• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:45:31 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Moto2 1.4 setups

Started by turlock, March 01, 2018, 09:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turlock

Anyone got any moto 2 1.4 setups? Can't seem to break into the 1:33's on Victoria and so it's blatently a set up problem

guigui404

guigui404

Quote from: connorhall70 on March 01, 2018, 10:38:25 PM
i can do 1:30's with supersofts and 20mm brake...

Get good noob.
Wao , maybe my english is really bad , or you're really really aggresive to him. He asks for something , what's the point of saying you're in 1.30

Wimp #97

Get good noob.

I have not seen you do 1.30's on moto2 v1.4,
So far ive seen only Davide and I are able to break the 1.31 barrier on the moto2s, so hope this comment is a joke.

Regarding the setup. I did a 1.30.8 on default setup and 1.30.6 on my own setup (which is 99.9% default), so you are not gonna go much faster due to setup. Keep in mind i'm using the suter, pretty sure some other moto2's could do with some setup changes.
Wimp #97

Champion Moto2 International Cup 2018

turlock

Get good noob.

Haha I'm trying :D

Cheers I was just wondering if there was some super set up out there, best to date is 1:34.14 but I've had ideal lap times in the low 1:33's

I've no problems being a couple of seconds off the pace but 4 seconds and I literally can't figure out where I can make time.
But yeah more laps, haven't tried the 20mm brake so I'll give that a go.

What do youse reckon on a bigger rear sprocket? I've done that and it doesn't seem to impact top speed on the straight

BOBR6 84

Victoria is a tough one to scrape a good laptime.. use all the track and maximise your corner exit speeds. Ive messed around alot with my setup and now im stuck going slower than before lol. So when im on next il start again from default setup..

Not taking part in the championship.. just a personal hurdle to get the laptime i want  :)

Blackheart

Quote from: turlock on March 02, 2018, 10:35:44 AM
Haha I'm trying :D

Cheers I was just wondering if there was some super set up out there, best to date is 1:34.14 but I've had ideal lap times in the low 1:33's

I've no problems being a couple of seconds off the pace but 4 seconds and I literally can't figure out where I can make time.
But yeah more laps, haven't tried the 20mm brake so I'll give that a go.

What do youse reckon on a bigger rear sprocket? I've done that and it doesn't seem to impact top speed on the straight

I'm pretty sure that you re faster that connor... like the 99.9% of the riders here.

connorhall70

Quote from: Wimp #97 on March 02, 2018, 07:24:28 AM

Get good noob.

I have not seen you do 1.30's on moto2 v1.4,
So far ive seen only Davide and I are able to break the 1.31 barrier on the moto2s, so hope this comment is a joke.

Regarding the setup. I did a 1.30.8 on default setup and 1.30.6 on my own setup (which is 99.9% default), so you are not gonna go much faster due to setup. Keep in mind i'm using the suter, pretty sure some other moto2's could do with some setup changes.

yerr just managed a couple 33's on suter... my mistake
GanjaGod

turlock

Right was just doing laps on the R6 cup there and realised something, I can go just as fast on that which I presume isn't right.

The big thing that's holding me back on the Moto 2 bike seems to be the complete lack of slipper clutch and looking at videos some other people don't seem to have the same problem.
I'm using an xbox controller and an automatic clutch, when I horse into a corner and start banging down the gears the rear locks up and I end up over the highside

I can get around it to a degree by just downshifting in stages as the bike slows down but I still get the feeling that managing that is pushing the bike further into the corner taking me away from the apex.

So just wondering, how do people manage the clutch for downshifts?

Cheers!

Wimp #97

Quote from: turlock on April 05, 2018, 02:49:43 PM
Right was just doing laps on the R6 cup there and realised something, I can go just as fast on that which I presume isn't right.

The big thing that's holding me back on the Moto 2 bike seems to be the complete lack of slipper clutch and looking at videos some other people don't seem to have the same problem.
I'm using an xbox controller and an automatic clutch, when I horse into a corner and start banging down the gears the rear locks up and I end up over the highside

I can get around it to a degree by just downshifting in stages as the bike slows down but I still get the feeling that managing that is pushing the bike further into the corner taking me away from the apex.

Cheers!

