• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:56:06 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

[ROUND 3] Bugatti

Started by Gzehoo, March 05, 2018, 02:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KG_03

Dont worry Im frustrated too :-(
When the bikes crash they are flying all over and for some moments they are invisible showing up a moment later...
I have started a race it was quite nice and I was hit... and then in the middle of the race I had no grip left. Despite I had front hard tire it didn't last for longer than 10 laps...it was gone...

Pleas guys keep in mind that some players are in onboard camera (like me) and when you start to overtake until I see your front tire I dont know you are overtaking.

Vini

watched the race in jorge's stream. bit chaotic but still nice to see people properly racing!  8)

@KG: i've often had issues with hard tyres overheating and wearing down extremely quick. even for the motogp bikes the soft front (plus medium rear) will easily last a full race.
i highly suggest using the radar from maxhud plugin, set it to narrow flying markers without background and tweak the distance and fov.

Napalm Nick

Quote from: tchemi on March 11, 2018, 08:42:32 PM
WTF !!!!!

Seriously I'm angry !!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
I made a very clean start but everybody crashed. So ok, restart.... Mwell
Then, on the pre-start for the second start, I could not join the track !!!!! The button was grey ! WTF ??

So I spent hours and a major part of my sunday evening for... nothing ??  ???

F*ck, I'm sure I could have made good result and most of all, have pleasure. I'm frustrated, really. I want to break something but everything around me is expensive, so I will lie on the ground and cry loudly for a hour  :'( :'(

Oh man my poor team-mate that is a disaster mate.  :( I wondered why u had to leave  :'( :'(

For my say I would suggest no restarts it just messes others up. Restarting for one player is kind but a disaster for most others. To only have 1 person jump is a GPB miracle in the first place.  :P

Also I would like to say - don't be a complete cheating cockhead - leaving the pits the wrong way to get a short qualify lap when there is not much time left and you want fresh tyre for a hotlap - you are cheating effhead and should be banned from further races. You know who you are. And I have a replay saved of it if you like to dispute it.  ;D If it don't happen in bike racing don't do it! simples.

Anyway quite a fun race for me, learnt fast with 15 minutes practice to go (thanks Tchemi for the tips) and in top ten most of race. Sorry to finpower for a slide into him early laps (man you were slow into that corner mate  :-[)

Whoever works the timing out for the results please note the amount of laps done is bollox and hence also the finishing positions. the times are a better judge of placing. Probably caused by penalised cuts missing a lap out

Anyway Im not admin so I shutup.

Thanks everyone.  8)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Olaf Lehmann

March 11, 2018, 09:55:29 PM #18 Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 09:58:05 PM by Olaf Lehmann
Result race 20CET:
http://race.eolc.de/Olaf_Lehmann/R03bugatti20CET.html

The result from 15CET race is top secret?  ;D

At this track I was confused that everyone has apparently an other opinion what is track and what is not track.
I have getting a corner cutting penalty, because I lost totally my concentration after 20min. For two/three laps it was impossible for me to stay on track.
I don't think I get an advantage for me. I get a penalty (I don't know that GPB it does) and lost the 11th place. But selfmade it's fair so.
After that my concentration comes back for the last laps, but the tires (front=hard, rear=medium) works very bad at the end of the race.

QuoteFor my say I would suggest no restarts it just messes others up. Restarting for one player is kind but a disaster for most others. To only have 1 person jump is a GPB miracle in the first place. 
+1

Wimp #97

Results race at 15.00, I came in right when warmup ended and started from last. Seems like many people quit during the race...
Unlucky Klippie got taken out by someone while he was being carefull into the first corner.
Wimp #97

Champion Moto2 International Cup 2018

Alex Nogueira

March 12, 2018, 12:29:33 AM #20 Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 12:32:52 AM by Alex Nogueira
So folks, this is my first championship, I confess I jumped several times, a baffle is not achieved. And my joystick is not the best.can see my times that did not favor me. Still, there are no criticisms, I hope you understand and the next I will do the best.
On the other hand, I did not crash in any accident that I remember, I do not see the reason to criticize me.

