• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:15:22 AM

Upcoming tracks

Started by Phathry25, March 27, 2018, 03:53:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phathry25

Any chance we can get some braking boards added to Hockenheim?  I can figure it out in solo runs, in traffic it will be a disaster though.  It's not an option IMO... Needs to be fixed or scrapped.

Poznan sucks, too many jumps for this game. Can we please vote to replace it?  Pretty please with a cherry on top.

Wimp #97

I think we should swap one of those tracks for the new assen track. It is too good not to include it.
Wimp #97

Champion Moto2 International Cup 2018

Gzehoo

Hockenheim --> Assen
Poznań --> Estoril
Mid Ohio --> your proposition

teeds

Only looking at 4 more races for this champ now, 8 in all - http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=5627.0

Want to get something else going with a different bike, rules etc.

Wimp #97

Quote from: teeds on March 27, 2018, 12:56:20 PM
Only looking at 4 more races for this champ now, 8 in all - http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=5627.0

Want to get something else going with a different bike, rules etc.

Sounds like a good plan
Get some more structure going.
Wimp #97

uberslug

Quote from: Gzehoo on March 27, 2018, 11:58:15 AM
Hockenheim --> Assen
Poznań --> Estoril
Mid Ohio --> your proposition

Real men race at Mid-Ohio...

Rodrigovis

we should have interlagos :D :D :D

teeds

We did some testing on Hockenheim last night and I can't see any reason not to race it. Did a bit of racing last night and it was a good blast.

Perhaps we can vote for the last 3 tracks. Not sure about Assen yet, it's got some holes that could cause problems in a race.

Wimp #97

Quote from: teeds on March 28, 2018, 09:36:32 AM
We did some testing on Hockenheim last night and I can't see any reason not to race it. Did a bit of racing last night and it was a good blast.

Perhaps we can vote for the last 3 tracks. Not sure about Assen yet, it's got some holes that could cause problems in a race.

Agreed on hockenheim and also good call on assen, we don't want anyone to fall through the map... Hopefully its ready soon :)
Wimp #97

Manu

It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.

Grooveski

Oh good - Hockenheim's been growing on me too in practice.   :)

Was glad the server was empty my first time out.  Rolled out the pits and started on up through the gears...
...thinking it was ye olde layout.   
The tyrewall at turn 2 came as a bit of a surprise.   ;D

Showing my age.    ::)

Wimp #97

Quote from: Grooveski on March 28, 2018, 04:50:57 PM

Was glad the server was empty my first time out.  Rolled out the pits and started on up through the gears...

Indeed showing ur age, I didn't even know there was an old layout  :o
Wimp #97

Grooveski

Used to just head off into the woods.  Was faaaast!  First place the GP bikes topped 200mph.

...and who could forget Schwantz at his Schwantziest....   ;D

https://www.youtube.com/v/YPzGZonM7HM

Hawk

Quote from: Wimp #97 on March 28, 2018, 07:05:28 PM

You'll find a good few old layout tracks, "Classic" tracks,  in the track database...... Personally I prefer the old layouts.... They've ruined most of the "Classic" GP circuits with their safety conscious rebuilds over the years.... Don't get me wrong, I'm all for safer tracks, but what they've done to these Classic tracks like Assen and Hockenhiem and Monza, Catalungya etc, etc, is an abomination in my opinion.  :)

Wimp #97

Quote from: Hawk on March 29, 2018, 08:08:48 AM
Quote from: Wimp #97 on March 28, 2018, 07:05:28 PM

You'll find a good few old layout tracks, "Classic" tracks,  in the track database...... Personally I prefer the old layouts.... They've ruined most of the "Classic" GP circuits with their safety conscious rebuilds over the years.... Don't get me wrong, I'm all for safer tracks, but what they've done to these Classic tracks like Assen and Hockenhiem and Monza, Catalungya etc, etc, is an abomination in my opinion.  :)

"old monza" rip everyone  :P

I do agree that safety things changes so many things. Old assen was amazing. Also I feel like they shouldve change the sandtraps in catalunya instead of changing the layout... Just make sandtraps go slightly uphill so the bike and rider get slowed down more. The crash of luis salom was that devastating because the sandtrap didn't do anything. He just slid across it without slowing down.
Oh and I want to see less asphalt like in the old days. You don't slide as far and you can't go freaking offtrack and gain time. So they could just stop doing the stupid penalty rules when you go over the curbstones. I remember they would just fly through the grass and get back on track, that was an automated time loss system if you went over the curb  :P. Now they just cancel laptimes and give penalties...
Wimp #97