• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:37:38 PM

Need a hand!

Started by JOACKO172, April 13, 2018, 02:21:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOACKO172

I am making a bike. I think i made some good things. Is much easier than make a track but anyways. Can somebody help me with this? I read the wiki page of gpb but is very complicated to understeand for me.

matty0l215

April 13, 2018, 06:19:45 AM #1 Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 07:43:14 AM by matty0l215
Are the origin points in your modeling software set to the centre of each object??

Ignore this

What poumpouny said.

For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

poumpouny

Take the bike default template and align you axis pivot with !

JOACKO172

Quote from: poumpouny on April 13, 2018, 07:23:12 AM
Take the bike default template and align you axis pivot with !
Can i do that with 3ds max? How?

matty0l215

http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=974.0

Template files can be foud here

You will need Blender to open them (Don't ask why they can't be as a .max file also)

Look and compare the piviot points to your model in 3ds max

JOACKO172

Quote from: matty0l215 on April 13, 2018, 07:16:57 PM
http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=974.0

Template files can be foud here

You will need Blender to open them (Don't ask why they can't be as a .max file also)

Look and compare the piviot points to your model in 3ds max
I make this. I put all the pivots points in place compared with the template but the bike is having tha same problem. I think i need to modify the .GEOM file but i donĀ“t know what values i need to put.

matty0l215

Just concentrate on getting the piviots correct first and showing in game.

Use an exsisting .geom file close to you deisred bike (one of the m3 bikes or the msm 125) as a close refence.

JOACKO172

Quote from: matty0l215 on April 13, 2018, 10:27:10 PM
Just concentrate on getting the piviots correct first and showing in game.

Use an exsisting .geom file close to you deisred bike (one of the m3 bikes or the msm 125) as a close refence.
Thats the problem. I put the pivot points in 3ds max, export the EDF files and anything happend. The bike looks like un the first photos

matty0l215

Could you send me a copy of your .max file?

PM me

janaucarre

Hi,
It seems to me that z and y axis are inverted, compared the values of the axys in 3dsmax and the previous posted screenshots

JOACKO172

Another question. Its possible to make a bike without rear suspension? I have a crazy idea if this is possible

matty0l215

JOACKO172

Hi everybody. Today i am working on the KTM and i am so close to make something decent. i have a problem. When i go straight the bike works "good" but when i try to turn lot of sparks come from the front part of the bike and next i crash. Some help?

h106frp

Did you define the correct collisions in .geom? They are displayed as boxes and spheres in bikeED but must be entered manually in the .geom

JOACKO172

Quote from: h106frp on April 17, 2018, 01:49:42 PM
Did you define the correct collisions in .geom? They are displayed as boxes and spheres in bikeED but must be entered manually in the .geom
I am not in my house right now, can you say what values i need to edit?