting by skill. but i got to say i'm happy its this way for me now since I'm not always free at 20.00CET on sunday :/ so I can kinda chose when I can race.
Wimp #97

Champion Moto2 International Cup 2018

Tusrat

To be honest, I'm really fan of riding with other gys that have the same lap time / skills that me. But at the moment this is not really the case unfortunately :/..

Nevermind, I think the actual way of doing the championship makes the most people being able to ride and is probably the best one for this.

teeds

Having many people enter for races and having to figure out how to split them is a nice problem to have eh  ;D

Rodrigovis

Someone saved the replay of the second race

Olaf Lehmann

March 09, 2018, 05:17:56 PM #54 Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 05:22:54 PM by Olaf Lehmann
QuoteHaving many people enter for races and having to figure out how to split them is a nice problem to have eh 
Yes that are luxury problems.

But I think the valuation of the two races is like a lottery.
It isn't a good idea simply to list the drivers in the first line in order of the driving lap. If the winner of one race is much faster than in the other race the overlapped drivers of the faster race are obvious disadvantaged.

Like announced two weeks before I have made a tool that compares the both grids (in using of race exports) much more realistic.
The overlapped finishers gets added missing laps*average laptime (of this driver).
Then the modified times are compared and drivers with a slower time than 120% of the winner are assigned in grew (80% rule independent of overlapping).

Here is  the comparision of Johor in that way.

http://race.eolc.de/Olaf_Lehmann/XR02johor.html

The listing is clearly recognizable from the official listing - no wonder because the winner of race1 was 45s faster than the winner in race2.

I have packed the tool in the folder from GPBBestLap, see here:
http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=5762.0

I think the tool could make the listing easier than before and it is relative understandable.

BR Olaf

P.S.: JulianChips is only with 18laps listed because the GPB Export say it. I think there was a problem with GPB itself.