• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

FIM MotoGP/Moto2/Moto3 2018

Started by speedfr, March 16, 2018, 08:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

speedfr

Quote from: HornetMaX on September 12, 2018, 06:57:46 PM
Quote from: speedfr on September 12, 2018, 05:06:56 PM
i think he was ironic. Hopefully  ;D
Wait ... you mean every time he makes his tirade on 2-strokes he's ironic too ? :)

Sorry to be incompetent on this particular subject. So i won't say a thing. (but 2-Stroke forever could be my signature...)
Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

Hawk

Seems true about not being able to say anything these days without someone taking offence. Lol  ;D ;D

Oh c'mon guys.... Lighten-up! Anyone who's been on this forum for any decent length of time knows what I'm talking about..... If we can't have a laugh about it from time to time.... Jeeez!!

And just for the record - No I don't think all Italians are hot-headed and sincerely apologise to all Italians for being hot headed about this! Lol!  ;D ;D

And Max, you know full well I love 2 strokes, no irony there for sure, but do put that well worn wooden-spoon away before you get dizzy mate. :P ;D

davidboda46

As to the double standards in the world of motorcycle racing, Niccolo Canepa did the same thing (allegedly, you can read his version by following the link below) at a Mugello trackday (yes I now it's not racing but he is a professional rider) and he is still racing in the FIM Endurance championship. As for the internet, Fenati has received death threats, confirming my ongoing theory that 90% of the earth's population are fucking idiots (I do modulate the number up and down depending on news from around the world and my daily interactions with people).

https://youtu.be/9h3LvcY2CJs

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/canepa-offers-explanation-of-video-apparently-showing-him-causing-another-rider-to-crash-during-a-track-day-at-mugello/

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Blackheart

Hawk

Quote from: davidboda46 on September 13, 2018, 12:07:45 PM
As to the double standards in the world of motorcycle racing, Niccolo Canepa did the same thing (allegedly, you can read his version by following the link below) at a Mugello trackday (yes I now it's not racing but he is a professional rider) and he is still racing in the FIM Endurance championship. As for the internet, Fenati has received death threats, confirming my ongoing theory that 90% of the earth's population are fucking idiots (I do modulate the number up and down depending on news from around the world and my daily interactions with people).

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/canepa-offers-explanation-of-video-apparently-showing-him-causing-another-rider-to-crash-during-a-track-day-at-mugello/

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46

+1 Totally agree with you mate....... It must be something in the water these days? Either that or those damn Mobile-Phones are really frying peoples brains with all that micro-wave radiation? There does seem to be a correlation with how long these mobile phones have been around to when people started doing crazy things and adopt strange attitudes? :-\

davidboda46

September 13, 2018, 02:20:35 PM #335 Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 02:30:39 PM by davidboda46
Quote from: Hawk on September 13, 2018, 01:42:14 PM

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46

+1 Totally agree with you mate....... It must be something in the water these days? Either that or those damn Mobile-Phones are really frying peoples brains with all that micro-wave radiation? There does seem to be a correlation with how long these mobile phones have been around to when people started doing crazy things and adopt strange attitudes? :-\

If you ask me, and I'm old enough too have lived in an public internet free world, people always been this way. The difference is that it was harder for them to spread their batshitcrazy ideas. People sent crazy opinions to newspapers for example but there was an editor at the paper who just threw it in the bin. Today, it's posible to skip the editor (Twitter, Facebook, and so on that are not good at moderating user content) and use the world as the bin...
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

davidboda46

Quote from: Blackheart on September 13, 2018, 12:50:57 PM
Quote from: davidboda46 on September 13, 2018, 12:07:45 PMFenati has received death threats

Sabrina Fenati  :-\ not very reliable.

They have been confirmed by others, for example motorcycle journalist David Emmett. Romano has since removed his Twitter and FB accounts so unfortunately I can't show you the threats anymore.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46

HornetMaX

On the Fenati story I find :

• The action borderline criminal and inexcusable
  • The Dorna "non-punishment" plain silly
  • The team(s) decision to fire him and italian federation decision to invalidate his license just logical

But I also find Fenati's words and decision after the fact more than acceptable: he made a giant mistake, got punished (not by Dorna), accepted the consequences and retired to go back to studies (it seems). Not sure we can expect anything more from him. I've seen much worse aftermaths ...

Death threats on the web: i would be surprised if he hadn't received any. I mean, you can get them just for stating you like more blue than yellow or green so ...