Tanks
Google Traslate..

Olaf Lehmann

Napalm Nick

This is really great to see Olaf. Well done.

Shame the data from this race to make these tables is flawed though.
Track makers need to try and make sure that missed laps are not made due to overshoot/cuts etc. It's been a problem for a while. Some tracks worse than others.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Olaf Lehmann

QuoteSo folks, this is my first championship, I confess I jumped several times, a baffle is not achieved. And my joystick is not the best.can see my times that did not favor me. Still, there are no criticisms, I hope you understand and the next I will do the best.
On the other hand, I did not crash in any accident that I remember, I do not see the reason to criticize me.
I have seen in the replay at Dunlop Chicane you constantly use the run-off area to your advantage. In real racing. If you don't lift the throttle after that you get an penalty.
Otherwise racing makes no sense.

A corner cutting problem has many four-wheel simulations too. In some sims like grand prix legends drivers will be completely disqualified from the race if they drive outside of checkpoints - in case they are slower because of mistakes. It it's bad.
The GPB penalty system is principially good. But it seems at Bugatti are too less checkpoints? And the questions is: Inflict GPB for every cutting a penalty or only at once in a race. I wished for every cutting.

BR Olaf

Napalm Nick

If you get a penalty 3 times in GPB you get a disqual. Which is nice to know.  :o :)

Many tracks the checkpoints just need extending to cover all driveable areas on or off track so no laps are missed.

We are using tracks we haven't used much before, in this championship. I am sure there are timing errors and fennaningans yet to be discovered too.  ::)

But I'm always here for any fun to be gained rather than worrying about position (good job cos Im a slowcoach) but its still nice to have it right.

Adalgood

Hello everyone. I rarely speak in this forum but today I feel like it. And I will talk about my experience.

- Philips Island: + Thecrivi throws me to the ground when I was climbing positions.
                          + In the qualifying session there are pilots going in the opposite direction to obtain better performance of the tires.

- Johor: + In the first round Manu (this person repeats this phrase in the chat two and three times, "NO HEROES IN FIRST CORNER") he throws me to the ground leaning on me to take the curve when he wants to overtake me.

- Le Mans: +22 pilots on the grid. In the first exit four pilots skip the exit. I start on the pole and in the second lap I kept the first position and Manu proposes the restart of the race for the first time. The result of the vote is negative.
                  + As Manu does not like the result of the vote, he proposes again a vote that is favorable to his teammates. The race restarts and my difference of 10 seconds spoils me with the second position.
                  + Jorge Sprinter "Strike". In the second exit I make a good start again and the youtuber lord Jorge Sprinter in the first corner of the first round hits Ludo from behind and Ludo's bike hits me and I go to the ground.
                  + In the qualifying session there are pilots going in the opposite direction to obtain better performance of the tires.

When has a race been restarted before? When?? For this I train during the week? No. I'm going to abandon this championship.

-I refuse to train a week working on setup to get ahead as if I were a wall in the middle of the curve so that they lean on me. And above you disrespect because they are not even able to wait for the pilot who have thrown to the ground and move forward as if nothing had happened.
-I refuse to train a week working on setup to restart the fence when someone is interested or teammates. If you skip the exit you fuck and you meet the penalty. And I do not care if you call yourself Manu, Piboso or whatever.
-I refuse to train for a week working on setup to see how other riders laugh at one coming out of the pits to get better rubber performance.
-I refuse to train for a week working on setup to see how other riders cut into the corners, reaching better times in some sectors.

Good luck to everyone with the championship.

PS: GPBikes is a simulator and requires greater involvement that requires more concentration, responsibility and training time. If you do not want to get involved please turn off your PC and turn on your console.

Phathry25

Quote from: Adalgood on March 13, 2018, 10:39:26 PM
Hello everyone. I rarely speak in this forum but today I feel like it. And I will talk about my experience.

- Philips Island: + Thecrivi throws me to the ground when I was climbing positions.

- Johor: + In the first round Manu (this person repeats this phrase in the chat two and three times, "NO HEROES IN FIRST CORNER") he throws me to the ground leaning on me to take the curve when he wants to overtake me.

