• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:25:27 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Moto2 1.4 setups

Started by turlock, March 01, 2018, 09:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

April 25, 2018, 02:47:23 PM #15 Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 02:52:18 PM by Hawk
Quote from: connorhall70 on April 25, 2018, 01:30:56 PM
Quote from: Hawk on April 25, 2018, 10:39:53 AM
For a racing bike, the slipper clutch should be adjustable to suit your riding style(as per reality)...... Not sure if this bike currently has several slipper clutch(engine brake) settings or not? They might help as a workaround for now?
The slipper clutch is there simply to stop the rear wheel locking up no matter how aggressive you are with your downshifts, it all depends on your riding style and adjusting the slipper clutch as required.... Or that's the way it should be on a racing bike. Riders shouldn't have to alter their riding style to accommodate the slipper clutch limitations in GPB; we need this sorted Piboso.  :)

Personally, I think the slipper clutch has not worked properly in GPB since approx beta 5? I remember at the time, the slipper clutch on the GPB Italia MOD Team R6 bike and it worked beautifully by just keeping the rear wheel on the edge of locking up(but not locking-up) no matter how aggressive you were with your downshifts; you could drift that bike into the corners beautifully at any time using the slipper clutch to control the rear drift.... I've not seen any of the 4 stroke bikes able to do that since the release of beta 6 so something changed or was added to the physics from beta 5 to beta 6 that messed up the slipper-clutch operation to some degree since, in my opinion. ;)

I've been trying to convince Piboso to get the mechanical slipper clutch settings sorted and put into the garage settings for the next beta, but whether he will do or not I don't know.

Is the R6 different in beta 13 compared to the beta 4/5 R6 that you mentioned? i still think the R6 has a great slipper clutch feeling?! but i didn't play back in the times you mentioned

All the bikes are different from the bikes that were about in beta 5.... There's been some pretty big physics changes since then. ;D

The issue is that GPB isn't simulating the slipper clutch quite correctly right now; whether that is because of another issue with the physics or the slipper clutch simulation itself I don't know.
Reminds me of the issue where it was/is sometimes difficult to change down gears when your rear braking? Not sure if that bug has been fixed yet either?

Just frustrates me when we get riders stating that other riders who are having slipper clutch issues are told to alter their riding style to compensate.... How about asking Piboso to fix the slipper clutch instead. Lol! :P ;D

connorhall70

Quote from: Hawk on April 25, 2018, 02:47:23 PM
For a racing bike, the slipper clutch should be adjustable to suit your riding style(as per reality)...... Not sure if this bike currently has several slipper clutch(engine brake) settings or not? They might help as a workaround for now?
The slipper clutch is there simply to stop the rear wheel locking up no matter how aggressive you are with your downshifts, it all depends on your riding style and adjusting the slipper clutch as required.... Or that's the way it should be on a racing bike. Riders shouldn't have to alter their riding style to accommodate the slipper clutch limitations in GPB; we need this sorted Piboso.  :)

Personally, I think the slipper clutch has not worked properly in GPB since approx beta 5? I remember at the time, the slipper clutch on the GPB Italia MOD Team R6 bike and it worked beautifully by just keeping the rear wheel on the edge of locking up(but not locking-up) no matter how aggressive you were with your downshifts; you could drift that bike into the corners beautifully at any time using the slipper clutch to control the rear drift.... I've not seen any of the 4 stroke bikes able to do that since the release of beta 6 so something changed or was added to the physics from beta 5 to beta 6 that messed up the slipper-clutch operation to some degree since, in my opinion. ;)

I've been trying to convince Piboso to get the mechanical slipper clutch settings sorted and put into the garage settings for the next beta, but whether he will do or not I don't know.

Is the R6 different in beta 13 compared to the beta 4/5 R6 that you mentioned? i still think the R6 has a great slipper clutch feeling?! but i didn't play back in the times you mentioned

All the bikes are different from the bikes that were about in beta 5.... There's been some pretty big physics changes since then. ;D

The issue is that GPB isn't simulating the slipper clutch quite correctly right now; whether that is because of another issue with the physics or the slipper clutch simulation itself I don't know.
Reminds me of the issue where it was/is sometimes difficult to change down gears when your rear braking? Not sure if that bug has been fixed yet either?

