• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:36:49 PM

[ROUND 3] Bugatti

Started by Gzehoo, March 05, 2018, 02:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adalgood

Ok I recognize that the restart I was wrong as it is in the rules. Although I am not in agreement with that norm.

But call me my liar? ask for proof? ajjajajaj Manu I can say that you are a very bad driver when you advance position and I am not insulting you. You insult me ​​and disrespect me by calling me a liar? Your? I'm a liar when I said that you proposed voting in the race? You are recorded in the Youtube video of Jorge Sprinter. You are heard talking and saying ... who is staying as a liar? Not even now I have any problem or anger with you or anyone in this community because this is a hobby and you are not important in my life. I have no reason and I am not a small child to be inventing things for a hobby. But what I do not allow you is that you call me a liar. Now answer what you want but here my conversation ended with you because I can see the style you are coming with and I do not like talking to people like that.

I apologize again for the restart. In the previous championships the races have never been restarted and I thought it would be the same. Until today, whenever I was thrown in the race, I got annoyed and never proposed a vote.

Since I bought the license I have always trained on the server with the fastest of this game; Davide, Jose Reina, Loppa and Tuki. We have done many races together and always respecting the spaces. I'm not the fastest but if I know that what gives me better is braking and overtaking without throwing anyone on the ground. I have no reputation for braking and taking the drivers to the ground and I have not skipped any exit from any official race. I train fast lap. I train race pace. I train overtaking. I train the exits etc etc. In GPBikes you have to train many things and learn many things to be competitive.

I really do not have any grudge against anyone of you. I leave the championship because I do not have fun because of all this. I've been competing in SimRacing for many years in many leagues and I had never ended up so unmotivated on Sundays after the race.

My way of having fun is by training and doing setups and trying not to disturb anyone and I take it more seriously. Other people have fun competing differently and I respect it. Please respect mine.

Sorry for the text. I only vent to myself because I am in love with this simulator and express my frustration.

Luck!

Manu

You can say what you want. I don't care what you think of me.

If I win the position you can not pretend to continue as if there were no one. If you don't know how to act when they advance you, it's not my problem.

You are upset because you have made mistakes and you prefer to blame others.

It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.

Wimp #97

I agree Adal, i'm also the kind of person that takes this serious. But i'm sure Manu does aswell. If there was a mistake from either end, i'm sure it was just a mistake and mistakes do happen.
Its demotivating to be taken out but the good thing about the difficulty in gpbikes is that everyone crashes at least once in a race, so never give up and keep turning those laps.

I suggest we leave it at that and don't start any further drama :D that is what breaks small communitys like this!

Please consider showing up again or maybe just some "wildcards" as you are one of the faster riders on the track and the more serious people we have, the better!
Wimp #97

Champion Moto2 International Cup 2018

Grooveski

Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 14, 2018, 05:24:42 PM
If you select a gear between lights going out and back on it can dsq you.

This one might be fixed.   :-\

Don't take my word for it(and don't leave it to a proper race to test ;) ) but I've deliberately changed from neutral to first twice in B13 after the lights have started counting down and got away with it both times.

Last week in a practice race I sat on the Le Man grid wiggling the rider and bike around, let it roll back a bit then waited until the countdown lights before selecting a gear.  No problems.
The other guy in the room went to grid and was instantly black flagged - so it also looks like there might still be a 'last rider to grid not getting away with anything' issue.

Napalm Nick

But it was between the lights going off and coming back on before the sequence starts.
But let's hope so.

Last rider to grid getting bounced sounds ominous. Nothing reported in champ yet. Touch wood.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Thecrivi28

Olaf Lehmann

March 15, 2018, 01:30:17 PM #51 Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 01:34:04 PM by Olaf Lehmann
QuoteIf Piboso would give the server admins a hardcore "Crash and your out" setting for events then riders will soon realise they have to ride a lot more responsibly and carefully or suffer the consequences exactly the same as riders have to in reality.
This would lead to better riders/riding and therefore less frustrating situations that "Adalgood" is understandably pointing out. It can be VERY frustrating for those that put in SO much hard work and practice before an event.

It would be a hard pill to swallow for some, especially the riders who are SO used to riding in games like Milestones MotoGP were you can get away with murder! Lol! But they would soon learn. 

If you want it then ask Piboso for it.... I've tried many times in the past only for it to apparently fall on deaf-ears each time.   

If you want real simulation then lets have it!   
In the simulation I raced for some years are two modes:
1. mode INT: instant repairing without conseuqences.
2. mode PRO with no ShiftR, end of the races in case of major damages like engine failure, loosing wheels, etc.

Only in my first halv year I was happy about the mode INT, because I had no chance to finish a race in mode PRO.
After that I was only interested at PRO races.
But much races don't bring much fun, because after five laps I missed a few drivers, after 20 min often the halv of the drivers are eliminated and in some cases only three drivers see the quecked flag.

My opinion: The best way is between both. The instant repairing in GPB isn't worthy for a simulation. And it is another reason (additional to the restart possibility) for the chaotic kind of driving of many divers (me too).
But I think the "Hawk mode" is inappropriate for GPB. GPB is too hard to drive and there are too many problems in synergie between GPB and mods.

