• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:17:15 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

FIM MotoGP/Moto2/Moto3 2018

Started by speedfr, March 16, 2018, 08:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meyer#12

An amazing race if not Marc had been there to ruin it!

Amazing race at the front and a brilliant win for Cal, a little gutted for Miller though, he deserved a podium!

But where to start with Marc, totally out of line today! Those incidents was EASILY avoided! no excuse for him to do it 1 time and especially not 3-4 times!
He is out of line and it is not first time, this weekend already at friday he almost ran straight into Vinales making same hazardous braking.

If you are that much faster you know you can easily wait till next corner, which in this case was dry and much safer overtake. And at this level of racing, you do know that this was never going to work braking on the wet parts and trying to overtake someone on the DRY racing line that might not even know you will come flying up the inside.

I don't think Rossi was expecting him to be there at that point, he was coming from way far back and had caught Rossi very fast.

Not a Marc fan at all and have always thought he is a dangerours rider!

Ps. i do agree that Rossi's words after the race was a bit too much, but i don't think he is totally out of line saying Marc is dangerous. He just have no respect for others and for safety when it comes to passes.
Meyer#12

Hawk

+1 Meyer....

Totally agree with everything you said there mate.  ;)

Personally I've always thought Marc was the sort of rider that Kenny Roberts always used to talk about when riding close to other riders in the pack: He used to talk about riders who you can trust and enjoy riding close with because you know they know what they are doing, but then there are riders you just don't want in the pack because they ride like idiots..... Marc is one of those idiots, and to be honest he's lucky he's racing in an era were the electronically controlled bikes these days saves a lot of riders from there own stupidity! If Marc would've been riding in Kenny Roberts era he'd be lucky to still be alive in my opinion, he's just a nutcase and a lucky one at that!! :P

matty0l215

Zarco and Petruci is a bit different as they were at the same pace as the other riders.

No, they shouldnt have gotten away withoht a penelty. But no worse than Marc had (a 1 place drop)

Pesdrosa crash was unfortunate as it could be argued that "he highsided" the bike not Zarco. Zarco shouldnt have run him offline, which then the incidnet wouldnt have occoured so im not sure on that one.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

guigui404

The problem is , Marquez is 1 second faster than everybody on this race and I totally agree what he just said in conference ? they let him start and then drive through ? It was surely the most dangerous decision knowing marquez was way way way faster that all the field , particulary when the track is a bit wet !

So Marquez need something for the next race like start last
For Rossi and his clan wao .. amazing , what can we say ? They guy that push a lot of rider , even recently in 2015 totally push Marquez , now trying to say us he's affraid of him ? don't think he's the rider to say it , the door was really open , and it was a slow corner , I really see 0 problem here , whereas espargaro could have said he was affraid .

I'm joining KG Rossi is the most toxic rider ever seen , we want wonderful battles on track , we don't want people and all you're fan talk dirty to everyone (Marquez,Lorenzo)

Meyer#12

Quote from: guigui404 on April 09, 2018, 08:53:08 AM
The problem is , Marquez is 1 second faster than everybody on this race and I totally agree what he just said in conference ? they let him start and then drive through ? It was surely the most dangerous decision knowing marquez was way way way faster that all the field , particulary when the track is a bit wet !

So Marquez need something for the next race like start last
For Rossi and his clan wao .. amazing , what can we say ? They guy that push a lot of rider , even recently in 2015 totally push Marquez , now trying to say us he's affraid of him ? don't think he's the rider to say it , the door was really open , and it was a slow corner , I really see 0 problem here , whereas espargaro could have said he was affraid .

I'm joining KG Rossi is the most toxic rider ever seen , we want wonderful battles on track , we don't want people and all you're fan talk dirty to everyone (Marquez,Lorenzo)

This is not because i am a Rossi fan but because i am a racer myself. Rossi was on line, DRY LINE, and in that corner, that is the Line, Rossi is allowed to ride like he did, especially considering the conditions and when he had no idea Marc would come storming under braking from THAT FAR BACK, it was irresponsible of Marc trying like that when he knows the track is wet and greasy in there.

Also, Marc came from behind, he have the responsibility of making it a save pass and leaving room for Rossi which he clearly didn't, especially being that much faster it is even more his responsibility, Rossi shouldn't just let him pass because he is faster, it is still af "Fight" for positions.

I agree that Petrucci and maybe Zarco should have got a punishment, but here the situation is a lot different. For Zarco it was on one of the first laps, the conditions was still uncertain so that was a racing incident in my eyes, maybe drop a place but he didn't come from 50-100 meters behind like Marc, they was on same pace and none of them wanted to give in.

Just my 2cents. Not as a fan of anyone, but as a racer myself who have been in a situation almost like this.
Meyer#12

Blackheart

Agree with Rossi, MM is very dangerous, in any weekend he hit other riders, but the race direction is worse. No blackflag for the absurd start... Nonsense.

