Author Topic: Kawasaki H2R  (Read 791 times)

JohnnoNinja

• View Profile
Kawasaki H2R
« on: April 03, 2018, 07:02:47 PM »
Manu, I don't know if you are going to have another look at the Kawasaki H2R, but I have a problem with the front end of the bike. It is really easy to tuck the front. If you're going to have another look at the bike, could you give it a bit more margin?

MultiCOOLFRESH

• Burrn rubber, not your soul
    • View Profile
Re: Kawasaki H2R
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 11:09:57 PM »

But I also have the problem of a very akward feeling of the bike. Just after one lap the front is not controlable, bcs. the tyres are way too hot. But hey, maybe I just missed something you figured out :)

MCF
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 03:42:11 AM by WALKEN »
Heeeeeey Hoooooo

GP Bikes Discord Server (https://discord.gg/CKqrHHF)

JohnnoNinja

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 03:14:10 PM »

Wow, you've sharp observation skills! Well done! And if you really want to be helpful, please tell me what to change about the suspension. I've tried different things, but I couldn't find the magic spot which gave me the right feeling in the front...

But I also have the problem of a very akward feeling of the bike. Just after one lap the front is not controlable, bcs. the tyres are way too hot. But hey, maybe I just missed something you figured out :)

MCF

I thought the same thing about the tires, but I don't think it's the real problem. The tire might get hot after falling, because it slides over the ground. With a hot tire it's easier to fall, so it happens again and again in a short timeframe, making the tire hotter and hotter. I also tried putting other tires under the H2R, but is doesn't change anything. Still easy to tuck the front.

I gave it a bit more thought. Initially I thought that the bike wasn't able to cope with high lean, but that's also not the case. However, I do reach high lean earlier. For example I reach the limit after 70% input on the controls, where as other bikes reach their limit with 90% input. And the bike seems to run wide with high lean, therefore I keep putting in more lean, which is easy with the controller because I've only had 70% input. Does it make sense?

I do understand the H2R is not a MotoGP or WSBK bike which are capable of serieus high lean angles, I also understand it's probably not an easy bike to ride, but that should be down to the fact it has over 300 horsepower and not because it lowsides very easily :)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 03:42:46 AM by WALKEN »

Tosteetos

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 03:32:44 PM »

I'm not sure how these types of comments add to these discussions. We need to encourage and promote new members participation. That is, if you care about the growth of the community. If you don't, then that's understandable. But please don't subtract from it with empty comments with no substance and putting other people down. 

Maybe you may know this guy, but how is your comment going to help everyone else that will read this post? or how is it going to encourage other new members to participate? I don't mean to be Mr. Right, but I do want to see this community continue to flourish. 

I think the H2R does need work on the front end, it should not need any suspension adjustment for it to just be rideable.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 03:43:42 AM by WALKEN »

connorhall70

• YeetGod
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 07:44:49 PM »

Wow, you've sharp observation skills! Well done! And if you really want to be helpful, please tell me what to change about the suspension. I've tried different things, but I couldn't find the magic spot which gave me the right feeling in the front...
[/quote]
 play with the tyre psi, and play with spring rate for suspension on both rear and front, also if its spazzing out just chnage the rebound and bump according to the track, simple bro simple tings, i havent even tried it myself but yerrrrrr.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 03:44:54 AM by WALKEN »
GanjaGod

Wimp #97

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2018, 10:19:56 AM »
Manu, I don't know if you are going to have another look at the Kawasaki H2R, but I have a problem with the front end of the bike. It is really easy to tuck the front. If you're going to have another look at the bike, could you give it a bit more margin?

Try turning off wheelie control if possible, this can sometimes cause the bike to tuck the front end when opening the throttle.
Wimp #97

Youtube channel with irl trackdays: https://www.youtube.com/user/OnboardRacing1

JohnnoNinja

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2018, 02:25:06 PM »
play with the tyre psi, and play with spring rate for suspension on both rear and front, also if its spazzing out just chnage the rebound and bump according to the track, simple bro simple tings, i havent even tried it myself but yerrrrrr.

Ok, thnx, I'll have another look at it...  :)

Try turning off wheelie control if possible, this can sometimes cause the bike to tuck the front end when opening the throttle.