Just frustrates me when we get riders stating that other riders who are having slipper clutch issues are told to alter their riding style to compensate.... How about asking Piboso to fix the slipper clutch instead. Lol! :P ;D

well... i understand where you're coming from and all but, are you 100% sure that its not the mod creators doing something wrong? im just wondering not accusing lol
Yeah i remember the rear brake thing... i dont use the rear brake anymore because of that, and i didnt really use it much anyway... only for fun and when i do nowadays its only if the bike allows it halfway round the corner just to tighten the line a tad.......
GanjaGod

Hawk

Quote from: connorhall70 on April 25, 2018, 07:31:44 PM
Quote from: Hawk on April 25, 2018, 02:47:23 PM

well... i understand where you're coming from and all but, are you 100% sure that its not the mod creators doing something wrong? im just wondering not accusing lol
Yeah i remember the rear brake thing... i dont use the rear brake anymore because of that, and i didnt really use it much anyway... only for fun and when i do nowadays its only if the bike allows it halfway round the corner just to tighten the line a tad.......

Good point.... It is difficult right now to setup the slipper clutch as it is to work correctly on any given 4 stroke bike in my opinion, for modders and riders. This is why I've also been asking Piboso to include a slipper clutch action bar+data in the bike test debug screen so modders/riders can actually see what the slipper clutch is doing or not doing as the case maybe; that way modders and riders could set the slipper clutch settings ranges correctly each time according to their riding style.

BOBR6 84

Bit off topic but about the rear brake when downshifting... still dont understand the problem lol.

Braking hard with the front brake all the weight transfers to the front. Now if the the rear lifts slightly and your foot (or finger 😁) is on the rear brake.. aswell as disengaging the clutch.. i dont see why it would let you downshift??  ??? Surely if your gonna use rear brake its after all the downshifts are done?

Hawk

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on April 26, 2018, 06:58:33 AM
Bit off topic but about the rear brake when downshifting... still dont understand the problem lol.

Braking hard with the front brake all the weight transfers to the front. Now if the the rear lifts slightly and your foot (or finger 😁) is on the rear brake.. aswell as disengaging the clutch.. i dont see why it would let you downshift??  ??? Surely if your gonna use rear brake its after all the downshifts are done?

The issue is; not whether you would want to downshift in certain situations(as you stated in your quote) but the fact that it won't let you downshift in certain situations when you are actually rear braking(also drops the rpm down to almost nothing too in those situations, so something is wrong).
You should be able to downshift anytime you want no matter whether your rear braking or not, so the fact that it won't means there is something amiss in the physics programming somewhere.... unless of course these new-fangled electronics have something to do with this? That wouldn't surprise me. Lol!  ;D
But it's almost as if the rear brake is literally braking directly on the engine and not the rear wheel... Very strange feeling. :-\

BOBR6 84

I dont know but it just seems right that it wont let you downshift lol. In some ways using the rear brake while downshifting stops the clutch and engine braking doing its job. Its the driven wheel.

Probably completely wrong but i get the idea that if all the weight is off the rear wheel and on the front.. that moment you pull the clutch lever to downshift, if your rear braking the rear wheel will slow down too fast.. and likely spit the gear back at you lol

Hawk

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on April 27, 2018, 07:45:49 AM
I dont know but it just seems right that it wont let you downshift lol. In some ways using the rear brake while downshifting stops the clutch and engine braking doing its job. Its the driven wheel.

Probably completely wrong but i get the idea that if all the weight is off the rear wheel and on the front.. that moment you pull the clutch lever to downshift, if your rear braking the rear wheel will slow down too fast.. and likely spit the gear back at you lol

Personally I think the issue lies in the physics simulation between the rear wheel/gearbox/clutch and slipper clutch? If either one of those are not working properly during the braking/engine-braking phases I'd expect the issues we currently see regarding this...... I remember Piboso stating that there are issues with the gearbox physics that need sorting but can't remember if those issues have been addressed as yet? Would be good if Piboso could throw some light on this subject to put us all straight on what's actually happening with this issue.  :)

Wimp #97

Quote from: Hawk on April 27, 2018, 02:53:52 PM
Quote from: BOBR6 84 on April 27, 2018, 07:45:49 AM

Personally I think the issue lies in the physics simulation between the rear wheel/gearbox/clutch and slipper clutch? If either one of those are not working properly during the braking/engine-braking phases I'd expect the issues we currently see regarding this...... I remember Piboso stating that there are issues with the gearbox physics that need sorting but can't remember if those issues have been addressed as yet? Would be good if Piboso could throw some light on this subject to put us all straight on what's actually happening with this issue.  :)

I feel like the R6 cup bike has very very good rear wheel physics, both in braking and acceleration.
Wimp #97

Champion Moto2 International Cup 2018