• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:10:52 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Bind Gyroscope function to Lean in GP Bikes with the Steam Valve Controller

Started by olistreet, April 03, 2018, 06:20:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

olistreet

Hi

As mentioned by some fellow member of the forum, using Opentrack and Vjoy I have binded the Z rotation of my Oculus rift headset to lean in GP Bikes, but the results are that I'm riding leaning with my neck instead of my whole body, so while we cannot use Oculus Touch in GP Bikes, is there any reason we couldn't use the gyroscope function from the Steam Valve Controller to Lean in GP Bikes? Has someone had some experience with gamepads with built in gyroscopes? Looks like people are playing Dirt 4 and car games pretty good with this Steam controller.

Olistreet.

speedfr

Hi !

i don't know if that the thing you talking about but in the EdTracker Pro, there's is a gyroscope and a inertial acceleration device. It's a 3 DOF thing.
But i guess it's more a movement on axis and for this 6 DOF, things like Track IR is better. If the same device is on your Steam controller, displacement following axis, it may work...
Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

doubledragoncc

Edtracker mounted on your shoulder gives perfect body movement in GPB. You just need to make sure you set ET up correctly.............and dont send him home, sorry could not resist the joke

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

olistreet

I forgot to tell you that I already have the Oculus Rift, but I tried to use the Z rotation values to bind them to leaning in GP Bikes, but it turns out I find myself leaning my neck instead of my body. Is there a way I can use the positional tracking data from the Oculus rift and pass it to Opentrack and Vjoy to emulate what the ED tracker does?

speedfr

Hello !

what i understand is that your VR set is 3 DOF (i don't own one so i guess from what you said) just as EDTracker but not the 6 DOF like Track IR that detect the axes X, Y and Z but the movement along X, Y and Z.
The thing is that the EDTracker is a little box that you can place where you want so on your head (as the Rift) or on your shoulder.
But when your shoulder goes down, when you lean, then the axes are moving. But not your head.
If you put EdTracker on your head then you gonna have to move your head in order to lean. Just as the Rift so i don't think you can do other than moving the 3 axes around your gyroscop which is... on your head.
Go get an EDtracker Pro, that's the best i can say but if your are curious, just ask Poumpouny, he did his "Track Ir like" with a smartphone using the gyroscope and the inertial device of the phone through an Android app'.
Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

olistreet

Quote from: speedfr on April 04, 2018, 12:13:25 AM
Hello !

what i understand is that your VR set is 3 DOF (i don't own one so i guess from what you said) just as EDTracker but not the 6 DOF like Track IR that detect the axes X, Y and Z but the movement along X, Y and Z.
The thing is that the EDTracker is a little box that you can place where you want so on your head (as the Rift) or on your shoulder.
But when your shoulder goes down, when you lean, then the axes are moving. But not your head.
If you put EdTracker on your head then you gonna have to move your head in order to lean. Just as the Rift so i don't think you can do other than moving the 3 axes around your gyroscop which is... on your head.
Go get an EDtracker Pro, that's the best i can say but if your are curious, just ask Poumpouny, he did his "Track Ir like" with a smartphone using the gyroscope and the inertial device of the phone through an Android app'.

Hi Speedfr, thanks for the info!

The Oculus rift actually has 6 degrees of freedom since uses external cameras to track your movement in a given space, plus the rotational movements of the headset itself, so I guess Im good to go with the Oculus Rift CV1 plus 4 cameras that tracks a space of 5 meters by 5 meters, it is called "room scale" positional tracking more than enough for GP Bikes where you are in a fixed position, the thing is since I'm not really good at X,Y,Z maths  :( :( :o I don't know how to send the information from Oculus Rift Via Opentrack >> Vjoy, and from here to GP Bikes, basically I thing, what I need to do is use my positional tracking (Translation) in the "leaning" control in GP Bikes, and for that maybe I have to combine a couple of values from the oculus rift, translation and acceleration? Is all guess from here, any help will be wellcome!