• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:46:41 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

My personal valuation of GPBikes

Started by Olaf Lehmann, March 26, 2018, 03:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnoNinja

Quote from: KG_03 on April 01, 2018, 08:51:15 AM
I finally made it through whole discussion. The end was worth reading all those posts, and I agree. Seeing how some people ride and can't say simple sorry or hello is growing.
Anyway as we speak about penalty system I have posted it before so I won't repeat myself. Anyway as we speak about realism I do not understan that we mention this and still play using chase cam. I know there are some fast players who ride onboard and some chase cam players who can be fast in onboard too but one of the reasons I often collide with other players is that I almost never see them until someone shows his front wheel. Also I had some cases that someone was overthaking me the opponent bike almost took me over but I just noticed it in the moment of contact and it was just a few simple polygons.

So in this matter I agree with Wimp that until we get sorted some problems like: physics, players behaviour and multiplayer bugs the damage system should not be implemented or very very simplified to lets say very high G values.

Totally agree on this!

KG_03

Good suggestion Warlok. Unfortunately sometimes whene there are many bikes on the track I just hear one big rumor in headphones or dont hear anything at all ... but or what? Anyway I will try to let other guys pass as it is safer way. Just wanted to bring attention of some players that if they overtake keep in mind that someone is playing onboard and he will not see you or close the door without intention to crash or collide.

Vini

KG_03

No no no...I know there is radar but I try to play as close to reality as possible. From mux hud I have only turned on gear indicator bcs my view set up make the dashboard invisible.

Warlock

Quote from: KG_03 on April 01, 2018, 11:22:27 PM
No no no...

LOL  ;D,  i also see it like a sort of sacrilege  ;D  (with all my respect to Max  :) )

Quote from: KG_03 on April 01, 2018, 09:04:45 PM
Good suggestion Warlok. Unfortunately sometimes whene there are many bikes on the track I just hear one big rumor in headphones or dont hear anything at all ... but or what? Anyway I will try to let other guys pass as it is safer way. Just wanted to bring attention of some players that if they overtake keep in mind that someone is playing onboard and he will not see you or close the door without intention to crash or collide.

The same occur in real life. Riders are looking way ahead his own nose  ;D and cant see the opponent trying to 'insert' their bikes between you and the curb. The guy that overtakes has to make sure they are capable of put the bike at least at the same level of yours in their attempt,  so you can see it.

See how many have to correct their trayectory because they aren't aware of the bike behind and when they try to close the corner exit,..surprise! there is a bike already there.

https://www.youtube.com/v/t9uIMJRwGeo

uberslug

Recently started using headphones with surround sound. I could hear what side Syd was attempting to pass on so I was able to leave him enough room to make a clean pass without sacrificing too much of my lap time.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Warlock on April 02, 2018, 01:23:59 AM
LOL  ;D,  i also see it like a sort of sacrilege  ;D  (with all my respect to Max  :) )
I wasn't a big fan of the radar thing, but it was a very strong equest for KRP: in races they were using insane FOVs just to avoid too many collisions.

Quote from: uberslug on April 02, 2018, 09:33:55 AM
Recently started using headphones with surround sound. I could hear what side Syd was attempting to pass on so I was able to leave him enough room to make a clean pass without sacrificing too much of my lap time.
Did you try plain headphones ?
Do you have a soundcard (which) ?

I think PiBoSo should think about implementing OpenALSoft and allow to select a few different HRTF: this would provide best positional sound to anybody with an headphone (no matter which and no matter if with/without soundcard).

uberslug

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 02, 2018, 10:20:35 AM
Did you try plain headphones ? Wasn't sure I would like headphones so I went with the Steel Series Siberia 150s with Surround Sound. I turned Surround Sound in Windows 10 Sound Settings on and they work just fine.

Do you have a soundcard (which) ? I do not have a discreet sound card.

I think PiBoSo should think about implementing OpenALSoft and allow to select a few different HRTF: this would provide best positional sound to anybody with an headphone (no matter which and no matter if with/without soundcard). Good idea.

HornetMaX

Quote from: uberslug on April 02, 2018, 11:57:58 AM
Wasn't sure I would like headphones so I went with the Steel Series Siberia 150s with Surround Sound. I turned Surround Sound in Windows 10 Sound Settings on and they work just fine.

I thought you hadve purchased a "7.1 headset" (thing that in general is *not* recommended).
But you're right, in Win10 you now have the option to have 5.1/7.1 sound "spatialized" (i.e. sent to a plain stereo headphone).
From what I've read around it is not as good as other stuff out there, but for GPB needs it should be plenty (and, of course, it's free).

I have purchased the Sennheiser GSX 1200 (same thing as the GSX 1000) and first impression, compared to my Creative X-Fi Fatality (sort of reference for spatialization), is that it does maybe slightly worse in cod4 (but could be more of a different equalization thing), on par for GPB and better for PUBG (lately I play a lot of that, just too funny with pals).

I just hate the inelegance of how this works for GPB: true 3d audio source positions are processed by OpenAL, converted to 7.1 and sent to Win / the GSX which in turn converts this to stereo (with proper HRTF). If GPB had an HRTF implemented internally, then I could just bypass the 7.1-to-stereo conversion.

That said, I think that even an average spatialization is good enough for GPB.

Vini

HornetMaX

Quote from: Vini on April 02, 2018, 01:43:38 PM
you playing promod, max?
Used too, stopped a long ago when the team went down. Anyway we were no good (and me in particular).
More recently I used to play silly gungame just for fun. These days it's only PUBG.

Vini

cool. i was unfortunately never part of the competetive promod scene, missed it somehow.
to me it's still the best pc multiplayer fps, perfect mix between quake and CS.

JamoZ

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 03, 2018, 07:33:00 PM
Quote from: Vini on April 02, 2018, 01:43:38 PM
you playing promod, max?
Used too, stopped a long ago when the team went down. Anyway we were no good (and me in particular).
More recently I used to play silly gungame just for fun. These days it's only PUBG.

You, playing PUBG? I would have never guessed. Want to loot my shotgun?

HornetMaX

Quote from: JamoZ on April 05, 2018, 08:15:32 PM
Depends on the skin you have on it :)

Silly game, frustratng like hell and yet plenty of fun.

JamoZ

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 05, 2018, 11:01:18 PM
Quote from: JamoZ on April 05, 2018, 08:15:32 PM
Depends on the skin you have on it :)

Silly game, frustratng like hell and yet plenty of fun.

Premium skin, what else  :-*

Love those matches when you get shot in the back by a random guy hiding in the blue after looting for an hour :')