Good suggestion! I'll have a look at that as well...

WALKEN

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2018, 03:50:00 AM »
OK fellas, I cleaned this thread up for you all, hope everyone is thankful.

I don't really have time to play Connor, so please try addressing members of this forum with a bit more respect and you will get the same in return! 

Good day everyone, carry on ;)
Help me, help you!

JohnnoNinja

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2018, 07:34:06 AM »
Thnx for the help so far guys! I've tried a lot of different things yesterday e.g. springs, dampers, bike height, tire pressures, wet or dry tire, rider riding styles and anti wheelie and TC off. In short I've a bit better feeling with the bike, but I think that's meanly due to the laps I've put in. In general I'm able to ride 2 laps (at Assen, could be any track I guess) before I lose the front again. I think that there is not a magic setting which cures my problem with the H2R. Most of the time I fall is when I transfer from braking to gently applying throttle under big lean situations (keeping speed through a corner). The first one or two laps I don't have a problem with that, so I think it's also happens because the front tire gets really warm... I've no problems at all with the rear although the bike has over 300 hp, it's always the front giving me a hard time. Therefore I still think the bike could use an improvement :)

It could be me though... If someone else has a totally different experience, I would love to know, also which setup is used then :)

Hawk

• MOD Team: CAWS / GP-Team: Horizon GP #7
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2018, 08:05:11 AM »
Thnx for the help so far guys! I've tried a lot of different things yesterday e.g. springs, dampers, bike height, tire pressures, wet or dry tire, rider riding styles and anti wheelie and TC off. In short I've a bit better feeling with the bike, but I think that's meanly due to the laps I've put in. In general I'm able to ride 2 laps (at Assen, could be any track I guess) before I lose the front again. I think that there is not a magic setting which cures my problem with the H2R. Most of the time I fall is when I transfer from braking to gently applying throttle under big lean situations (keeping speed through a corner). The first one or two laps I don't have a problem with that, so I think it's also happens because the front tire gets really warm... I've no problems at all with the rear although the bike has over 300 hp, it's always the front giving me a hard time. Therefore I still think the bike could use an improvement :)

It could be me though... If someone else has a totally different experience, I would love to know, also which setup is used then :)

What temperature is your front tyre when this issue starts happening?

And I guess this issue doesn't happen until your front tyre gets very warm?

BOBR6 84

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2018, 11:17:12 AM »
Depends on the corner but try heading for the apex on the brakes.. release, turn, and fire it out of the corner.. dont spend too long cranked over when your on/off the throttle.. its a big bike.. make the corners as short as possible and the straights as long as possible. My 2 cents..

JohnnoNinja

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2018, 08:35:46 PM »
What temperature is your front tyre when this issue starts happening?

And I guess this issue doesn't happen until your front tyre gets very warm?

No, I think my problems start after 2 laps. I just did a quick test at Assen. In my third lap I checked the temperature of the front tire after the first couple of right corners at Assen, and the temperature of the right side of the front tire was 111 degrees.

Depends on the corner but try heading for the apex on the brakes.. release, turn, and fire it out of the corner.. dont spend too long cranked over when your on/off the throttle.. its a big bike.. make the corners as short as possible and the straights as long as possible. My 2 cents..

Good advice! I notice that I'm trying to work around my "problems" with adjusting my ridingstyle (mainly trying not to lean to much), this could help on certain parts of certain tracks. But for example at Assen, you've a series of right hand turns in sector 1 and this is an area were I've problems were the front tucks easily.

I have to say as well that you can reach 60 degrees of lean with this bike. These are MotoGP values, so I don't think the real H2R would make it that far. If the H2R in GPBikes would be limited to lets say 55 degrees, there probably wouldn't be that much problems with tucking the front. I checked one of the rider.cfg files and it does say in this file that max lean is 55 degrees, but apparently in game the rider is able to reach over 60 degrees of lean...

Manu

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2018, 08:48:11 PM »
H2R need an update  ;)

JohnnoNinja

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2018, 09:10:55 PM »
Thank you! Are you planning one? ;)

I wish it would sound like this:https://youtu.be/1bPIzdYYTgk

« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 09:41:46 PM by JohnnoNinja »