• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:05:08 PM

ACC Screenshots

Started by connorhall70, May 08, 2018, 04:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

connorhall70

GanjaGod

KG_03

Wow, just wow. I wonder if we ever will get a motorcycle game with so beautiful graphics and GP Bikes level physics...

Mace-x

looks amazing!

And they switched from their in-house engine to Unreal Engine 4 (hint hint cough* piboso!)  ;D

Hawk

Looks fantastic! I'm impressed! 8)

But I'd much rather they concentrated on getting AC's physics sorted out properly(I'm expected to get severely flamed for that statement. Lol! ;D ), but I'm sure UE4's graphics capabilities will definitely sucker a lot of gamers to buy this game(A more accurate description would definitely be Arcade-Sim I guess(at a push.)  :P

A much more sensible buy for now and for the long term usability outlook and realism would be rFactor2 for sure! :P ;D

connorhall70

Quote from: Hawk on May 08, 2018, 09:07:27 PM
Looks fantastic! I'm impressed! 8)

But I'd much rather they concentrated on getting AC's physics sorted out properly(I'm expected to get severely flamed for that statement. Lol! ;D ), but I'm sure UE4's graphics capabilities will definitely sucker a lot of gamers to buy this game(A more accurate description would definitely be Arcade-Sim I guess(at a push.)  :P

A much more sensible buy for now and for the long term usability outlook and realism would be rFactor2 for sure! :P ;D

im not a hardcore sim racer with direct drive wheel n all that so i dont think im experienced enough to say but i agree could be improved and definitely has been for ac2.
What could they improve though? most cars feel quite solid to me but ofc visually i think everyone can agree assetto looks a bit washed out at times n a bit "meh"
GanjaGod

poumpouny

I'm a big Fan of both assetto corsa an RF2 and have them both,and yes they need to at least make the car stall  ;D. Anyway they said the have more data now they works officially with Blancpain racing team, but i'm always not agree with some "purist" statement saing AC is an arcade game, Yes the don't have chassis flex, tyre flex, they don't simulate oil temp and pressure but as a regular player of both, they are pretty identical on handling (except RF2 has way better FFB) and ironically RF2 is IMHO easier than AC wich prove that realistic is not always harder (as may think purist)

Hawk

Quote from: poumpouny on May 09, 2018, 06:17:17 AM
I'm a big Fan of both assetto corsa an RF2 and have them both,and yes they need to at least make the car stall  ;D. Anyway they said the have more data now they works officially with Blancpain racing team, but i'm always not agree with some "purist" statement saing AC is an arcade game, Yes the don't have chassis flex, tyre flex, they don't simulate oil temp and pressure but as a regular player of both, they are pretty identical on handling (except RF2 has way better FFB) and ironically RF2 is IMHO easier than AC wich prove that realistic is not always harder (as may think purist)

What first made me suspicious of AC's physics programming was the way AC cars reacted when you nudged a relatively high kerb? The reaction of the car seemed very much like a preset reaction rather than a real-time physics reaction in that it nudged the car outwards each time instead of all the various reactions possible in those situations depending on the angles your steering is set when you hit the kerb and the way your suspension is set-up, tyre pressures, any dampening effects from the give and buckling in tyre sidewalls, etc, etc.
In real-time your car should sometimes get kicked outwards, sometimes it should jolt upwards on that corner of the car and ride over the kerbs; it should all depend on the weight balance of the car at the time and the angle you hit the kerb from together with all those other factors mentioned previously and not just be a dumb set-piece reaction that just nudges your car outwards off the racing line.

Other issues like under blue flag situations: The car being passed under a blue flag actually loses full throttle control as if AC makes sure that the car being passed cannot maintain full speed so that the passing car can get by easily - that is very unrealistic and gamey to my mind. This happened to me, it was such a weird feeling that I honestly thought my engine was screwed at the time.... That sort of thing is just typical lazy arcade-sim programming in my opinion and not realistic at all and shouldn't exist in real-time simulation programming.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very impressed by AC's visuals and the physics representation is not bad at all, in fact it's reasonably pretty good, but definitely not anywhere near on par with the depth of real-time physics simulation and the accuracy of physics data that exists in Rfactor2, in my opinion.  :)

poumpouny

One thing we have to take in account also is that, no matter how depth and good physics a software have, if you don't get the right data from manufacturer or from racing team it's just don't make sens. I think Comparing AC to RF2 is a waste of time. Assetto Corsa try to make a "believable" physics without digging too depth in physics coding, trying to give to a maximum audience, the sensation of real life racing (wich i think they brillantly manage to achiev). I think 80% of casual or even regular simracer is definitely happy with AC and it is not comparable to what Milestone is doing with moto gp (way too arcade).

Rfactor 2 is i think only for those who really want to deal with the real thing, complex setup, real time calculation of every thing etc .... but the problem is that you only notice the difference with AC (exept FFB) 5% of the time you race. The rest is exactly the same. I think RF2 potential is way more used if you're a Professional racer guy or a profession racing team, with wich you could try thing and setup and except a result very near to real Life.

I think the reason RF2 seems to be easier than AC is that the FFB is soooo good and reactive that you have the time to save from a mistake.