- Le Mans: +22 pilots on the grid. In the first exit four pilots skip the exit. I start on the pole and in the second lap I kept the first position and Manu proposes the restart of the race for the first time. The result of the vote is negative.
                  + As Manu does not like the result of the vote, he proposes again a vote that is favorable to his teammates. The race restarts and my difference of 10 seconds spoils me with the second position.
                  + Jorge Sprinter "Strike". In the second exit I make a good start again and the youtuber lord Jorge Sprinter in the first corner of the first round hits Ludo from behind and Ludo's bike hits me and I go to the ground.

When has a race been restarted before? When?? For this I train during the week? No. I'm going to abandon this championship.

-I refuse to train a week working on setup to get ahead as if I were a wall in the middle of the curve so that they lean on me. And above you disrespect because they are not even able to wait for the pilot who have thrown to the ground and move forward as if nothing had happened.
-I refuse to train a week working on setup to restart the fence when someone is interested or teammates. If you skip the exit you fuck and you meet the penalty. And I do not care if you call yourself Manu, Piboso or whatever.
-I refuse to train for a week working on setup to see how other riders laugh at one coming out of the pits to get better rubber performance.
-I refuse to train for a week working on setup to see how other riders cut into the corners, reaching better times in some sectors.

PS: GPBikes is a simulator and requires greater involvement that requires more concentration, responsibility and training time. If you do not want to get involved please turn off your PC and turn on your console.

In regards to the restart.  What is more unfair?...  That you're good start was taken away after all the preparations you made.  OR that multiple riders, who made the same preparations, were hit with an invalid jump start from their bikes rolling on the grid outside of their control and got no shot at the race at all?  It's no contest.

I'm sorry that you've been taken out multiple times, I hope you find enjoyment in something other than purely results and will continue in the championship.

Manu

Unfortunate comment. It is very easy to accuse someone without proof. Unfortunately I do not have the repetitions to knock down your accusations.

I challenge you to prove what you said about me. I know you will not do it because you lie.

My conscience is clear.
It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.

teeds

It happens to us all Adalgood, crashes will happen even with the IRL pros, just get back up and race as best you can. I had some good fun and results coming back through the pack after a terrible start involving crashes caused by myself and others.

About the restart, here's the rules regarding it -

Quote from: Gzehoo on January 21, 2018, 02:56:14 PM

Moto2 Championship is going to use Moto2 2017 v1.4b bikeset by Manu and some real-life circuits.

[RULES]

-MAX 1 RESTART

From - http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=5620.0 To cover exactly what happened: riders not even getting to start the race due to a bug.

Wimp #97

-People crash it happens, in gpbikes with only 1 or 2 crashes in a race you can easily win the race.
-People going backwards out of pitlane will be penalised or ejected if it is seen. please save replays and report them if you see people doing it... we can't see everything.
-Crashes at starts happen, keep in mind there is also the occasional connection lag. Some people ride close and are able to do so. I for example can ride fairly close with Teeds and Manu because they ride very predictable and connection seems to be good. Ofcourse maybe in the offcial races you don't want to make it too close.

-Le mans had a bug. because of it, it got restarted. You got such a good lead because many people had the bug and a lot of people didn't keep going after the start because they knew it would restart.
- The restart crash was not Jorge's fault. I watched his stream and he had the correct line, Ludo just didn't want to give up the position and leave room. Ludo tried to go inbetween you and Jorge, nothing Jorge couldve done. Besides that Ludo isn't in the championship and shouldn't be participating in these races even though I like riding with Ludo.

You know that you can also make sure you don't crash when people hit you. You do that by being cautious and expecting stupid people up the inside. Yes it is slower, but it makes sure you don't crash.

Stop blaming other people for your losses, yes you wouldve done better if that didn't happen, but everyone has something like that in a race... . If your only crash at le mans was in the first corner with Ludo and Jorge, then you would have easily won the race. Same for Johor. You should watch teeds at philip island and Le mans. He was so far back after the first 1-2 laps yet he still managed very good results.
Wimp #97

Champion Moto2 International Cup 2018