• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:33:17 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Superbike 2001

Started by Harrytmj66, January 22, 2014, 03:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harrytmj66

Did anyone ever manage to get this to work on XP or Windows 7?

Docfumi

I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

Harrytmj66

Quote from: docfumi on January 22, 2014, 03:58:56 PM
YES!  ;D

>:( i have just been trying. Running it in Windows98 compatibility and still nothing

Docfumi

I installed the Demo and then, I copied my full install of SBK 2001 over the Demo and let it overwrite and I ran it from the Demo folder and it worked.  :o

Harrytmj66

Docfumi

Quote from: Harrytmj66 on January 22, 2014, 04:00:32 PM
Quote from: docfumi on January 22, 2014, 03:58:56 PM
YES!  ;D

>:( i have just been trying. Running it in Windows98 compatibility and still nothing

Try compatibility Windows2000 and have a look here, maybe some of these guys can help.

http://reg.bpmstudios.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=5742&highlight=SBK+2001

Harrytmj66

Done the things you said with replacing Demo but comes up with Open File Error: Access Denied

Docfumi

Quote from: Harrytmj66 on January 22, 2014, 04:18:47 PM
Done the things you said with replacing Demo but comes up with Open File Error: Access Denied

Sorry to hear that, please have a look at the link above I´m sure you´ll get it gonig.   8)

Harrytmj66

Demo works great.  8)

Just trying to get full game going now haha. So did you move the demo files into main game files or other way around?

Docfumi

Quote from: Harrytmj66 on January 22, 2014, 04:26:09 PM
Demo works great.  8)

Just trying to get full game going now haha. So did you move the demo files into main game files or other way around?

That´s very possible, it was so long ago.

Harrytmj66

YAY! Put a No CD file in directory and now it works. Thanks for your help buddy

Docfumi

That´s right, NO CD!!!  :o I also used a physics Mod. I think you can still find it on the interweb.  ;)

iVolution

Yes I did get it working on Windows 7 as well  8).  Definitely don't enable crossfire or SLI as that ruins things

C21

Is it possible to Run it in win7 64Bit.?
Tried different compatibility modes but can't install the Game. Autoinstaller loads to 99% and then nothing Happens...
Using original cd.
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

iVolution

I think i got it working in the end but do not remember having that problem. As i remember the "XP patch" was critical to start it up and crossfire and sli are a big NO NO but for the rest i can't think of anything else.

Think i got that patch from a site calle nogripracing.com but am not sure. Am on the phone right now so a bit hard to check it for you