Delay downshifts, if the braking zones are long you can downshift a couple of gears and slide it in and then at the end before the apex drop the last gear.
If the braking zone is shorter or not straight, just try to keep the rear inline without sliding by downshifting slower. Maybe even throttleblip if you feel like it.
Also you can brake very hard with the front brake so the bike doesn't run wide on brakes as much.

But the R6 cup bike isnt much slower than the moto2 bike. Like 2 seconds i think.
Wimp #97

Champion Moto2 International Cup 2018

connorhall70

Quote from: turlock on April 05, 2018, 02:49:43 PM

Cheers!

look at it like this: as you downshift there is a very short time you are in "neutral" (not literally) and in this time you can rev match without using the clutch at all (blip throttle to the correct rpm on downshifts, takes some practice but ez after a while).

i usually downshift and INSTANTLY rev match, this goes for any type of braking that could potentially lock the rear.
dont overdo it though because one you're at the correct rpm you're no longer in this "neutral" so the bike will pull if you rev it which usually results in the weight being taken from the front, put onto the rear, and causing the front to lock, and then when after you blipped it you've crashed.

i dont do them at the same time, literally 0.01 second after i have downshifted i then rev match, one after the other. It makes it alot easier to do them this way.

also remember moto2 bikes are tuned cbr600 engines in a race frame. and in my opinion the moto2 bikes are way too stable, stupidly stable. to the point they're BORING compared to the R6 cup.

at least the rider gets his knee down every corner on the r6 xD barely ever touches on moto2 bikes. so dead.
GanjaGod

turlock

Thanks a mill guys, I'll give that a go now and see how I get on :D

CapeDoctor

try to avoid the Sam Lowes style of banging down through the gears at once.... ;D

Hawk

For a racing bike, the slipper clutch should be adjustable to suit your riding style(as per reality)...... Not sure if this bike currently has several slipper clutch(engine brake) settings or not? They might help as a workaround for now?
The slipper clutch is there simply to stop the rear wheel locking up no matter how aggressive you are with your downshifts, it all depends on your riding style and adjusting the slipper clutch as required.... Or that's the way it should be on a racing bike. Riders shouldn't have to alter their riding style to accommodate the slipper clutch limitations in GPB; we need this sorted Piboso.  :)

Personally, I think the slipper clutch has not worked properly in GPB since approx beta 5? I remember at the time, the slipper clutch on the GPB Italia MOD Team R6 bike and it worked beautifully by just keeping the rear wheel on the edge of locking up(but not locking-up) no matter how aggressive you were with your downshifts; you could drift that bike into the corners beautifully at any time using the slipper clutch to control the rear drift.... I've not seen any of the 4 stroke bikes able to do that since the release of beta 6 so something changed or was added to the physics from beta 5 to beta 6 that messed up the slipper-clutch operation to some degree since, in my opinion. ;)

I've been trying to convince Piboso to get the mechanical slipper clutch settings sorted and put into the garage settings for the next beta, but whether he will do or not I don't know.

connorhall70

Quote from: Hawk on April 25, 2018, 10:39:53 AM
For a racing bike, the slipper clutch should be adjustable to suit your riding style(as per reality)...... Not sure if this bike currently has several slipper clutch(engine brake) settings or not? They might help as a workaround for now?
The slipper clutch is there simply to stop the rear wheel locking up no matter how aggressive you are with your downshifts, it all depends on your riding style and adjusting the slipper clutch as required.... Or that's the way it should be on a racing bike. Riders shouldn't have to alter their riding style to accommodate the slipper clutch limitations in GPB; we need this sorted Piboso.  :)

Personally, I think the slipper clutch has not worked properly in GPB since approx beta 5? I remember at the time, the slipper clutch on the GPB Italia MOD Team R6 bike and it worked beautifully by just keeping the rear wheel on the edge of locking up(but not locking-up) no matter how aggressive you were with your downshifts; you could drift that bike into the corners beautifully at any time using the slipper clutch to control the rear drift.... I've not seen any of the 4 stroke bikes able to do that since the release of beta 6 so something changed or was added to the physics from beta 5 to beta 6 that messed up the slipper-clutch operation to some degree since, in my opinion. ;)

I've been trying to convince Piboso to get the mechanical slipper clutch settings sorted and put into the garage settings for the next beta, but whether he will do or not I don't know.

Is the R6 different in beta 13 compared to the beta 4/5 R6 that you mentioned? i still think the R6 has a great slipper clutch feeling?! but i didn't play back in the times you mentioned
GanjaGod