My alternative ideas:
1. The big crash like in SKB2000/2001: After a crash the driver stand up, runs to the bike with lets say 2 metres/second, picks up the bike. Not before then he can drive on.
2. In case of harder crashes the bike get a problem that the bike makes slower (lets say between 0.5 and 1 sec per lap), In case of the next hard crash another 0.5-1 second.

So the riders would be more respectful and the results are more interesting because they are not only determinated by speed, but also by driving style, race intelligence, ...and all can finish the race.

That's my wishes to PiBoSo.

Selfmade there will still be collissions, it's a normal thing. But I think much lesser. And so all in all the fun factor should be increasing a lot.

At the end I would say (because I'm often criticize things): Don't missunderstand me. I will not retireing from the championship.  :)

BR Olaf

Hawk

Quote from: Olaf Lehmann on March 15, 2018, 01:30:17 PM

In the simulation I raced for some years are two modes:
1. mode INT: instant repairing without conseuqences.
2. mode PRO with no ShiftR, end of the races in case of major damages like engine failure, loosing wheels, etc.

Only in my first halv year I was happy about the mode INT, because I had no chance to finish a race in mode PRO.
After that I was only interested at PRO races.
But much races don't bring much fun, because after five laps I missed a few drivers, after 20 min often the halv of the drivers are eliminated and in some cases only three drivers see the quecked flag.

My opinion: The best way is between both. The instant repairing in GPB isn't worthy for a simulation. And it is another reason (additional to the restart possibility) for the chaotic kind of driving of many divers (me too).
But I think the "Hawk mode" is inappropriate for GPB. GPB is too hard to drive and there are too many problems in synergie between GPB and mods.

My alternative ideas:
1. The big crash like in SKB2000/2001: After a crash the driver stand up, runs to the bike with lets say 2 metres/second, picks up the bike. Not before then he can drive on.
2. In case of harder crashes the bike get a problem that the bike makes slower (lets say between 0.5 and 1 sec per lap), In case of the next hard crash another 0.5-1 second.

So the riders would be more respectful and the results are more interesting because they are not only determinated by speed, but also by driving style, race intelligence, ...and all can finish the race.

That's my wishes to PiBoSo.

Selfmade there will still be collissions, it's a normal thing. But I think much lesser. And so all in all the fun factor should be increasing a lot.

At the end I would say (because I'm often criticize things): Don't missunderstand me. I will not retireing from the championship.  :)

BR Olaf

The whole point of a "Hawk MODE" as you call it(Lol!  ;D) would be to train riders to race at a sensible pace and be respectful to other riders who may not be as fast as they are, and to stop riders often acting like Kamkazi pilots bashing into other riders and causing crashes during their over-taking manoeuvres. If riders knew that one crash and they'd be out of the race then after a few races it would suddenly dawn on them that by taking it steadier and riding within their limits then they'd not only finish the race but would stand a chance of winning the race too. No rider in the real world rides like riders do in GPBikes or they'd be dead or soon would be. Lol! ;D

As for this point: If you had a simulation of bikes being damaged after crashes so that they'd be rideable but were slower then all you'd get would be riders quitting the race because they knew they stood no chance of catching the leaders anymore because their bikes were damaged and a lot slower and probably worse handling too and therefore causing further crashes.  :)

And collisions are not a normal thing for a simulation.... With all respect that's just gamer talk were gamers accept bashing into each other and getting away with it(games like Milestones MotoGP for instance), but it shouldn't be accepted in a "Simulation" like GPbikes, it should be frowned upon. Having said that, there will always be the odd situation which cannot be avoided just the same as in reality when two bikes collide, but this situation should be a rarity not a common accepted situation. :)

Sometimes you have to give some tough love to get "gamer-riders" to convert their current poor race-craft into true race-craft.  ;D 8)

Just my personal opinions on your reasonings and responses to my post you quoted above.  ;) 8)

Manu

I would bet for an iRacing penalty system. That is, if the rider hits another rider, they receive a time penalty. Depending on the speed or magnitude of the impact, the penalty will be higher. It would also be cumulative and at the sum of "x" impacts the rider is disqualified from the race.
It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.

Rodrigovis

simple method ... I think it's easy to apply even if it's after the race ...efficient

Phathry25

That's not the iRacing system at all.  :o

Manu

Quote from: Phathry25 on March 15, 2018, 09:23:06 PM
That's not the iRacing system at all.  :o

The iracing penalty system works through contact sanctions.

Gzehoo

Results and replays uploaded in the first post.

Napalm Nick

Even though I have said twice in this thread that those results are wrong due to the track missing laps no one else seems bothered so maybe it just affects me. I should be only 1 lap down and my race time should be used to work out the subsequent position.

We will see this again no doubt  ::) bloody game.

Cheers Gz.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Olaf Lehmann

It seems GPB forgot to count your lap 19, Napalm Nick. It seems a bug of GPB.

But your are not alone with your critic on the ranking system. It's a bug in it, independent of eventual GPB bugs.

For Bugatti I couldn't make my grids comparision, because I hadn't the race export from 15CET race (the shortcut doesn't work for my GPB2in1 tool). And maybe it's unwelcome from the race organisators?

I can't take the existing ranking for seriously (the reasons I had explained in an other thread). So the championchip is sadly only a number of single races for me.

BR Olaf