Author Topic: GP Bikes beta14 WIP  (Read 4530 times)

Hawk

• MOD Team: CAWS / GP-Team: Horizon GP #7
    • View Profile
Re: GP Bikes beta14 WIP
« Reply #90 on: May 23, 2018, 11:00:24 AM »
It would be good to see trainers in replays to study others riding style and lines maybe. Also see how your riding agains yourself. Or just for a video plus factor.

DD

Great idea DD! But with the proviso that this would be an optional setting?  ;)

Greg

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2018, 02:00:29 PM »
++

doubledragoncc

• If it dont fit HIT it!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • GPBOC Live Streams
« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2018, 08:00:38 AM »
Yes option is what I should have said. Thanks

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls

Teamspeak: Server IP: 82.43.148.211  user password "yougetin"

i5 7600 5.0GHz z270 ASUS Maximus Code Mobo 16GB 3866MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix GTX1050Ti OC 4GB DDR5 Kraken X62 AIO Cooler

Davide74

• Siempre a gas!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2018, 02:37:19 PM »
It would be good to see trainers in replays to study others riding style and lines maybe. Also see how your riding agains yourself. Or just for a video plus factor.

DD

i agree

Vini

• Es gibt nur ein Gas...
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2018, 02:46:02 PM »
if we're posting suggestions here, then i will add my idea of exporting selected laps of replays as trainer files.
also, a reminder for the taskbar icon notification when somebody joins the server, so that you don't miss it when waiting for other players while having the game minimized.

PiBoSo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 25, 2018, 08:24:49 PM »

Added the possibility to adjust the rear shock slow compression.
Obviously your ambition outweighs your talent

PiBoSo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 25, 2018, 08:25:53 PM »

Added a notification to the GP Bikes minimized window when a client connects or disconnects.
Obviously your ambition outweighs your talent

doubledragoncc

• View Profile
    • GPBOC Live Streams
« Reply #97 on: May 25, 2018, 09:32:57 PM »
I know it may be a bit late to ask, but how about bringing back Seca and Limerock tracks for the demo and actual sim. Sorry but Victoria has gotten boring and its time for a change maybe. After all YOU mase them Pib!!!

There are so many brilliant mod tracks too, if you kinda let a modder be part of your business it would be fully eligible to use.

I know you are proud, but being real about how much time you have to work is important, so maybe having some modders work with you would bring a fresh look to the demo?

Just my 2 beans

DD

i5 7600 5.0GHz z270 ASUS Maximus Code Mobo 16GB 3866MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix GTX1050Ti OC 4GB DDR5 Kraken X62 AIO Cooler

connorhall70

• YeetGod
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 25, 2018, 09:44:10 PM »
Sorry but Victoria has gotten boring and its time for a change maybe.

Someone who plays the demo is not going to clock as many hours as you; someone who has owned the game for god knows how long?
Plus all the license does is allow the ability to use mods... adding multiple tracks to the demo takes the incentive to purchase the full game away.
GanjaGod

matty0l215

• CAWS Racing #61
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 25, 2018, 10:04:49 PM »
Limerock would be a welcome Return

But Victoria is a good base track for beginers. It's not to dificult to learn for beginers, the demo just needs a bike to suit the track. The 125 is holy inadequate now :P

doubledragoncc

• View Profile
    • GPBOC Live Streams
« Reply #100 on: May 26, 2018, 08:28:29 AM »
I did mean only one track for demo but another one is all. I was thinking on a bit more of a visual and easy track like A1 Ring.

It was just a thought.

Yep 125 is not a help at selling the game lol

DD

connorhall70

• YeetGod
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 26, 2018, 09:17:22 AM »
yeah... the 125 is not really giving people good incentive to buy the game, when you lean the bike just falls over LOL its pretty fucked. i remember playing the demo and literally thinking this game was complete shit and actually deleted it until i found that modded bikes existed and risked it and paid for the game, only because i wanted a bike game to play cos i race bikes irl... if i wasnt as interested in bikes as i was i would not have even considered this game for $5 (dont have a gbp sign soz) but thats only because the 125 is just retarded.
i think the game needs (eventually) visual improvements, like shading n shit, cos without reshade this game looks extremely washed out.

i understand visuals is not something piboso is going to change anytime soon, he has much more important things to do rather than make a game that is riddled (yes thats exaggerated) with bugs, aesthetically pleasing, and i like that, cos its the opposite of what every other dev is doing.

but yeah in regards to what everyone is saying, yeah it doesnt look great. but its the least of his concerns.
GanjaGod

h106frp

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 26, 2018, 10:11:59 AM »
The biggest problem in my humble opinion is the lighting/shadow model, the game engine appears to scale geometry detail quite well considering the lack of track LOD. A LOD to allow full 3D/simple trees as used in AC would be a good start (the simple tree LOD is also used for real time shadows as far as I can tell)

Still my biggest wish is for the rider (and environment) to cast a real time shadow on the bike in 1P view

.... and fix the 3D grass  mipmap problem :)

connorhall70

• YeetGod
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 26, 2018, 10:29:05 AM »
The biggest problem in my humble opinion is the lighting/shadow model, the game engine appears to scale geometry detail quite well considering the lack of track LOD. A LOD to allow full 3D/simple trees as used in AC would be a good start (the simple tree LOD is also used for real time shadows as far as I can tell)

Still my biggest wish is for the rider (and environment) to cast a real time shadow on the bike in 1P view

.... and fix the 3D grass  mipmap problem :)

3d grass mimap problem? never heard anything on that before?
GanjaGod

Manu

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 29, 2018, 11:50:12 AM »
@PiBoSo

I wonder if we will have Beta14 soon.