• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:40:23 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Important new info about the online core.exe crash

Started by Wimp #97, April 08, 2018, 02:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wimp #97

Quote from: Blackheart on April 09, 2018, 11:33:37 AM
Quote from: matty0l215 on April 09, 2018, 11:18:55 AM
Maybe it could a graphical issue. 3rd person you can see more of your own bike with all the animation whereas in 1st you can only see the steer, f susp and f wheel??
Or this is just a massive coincidence

Anyway the game loads both the models declared in the gfx, also if you see just the 1p model, otherwise you would see opponents without wheels.

@Wimp But just a guy have this issue?

Many people have this problem, i think more than 10 people
Wimp #97

Champion Moto2 International Cup 2018

Blackheart

Quote from: Wimp #97 on April 09, 2018, 01:12:53 PM

But you mean the "1 lap or less core.exe" I talk about the issue in the first post...

Wimp #97

Quote from: Blackheart on April 09, 2018, 01:36:51 PM
Quote from: Wimp #97 on April 09, 2018, 01:12:53 PM

But you mean the "1 lap or less core.exe" I talk about the issue in the first post...

its the same thing?
Wimp #97

Blackheart

I don't understand,  this solution "server side"  works for any guys with the 1 lap crashes or its a your assumptions?

Wimp #97

Quote from: Blackheart on April 09, 2018, 03:54:25 PM
I don't understand,  this solution "server side"  works for any guys with the 1 lap crashes or its a your assumptions?

I mean its pretty clear in first post i think. If the server only allows 1st person the game doesn't crash (for the people that have the crash in 1 lap or less). But if the server allows 3rd and 1st person, then the game does crash for the people who have this problem.

This difference that causes the game to crash or not to crash might help piboso locate the problem and fix it.
Wimp #97

Blackheart

Quote from: Wimp #97 on April 09, 2018, 04:02:57 PM
Quote from: Blackheart on April 09, 2018, 03:54:25 PM

I mean its pretty clear in first post i think. If the server only allows 1st person the game doesn't crash (for the people that have the crash in 1 lap or less). But if the server allows 3rd and 1st person, then the game does crash for the people who have this problem.

This difference that causes the game to crash or not to crash might help piboso locate the problem and fix it.

In the first post I read that just a guy has tested this...

matty0l215

@Wimp

What bikes were being used just out of interest??

@Blackheart
The official bikes have a cockpit, so there is a different model used for the 1st person view.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Wimp #97

Quote from: matty0l215 on April 09, 2018, 04:28:01 PM
@Wimp

What bikes were being used just out of interest??

behind every line in the test proces it says the track and bikes, but tested bikes were moto3, cagiva mito 125 and moto2
Wimp #97

Wimp #97

Quote from: Blackheart on April 09, 2018, 04:16:31 PM

In the first post I read that just a guy has tested this...

I asked damonboss to do several tests. He logged onto his dads pc to test this. His dad (his pc and account) always had these kind of crashes.
Wimp #97

janaucarre

Hi, i think, perhaps im false, it can be more helpful for piboso to do test with original bikes and track, murasama, 125cc, 500cc, at victoria, because he knows what he did with these.

Wimp #97

Quote from: janaucarre on April 09, 2018, 07:16:03 PM
Hi, i think, perhaps im false, it can be more helpful for piboso to do test with original bikes and track, murasama, 125cc, 500cc, at victoria, because he knows what he did with these.

I think it might be irrelevant for the conclusion but if piboso wants us to do those tests i'll be happy to try and make it happen :)
Wimp #97

matty0l215

Not irrelevent at all

Mod bike and tracks can cause issues with the engine when in fact it can be a MOD issue. The default bikes and tracks are of a Known "good" state and are really the only benchmark.

Not saying mods are bad and they certinally  can be used for testing but a test bed is needed and that comes from the default content.

Wimp #97

Quote from: matty0l215 on April 09, 2018, 10:49:48 PM
Not irrelevent at all

Mod bike and tracks can cause issues with the engine when in fact it can be a MOD issue. The default bikes and tracks are of a Known "good" state and are really the only benchmark.

Not saying mods are bad and they certinally  can be used for testing but a test bed is needed and that comes from the default content.

I said irrelevant to the conclusion, not irrelevant as a whole. Because it is know that the core.exe crash is still there when tested on victoria with the default bikes when servers allows 1st and 3rd person. So this leads me to believe its not a mod problem. But as I said, if piboso wants we can also do the same tests with the default track and bikes.
Wimp #97

matty0l215

Ahh my bad :P

Maybe we need to run some test races again to see if the 1st vs 3rd person make a difference.

Fynn_96

but this is for online... what about offline core.exe crashes?