• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:36:49 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Paul Ricard - Track Ratings Poll.

Started by Hawk, January 21, 2014, 09:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Please rate track "Paul Ricard" (1 to 10). 10 being highest rating

0 (0%)
1 (2.8%)
1 (2.8%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
4 (11.1%)
10 (27.8%)
9 (25%)
11 (30.6%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Voting closed: January 28, 2014, 09:18:05 PM

iVolution

Sounds like a plan Max, did use that once for my study and worked pretty well. With such a poll we are done at once, no need for a weekly poll then. Although Hawk's method works fine for me as well  :D

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on January 22, 2014, 09:04:30 PM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on January 22, 2014, 08:42:01 PM
Quote from: RBp on January 22, 2014, 06:21:44 PM
I voted low because you cant ride if you fall though the floor. shame that would be the best track in the game.

The way noviac  done his rating would work better than a poll, having all the tracks listed so people could just copy and paste and put there rating, be a lot faster or were waiting a year for results.

graphic      surface     race rdy            like/dislike
Albi                 6              8              7                     dis
paul                9               7             1                     like
Avus               6               8             7                    like
Dijon              8                6             8                    like

You mean for me to post a list of the server tracks and people just post their ratings for those tracks? But would people spend the time to type out a list of the tracks with their ratings and post(There is a lot of tracks)?
If this is what the community prefers then I'll do it that way, but I just would not think people would be bothered to type out a list themselves with the ratings rather than just use a poll?

But hey guys. Let me know if this is a better option for you, than a poll, and I'll do it. ;) ;D

If you want, I can setup a better poll using Google Docs (Forms).
Just an example created in 3min: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1rsMiS1hXLkUao7sm1f3EIM6SVspuhHPcBZlUWKqiI2Q/edit?usp=sharing

MaX.

Hi Max.

Yes indeed, that would be great if you could do that, but I think a rating from 1 to 10 would be better than 1 to 5 to give a broader option of choice for so many tracks to Poll

I will send you a PM with a list of tracks that are used for the online servers, in alphabetical order.

Thanks Max... Your a STAR!! ;) ;D

Arvoss

Why do we need a rating for each track? Is it that important? I don't really care about the rating... If there are players on a track I'll join them, even if the track 'sucks'. I think these polls are not really needed...

Hawk

Quote from: Arvoss on January 22, 2014, 10:24:22 PM
Why do we need a rating for each track? Is it that important? I don't really care about the rating... If there are players on a track I'll join them, even if the track 'sucks'. I think these polls are not really needed...

Track ratings are useful, not only to inform track modders that improvements are needed, but also to allow, especially new members of the community, to see which tracks are the best and which are not.

Now go take a happy pill and chill out. Hehe :P  ;D

Arvoss

Quote from: Hawk_UK on January 22, 2014, 10:30:19 PM

Track ratings are useful, not only to inform track modders that improvements are needed, but also to allow, especially new members of the community, to see which tracks are the best and which are not.

But it's difficult to vote objectively... :/
I'll be happy once my exams are finished, TOMORROW!!! Finally GP Bikes and GTA V! :D

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk_UK on January 22, 2014, 10:21:50 PM
Yes indeed, that would be great if you could do that, but I think a rating from 1 to 10 would be better than 1 to 5 to give a broader option of choice for so many tracks to Poll

I will send you a PM with a list of tracks that are used for the online servers, in alphabetical order.
I think that most serious studies affirm that a scale with 7 grades is what humans are typically able to separate (except situation where you an quantify stuff and hence a finer scale can be OK).
I counted the average biker/player, so I reduced that to 5 :) :) :) No big deal anyway, 5 7 or 10.

I'm not sure we really need to separate surface from race ready, up to you guys to decide.

Also, the like/don't like thing is probably unnecessary. If you really want it in, maybe it should be in the same format as the others (How much you like that track,1-10). But I fear people will not make the distinction between the previous questions (how technically good a track is) and the "personal taste" question (which is independent from the technical quality of the track).

Send me the tracks, send me the questions: it will take me 20min at worst.

The poll can be kept open indefinitely or closed after a while. I can manually alter the results or do some specific computations (in case you want some uber-complex statistical analysis).
The poll results (in a fixed format report) will be available for all, any time.

Quote from: Hawk_UK on January 22, 2014, 10:30:19 PM

For happy pills, ask docfumi  ;D

MaX.

RBp

Didn't meen to cause any problems, just giving an honest reason for a vote and a suggestion  so the guy can get a quicker result for the information he after, the game bloody hard when you start playing and I flew over the fence's a lot, not just this track. I would expect most new people would, loading the TRP into tracked show's there the possibility to fall though the floor, I can only go by what little Sim racing experience I have from playing GTR1 15 years ago and the common opinion was if you could not reset the car on track is was unfit for championship use.  things are different here it seems.

HornetMaX

Quote from: RBp on January 23, 2014, 10:20:20 AM
Didn't meen to cause any problems, just giving an honest reason for a vote and a suggestion  so the guy can get a quicker result for the information he after, the game bloody hard when you start playing and I flew over the fence's a lot, not just this track. I would expect most new people would, loading the TRP into tracked show's there the possibility to fall though the floor, I can only go by what little Sim racing experience I have from playing GTR1 15 years ago and the common opinion was if you could not reset the car on track is was unfit for championship use.  things are different here it seems.
Well, giving a 1 to Paul Ricard readiness for racing was a bit harsh. But if can document where the problem happens (video, drawing, whatever_, the creator may have a look and solve the problem.

MaX.

RBp

Quote from: HornetMaX on January 23, 2014, 11:50:18 AM
Well, giving a 1 to Paul Ricard readiness for racing was a bit harsh. But if can document where the problem happens (video, drawing, whatever_, the creator may have a look and solve the problem.

MaX.

3 I gave it, outside bendor corner. 

janaucarre

i give a 7 because the first S is a little bit hard to take without falling, that's due to the asphalt and the physics of the bikes. The fifth corner is the same and the ninth to.

JamoZ

Paul Ricard is perfect. I never fell trough the map, nor do i have these falling over issues like other riders.
I can put out a steady pace of a course of 20+ laps without falling over. But this is all subjective of course, everyone rides differently...

Hawk

January 25, 2014, 12:20:50 PM #26 Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 06:58:43 PM by Hawk_UK
Okay, guys...... We want you to list the most important, ideally one word questions(graphics/surface, etc, etc), so we can get a good idea of what the community wants with regards to the questions for rating tracks in a poll.

Also whether you prefer a broad rating range(1-10), or a narrower rating range(1-5)?

When we have a good consensus to what the community wants then Max will produce the 'Multi Track Ratings Poll' with the Google Forms utility using the information provided here in this thread, so we can all poll all tracks in one place straight away. This will be a lot better than the current system of polling. ;D

Thanks guys!  ;) ;D

noss69

Docfumi

Quote from: noss69 on January 25, 2014, 09:55:28 PM
I redo my website with system rating:http://improvinggpbikes.free.fr/

GREAT to see your site back up and running looks awsome.  :D
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

Arvoss