He is the faster guy,  but he does not wait to understand where overtaking is safe.

poumpouny

Racing is not only be able to ride fast, it is also being able to overtake, every body could race with qualy pace if you guy call that racing ! don't forget that marquez was not that fast on qually .........

uberslug

Rossi had to have known Marquez was going to dive bomb him in that corner for at least a lap. If he had chosen a wider, slower, line he wouldn't have ended up on the grass and it would have made no difference whatsoever in his overall placing. Instead, he let his massive ego dictate his actions and he ended up on the grass. Marquez should have known Rossi's ego would never admit he was that much slower so he shouldn't have forced the issue even if he was much faster through that turn.

As I see it Rossi bends the rules and situations to what 'he' thinks works best for him'. He left the door WIDE OPEN at Assen knowing full well Marquez was going to go for the win so he could 'be forced to go through the gravel' and take a much needed win. Suddenly now Marquez is 'dangerous' and bad for the sport. Someone ask Casey Stoner just how good Rossi is for the sport.

Meyer#12

Quote from: uberslug on April 09, 2018, 09:47:08 AM
Rossi had to have known Marquez was going to dive bomb him in that corner for at least a lap. If he had chosen a wider, slower, line he wouldn't have ended up on the grass and it would have made no difference whatsoever in his overall placing. Instead, he let his massive ego dictate his actions and he ended up on the grass. Marquez should have known Rossi's ego would never admit he was that much slower so he shouldn't have forced the issue even if he was much faster through that turn.

As I see it Rossi bends the rules and situations to what 'he' thinks works best for him'. He left the door WIDE OPEN at Assen knowing full well Marquez was going to go for the win so he could 'be forced to go through the gravel' and take a much needed win. Suddenly now Marquez is 'dangerous' and bad for the sport. Someone ask Casey Stoner just how good Rossi is for the sport.

As a racer you would never expect someone to dive bomb you like that! Ridicolous to think like that... He came from way far back and has the FULL responsibility of the pass, that is how racing goes, the one in front have the choice of line.

This have nothing to do with admitting pace, Rossi said that he wasn't having the pace at all and that Marc was way faster than him.

I agree Rossi is not always the most clean rider, but many others aren't either. But Marquez is dangerous at points, especially when he is in the mood he was yesterday.
Meyer#12

Blackheart

Leave open the door and change your line with wet track in a motogp race? Because a rider 2 seconds faster can't overtake without mistakes?

I think the motorcycle races are not for you...

matty0l215

No Marc was going insanly quicker and there was no need to barge up the inside of a rider like that no matter the skill level of that rider
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

uberslug

Really? Part of growing up is realizing when you are beaten [in this case quite badly] and making concessions in order to avoid an incident. Was Marquez in the wrong? Yes. Is Rossi better off for protecting an indefensible position when more rational men would have conceded in order to avoid potential conflict? I think not. Rossi knew exactly where Marquez was, how fast he was closing, and what would happen if he chose to 'ride by the rules'. Rossi isn't some clueless neophyte riding his first rodeo, he practically wrote the book on bad race antics.

There is a very good reason why I didn't pursue a long term professional cycling career. It mostly had to do with not being willing to behave badly in order to win. Head butting, wheel chopping, punching, and spitting were the nicer things I witnessed in the short time I was in a professional peloton. I decided if that is what it took to be a 'winner' then it was something I could live without [that and rampant PED usage]. I always preferred the more cerebral discipline of time trialing as the only true competitor I ever faced is myself.

In reality, MotoGP is just another thing we amuse ourselves with. If Marquez had 'done the right thing' and waited to pass Espargaro and Rossi, he STILL would have finished fifth AND he would have the point total to show for it. As it is, it was wonderfully entertaining and it has given all of the 'THAT'S NOT RIGHT' crowd something to whinge, complain, and pontificate about.

poumpouny

Uberslug > defending position is part of racing, and you have to be able to overtake if you think you're faster, no mater how fast you are you have to make it without risking to crash somebody, crash also is part of racing but 3 contact in qually + 2 in race, you're just too stupid and childish. I already can't stand such a people on online game racing, so i could not even imagine if i race with such a people in real life !

uberslug

The wheel in front has the right of way, understood. Marquez was riding as if he was possessed, understood. What I don't understand is why ALL of the blame is being assigned to Marquez when Rossi knew EXACTLY what he, himself, was doing and was probably 99.9 percent sure of what Marquez would do [which, if the roles had been reversed, he would have done, and has done, himself]. The collision was not nearly as hard as when The Maniac took himself and Dovi out in the same corner under much better conditions [a case could be made had the grass not been wet Rossi would merely have been forced off the track]. RossiNazis will ALWAYS believe Marquez was 100^10 percent in the wrong. Those of us who don't have any blinders on or emotional skin in the game see two riders at fault, albeit one who shoulders more blame than the other.

poumpouny

i'm not talking about person, but the way they race, so in my oppinion Zarco also worth a penalty ! anyway i love the fact suziki was the only factor bike to fight for the podium  ;D . The only thing i can't stand with last gp is what dorna done to miller, and how they invented new rules instantly, very sad miller didn't even get a podium !