Blackheart

Quote from: davidboda46 on September 13, 2018, 02:29:16 PM
Quote from: davidboda46 on September 13, 2018, 12:07:45 PMFenati has received death threats

They have been confirmed by others, for example motorcycle journalist David Emmett. Romano has since removed his Twitter and FB accounts so unfortunately I can't show you the threats anymore.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46

Twitter account is online Fenny5 (i havent fb so dunno about this one)

davidboda46

Quote from: Blackheart on September 13, 2018, 03:04:45 PM
Quote from: davidboda46 on September 13, 2018, 02:29:16 PM

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46

Twitter account is online Fenny5 (i havent fb so dunno about this one)

Yeah, you're right about the twitter one, don't know if he had a private one as well. Read through the comments on his last post, a lot of it was not pleasant but no death threats as far as I could see, but I also don't speak Italian. Some do say he committed attempted murder, to me that's taking it too far.

Cheers,

/David 

Blackheart

Quote from: davidboda46 on September 13, 2018, 05:37:15 PM
Yeah, you're right about the twitter one, don't know if he had a private one as well. Read through the comments on his last post, a lot of it was not pleasant but no death threats as far as I could see, but I also don't speak Italian. Some do say he committed attempted murder, to me that's taking it too far.

Cheers,

/David

Italian and english comments say the same things.

Cal Crutchlow words: (I agree)

"He should never compete on a motorcycle again"

Warlock

... confirming my ongoing theory that 90% of the earth's population are fucking idiots (I do modulate the number up and down depending on news from around the world and my daily interactions with people).

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46

OMG ! , im not alone !, thx for this, David   ;D

HornetMaX

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on September 16, 2018, 04:26:17 PM
Mr Freddie on the (non)shake: https://youtu.be/ShNz_Q2eBvg?t=342

Bad advocate if your trying to justify Rossi is in the wrong for not shaking MM's hand: Freddie has always been too kind for his own good at times..... He's a Mormon, he's a deeply religious bury-the-hatchet forgive and forget kind of guy.... What else would you expect from such a guy? If someone stabbed him in the back he'd shake their hands the next day if the offer was made.

People need to just accept that MM is a complete knob-head with a smile(in my opinion), and Rossi is justified in not falling for MM's or the media's devious tricks to create drama and headlines. There is nothing to shake hands for, and they are not friends so why should they.... As Rossi said, there's no reason to do it, and MM is a fool for letting the media dictate his actions in order to create drama and headlines, he should know better by now what the media are like.

Stout Johnson

September 17, 2018, 08:17:59 AM #344 Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 10:49:38 AM by Stout Johnson
Quote from: HornetMaX on September 16, 2018, 04:26:17 PM
Mr Freddie on the (non)shake: https://youtu.be/ShNz_Q2eBvg?t=342
Ok, there is one opinion. Is Freddie Spencer the undisputed expert on handshaking or refusing handshakes, that his opinion should enlighten anyone?
Spencer pretty much wants the riders to care about the sport as a whole. Well, Marquez' on-track behaviour in Argentina certainly was not for the good of the sport, because it was reckless, dangerous and unsportsmanlike. And that is why the relationship between Rossi and Marquez did reach a new low after Argentina, because for Rossi a red line was crossed by MM. Rossi opted to not accept MM's apology in Argentina. Rossi also said that he did not understand why MM did not come to apologize privately without cameras around. In my personal opinion, both sentiments from Rossi are comprehensible. But I also accept that others might think that Rossi should have accepted the apology. I do not think there is general "correct" thing to do or only one "correct" way to act in this matter. For Rossi, MM apology did not come across as sincere. For me that is comprehensible.

And now 6 month after this matter without any further incident and without MM trying to talk privately with Rossi, some stupid reporter asks those silly questions, I think it is ok for Rossi to say "no there is no need, nothing has changed between the two of us, why shake hands?". If MM wants to shake hands, then first apologize privately (which he did not care to do) and act accordingly (which he did in the last 6 month'). Stop playing in front of the media.

We could talk about this matter back and forth, I think at the end of the day whether one thinks that Rossi is in the wrong on refusing the handshake depends on whether one likes Rossi or not. Rossi-critics will not understand, Marquez-critics will be on Rossi's side and for all those in between (like me) it is a question whether one can understand that one cannot act like a maniac on track and then run in with the media behind, utter a quick apology and expect everyone else to have to accept this 'apology' as being sincere. If Rossi for himself does not feel like that, it is fine for me. MM definitely did not really show that HE cared. If so, he could have spoken to Rossi privately and maybe solved this issue that way.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------