• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:54:29 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

[Round 5] Hockenheim

Started by teeds, March 30, 2018, 06:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuliki55

April 01, 2018, 11:19:08 PM #30 Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 12:14:01 AM by Chuliki #60
Quote from: teeds on April 01, 2018, 09:59:37 PM
Anyone got a replay of the early race?

Mark uploaded a video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUh_fdvrpNg), mine is uploading rn, will post the link.

Edit: here's the video from my pov, no sound from the bikes, will fix it for the next one. hf! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1X9FGVAsyU

Jorge Sprinter

Wimp #97

Quote from: Chuliki #60 on April 01, 2018, 11:19:08 PM
Quote from: teeds on April 01, 2018, 09:59:37 PM
Anyone got a replay of the early race?

Mark uploaded a video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUh_fdvrpNg), mine is uploading rn, will post the link.

Edit: here's the video from my pov, no sound from the bikes, will fix it for the next one. hf! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1X9FGVAsyU

Hes looking for the full ingame replay file. I have it but i didn't wait untill the last guy crossed the finish line and now its not usable for the race analysis thingy that Olaf has made :/
Wimp #97

Champion Moto2 International Cup 2018

Grooveski

Good start, was chasing Rodrigo(who's pretty much my arch rival and has been for years ;D ) and we'd managed to avoid the flying bikes through the first couple of turns. 
...then got taken out near the end of the first lap  :( by someone who instantly quit before his dust had even settled.  >:(
...then apparently came back for another shot at it in the second race.   ???

I'm generally pretty forgiving but this one's pissed me right off.  Probably wouldn't have made any difference to my final standings but that's not the point - the point is that that folk shouldn't be treating the early race as a practice start - if you take part early and screw up - tough luck - you should stick with it and finish - not quit and try again later.

On a positive note - was nice racing Hockenheim.  I generally don't get on well with tracks full of hairpins but this place is a blast.   :)

Wimp #97

Quote from: Grooveski on April 02, 2018, 07:32:36 AM
Good start, was chasing Rodrigo(who's pretty much my arch rival and has been for years ;D ) and we'd managed to avoid the flying bikes through the first couple of turns. 
...then got taken out near the end of the first lap  :( by someone who instantly quit before his dust had even settled.  >:(
...then apparently came back for another shot at it in the second race.   ???

I'm generally pretty forgiving but this one's pissed me right off.  Probably wouldn't have made any difference to my final standings but that's not the point - the point is that that folk shouldn't be treating the early race as a practice start - if you take part early and screw up - tough luck - you should stick with it and finish - not quit and try again later.

On a positive note - was nice racing Hockenheim.  I generally don't get on well with tracks full of hairpins but this place is a blast.   :)

Didn't notice this, glad you mentioned it. Only 1 participation is allowed per race weekend. Was it Santi-rrin? He is the only player I see that participated in both races, i didn't see that before.
Wimp #97

Champion Moto2 International Cup 2018

teeds

I did spot him but when I looked at the 15:00 race results he had no laps logged although didn't show as DNS, so thought I'd let him race. But you're right we need a rule regarding this, like if you do a qually lap you're in the race. Mind you this will only be relevant for the next 3 races.

Grooveski

Quote from: Wimp #97 on April 02, 2018, 11:26:12 AMWas it Santi-rrin? He is the only player I see that participated in both races...

Wasn't for naming names but yeah, it was indeed.

Sorry Santi - for my part in it and for feeling the need to bring it up.  :-[
...and for being so slow.  The coming together would likely never have happened if I wasn't a hopeless backmarker braking too early.   :(

tchemi

I would also decern a trophy for Santi.

You kicked me out in the sand in the second corner of the first lap while everybody else was paying attention and ride slowly. Then you quit at the end of turn one. What's the point ?

teeds

April 03, 2018, 07:44:16 PM #38 Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 07:55:06 PM by teeds
Race 2 Results -

Phathry25

Rider 25 was also in the first race.

Is it seriously this hard to be an honest competitor?  Very disappointed with how a large numbers of competitors are acting. Cutting track, riding backwards, multiple races....

Chuliki55

yeah, riders who had already participated on the first race, even if they didn't end it, shouldn't be allowed to join the 2nd race.

teeds

In this scenario only the 1st race taken part in counts, although obviously each rider should only attend one race. For several reasons the sooner we get shot of this dual race system the better.

Chuliki55

Quote from: teeds on April 03, 2018, 09:22:46 PM
In this scenario only the 1st race taken part in counts, although obviously each rider should only attend one race. For several reasons the sooner we get shot of this dual race system the better.

If only 1st race taken part in counts, why Santi and Rider25 got the points from the 2nd race?

teeds

I let Santi in as he did not complete a lap in race 1, Rider 25 did not score points from the 2nd race. The race results above do not reflect the points awarded.

Chuliki55

Well I would that from now on any racer who joins a race, even in the qualification, he shouldn't be allowed to join the 2nd one. But it's your choice