• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:59:28 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

FIM MotoGP/Moto2/Moto3 2018

Started by speedfr, March 16, 2018, 08:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guigui404

But , something strange here , in 2015 , i've never seen anyone saying it was really dangerous to make someone crash on purpose  ::) , just sayin'

So as I said before , we all debating about the wrong overtake , the dangerous one was on espargaro , Marquez need a penalty for this

Warlock

I ask myself why does a flack flag even exists if they dont use it at all. What does a rider have to do to be penalized with a black flag?...ride with an AK74 under his arm?

Marc is an idiot who thinks he is allowed to do what ever he wants because he is fast.
Rossi another idiot who should have been penalized with a black flag in many occasions in other races .
Zarco should have been penalized for his attempt over Pedrosa.

We all know how Marc rides, how Rossi rides and how Zarco rides, there is no point in defending any of them.
Marc and Zarco were perfectly aware of how their overtaking attempts were going to finish, they knew they were too harsh in such track conditions. They have enough experience to know this.

This is what happens when race director doesn't make enough use of a black flag, riders think they are allowed to do whatever they want.

Congrats to Cal , he was a happy bunny  ;D

PiBoSo

Marquez should have been black-flagged after the crash with Rossi. He was a danger for the other riders.

Also, he should be banned from racing in the next event.
Lorenzo was disqualified for a race in 2005 for a similar clash:
"Spanish rider Jorge Lorenzo will sit out the next week´s Marlboro Malaysian Motorcycle Grand Prix in Sepang, after Race Direction decided he rode in an irresponsible manner during Sunday´s Japanese GP, causing danger to other riders."
Fits perfectly with Marquez behaviour during the race.

This would have the beneficial side-effect of making the championship a bit more interesting  :P
The 2018 Honda looks way superior to the other bikes and Marquez will easily win by a landslide.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

uberslug

Rational men and women will NEVER fully understand what it is that Marquez, Rossi, and Zarco do, it is beyond our comprehension [if anyone here who 'races' IRL thinks otherwise, you are fooling yourself]. Their decision making processes are, by modern societal norms, WAY out of bounds. They are, by definition, aberrant genetic mutations and should be viewed as such.

Yes, Black Flags should be used, extensively. It is unfortunate, however, that the abhorrent events of yesterday's race will draw in far more spectators than the competition that was going on for the podium positions. At this point in time it is all about the money...

HornetMaX

Quite a race !

Overall, I find the 30sec to MM OK, he messed up way too much while trying to get back upfront.
I have zero doubts on the fact it was not intentional, but still ... twice the same mistake, you deserve a penalty.
I'd have given a penalty to Zarco too.

I'm OK also with the ride-through for MM mess at start: miscommunication or not, it's up to him to know what to do when something like this happens.

Rossi: he was totally on the upper ground, until he (and Uccio  ::) ) started pumping air to his mouth.
He should probably stop giving interviews at all: he's ruining an incredible career, little by little.

Anyway, it sounds like last year season: Marquez way ahead of the bunch but making mistakes here and there so that battle is not over after 6 races. Good.
My money still on him (just like last year).

P.S.
Black flags happen, last one I remember was for ... MM !!
The year of his 1st title, in Australia for not stopping to swap bike as mandated (he stopped 1 lap too late).
And he was racing for the title (that he finally won).

poumpouny

I don't understand how marquez can be that fast ! even before the ride through he took 1 lap an 3 corner to pass miller who had 2 or 3 seconde ahead, even if i'm not a fan of marquez, i have to admin that nobody is able to challenge him right now, as Pib said, at least things like that make the championship more entertaining to watch  ;D

Hawk

All I can say is that there is no wonder we see idiot overtaking practices in online events when so called current real life "MotoGP World Champions" like Marc don't even know how to race properly and respectfully! What a role model he is.... NOT! :P

Bring back the old 2 stroke classic GP500 bikes, they will sort the men out from the boys for sure! Then we'll see who has the real riding skills! Hehe! ;D ;D :P

uberslug

Quote from: Hawk on April 09, 2018, 03:03:28 PM
All I can say is that there is no wonder we see idiot overtaking practices in online events when so called current real life "MotoGP World Champions" like Marc don't even know how to race properly and respectfully! What a role model he is.... NOT! :P

Bring back the old 2 stroke classic GP500 bikes, they will sort the men out from the boys for sure! Then we'll see who has the real riding skills! Hehe! ;D ;D :P

Marquez is just perfecting what Rossi started...

matty0l215

We say this as if it is the first time this is happening.

Okay the dominance of a single rider is newish to this era but each generation of new riders is faster than the last and that is just how the sport develops. What shouldnt be happening is letting riders get away with reckless and unessecerry actions.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

davidboda46

I can see that my round-up of the Argentina GP will have a lot of difference in opinions. Will take me a day or two to finish it though, it's starting to resemble a fuckin' novel. A lot to cover... the boys sure keeps me busy on this one...

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

HornetMaX

Quote from: matty0l215 on April 09, 2018, 03:31:23 PM

Okay the dominance of a single rider is newish to this era but each generation of new riders is faster than the last and that is just how the sport develops. What shouldnt be happening is letting riders get away with reckless and unessecerry actions.
Younger Rossi did many reckless things too. On top, he sometimes completed them with questionable comments (like the famous "Hey, it's racing"). People just tend to forget over time.

Also, it's funny to notice how fans of the 500cc era are throwing stones at MM: the various Gardner, Doohan, Schwantz etc were not exactly safety-oriented riders (and the number of fractures on the bodies is just a proof).

I don't blame Rossi for being reckless at the time, many true champions have followed the same pattern (a bit over the line when young, more cautious later on). In MotoGP just like in F1. Point is, now it's on others to be reckless. If Rossi is scared to race with Marc, to the point of fearing for himself, then it's time for him to retire. And the worst is, I don't even think he really thinks that. He just cannot miss a chance to be the victim of something ... I start to think there's a bit of Lorenzo in him :)

guigui404

"I start to think there's a bit of Lorenzo in him" Aha , I hope i missunderstood this one :s

HornetMaX

Quote from: guigui404 on April 09, 2018, 05:44:00 PM
"I start to think there's a bit of Lorenzo in him" Aha , I hope i missunderstood this one :s

The double interpretation was totally *not* accidental :)

HornetMaX

Just read a comment from Agostini on the facts: maybe right to penalize MM, but talking about a disqualification makes no sense.
And he's a guy that probably thinks about the 500-era riders as kids with to much electronic aids and safety rules :)

Waiting for Stoner's comment on the facts. Not sure it will improve his relationship with VR though :)

Stout Johnson

Quote from: matty0l215 on April 09, 2018, 03:31:23 PM

Totally agree. Marquez is riding irl like he was riding in a video game. As if crashing could not end fatal. Race commission needs to step in with harsh sanctions to enforce a certain behaviour / penalize unacceptable behaviour. This is not about Rossi, this is about safety and fair-play. Aleix Espargaro's race was also totally destroyed by MM. He does not seem to care.

And let's not forget he almost killed Wilairot in Moto2.  >:(

https://www.youtube.com/v/UVbK3cqTr7c
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------