• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:23:02 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

eMotorsports?

Started by PiBoSo, May 17, 2017, 10:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Seems to me that the governing bodies are sticking with the games that already have the Official series licenses, iE: Milestone for MotoGP and Codemasters for the F1 series; both not simulators but both designed and aimed mainly at the massive console market. Just tells me that they are more interested in number of bodies they can reach rather than what would be best for the long term progression of esport.... What a bunch of short-sighted "Knobheads" they are!

I can only believe that they have done their research and it's telling them that the players want to use an app that isn't difficult to master knor either takes long hours of dedication to become proficient and competitive with..... Says a lot about the majority of the current generation of gamers doesn't it! It's got console gamer written all over it!! LAZY TW*TS!! :P >:(

Just justifies my thoughts from the very first time they started to release these game consoles: That they'd do more harm than good for the computer gaming community as a whole; from exclusive console only titles to now ruining a fantastic opportunity for building computer sims into fantastic eSport platforms.... Total short-sightedness in the extreme!

Let's just hope that eventually the governing bodies will come to their senses and want to change the apps used to a more serious simulator rather than a kiddies game in the not too distant future..... That's of course if they are at all really involved in the actual organisation of eSports rather than just letting the developers organise it with just their periodic oversight? I think this is what is probably happening so the governing bodies don't have to do much at all but can take credit at the same time... More LAZY TW*TS!!  :P

@DD: You'll probably also find that they won't allow any other controller except the official Playstation/Xbox gamepad controller for the MotoGP Esport series too? I hope not, but it wouldn't surprised me mate..... Seems money and power wins again... Great shame for the long term future of eSports in my opinion.  :(

speedfr

@Hawk : You are right obviously but, hey, what did you expect ?  ;D

I'm not surprise at all. I'm just realistic on my fellows...
Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

guigui404

I've never tried F1 2017 but I've seen many many videos , could you please correct me if i'm wrong but , looks to me a lot more simulation than a milestone game ( however it's quite stupid to compare f1 and motogp games but still )

Hawk

Quote from: speedfr on May 25, 2018, 05:22:38 PM
@Hawk : You are right obviously but, hey, what did you expect ?  ;D

I'm not surprise at all. I'm just realistic on my fellows...

Very true Speedy, but it just makes my blood boil when you realise what a cock-up Milestone and Dorna will soon make of it all when it could be SO much bigger and better.... Where is their ambition and passion for eSports?  :)

Quote from: guigui404 on May 25, 2018, 05:46:40 PM
I've never tried F1 2017 but I've seen many many videos , could you please correct me if i'm wrong but , looks to me a lot more simulation than a milestone game ( however it's quite stupid to compare f1 and motogp games but still )

Don't let the eye-candy fool you mate, it's nothing like as realistic as the likes of rFactor2, not even close, it's very simcade in nature.  :)

doubledragoncc

I no longer wory about what I say when it comes to Dorna, they lied to me and the rest of the crew with me that weekend and never followed up on GPBikes as I told them and they said they would, their loss.

There are other things that are WIP.............................

I will always push GPBikes......nuff said lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

JohnnoNinja

Guys, simulation is a nice market. It just doesn't make enough money and is therefore not attractive enough for those company's. If you want to reach a large amount of players, you've to make the game easy enough so the majority can play it. If you want to reach a lot of viewers for e-sports broadcast, eye candy is more important then physics. GpBikes isn't for the majority of players and milestone games look a lot nicer. It's not realistic to think that GpBikes is the first that comes to mind for e-sports at the moment in my opinion. We may think GpBikes is the best out there, but the world doesn't agree ;) Not saying it can't change in the future, but GpBikes has to improve further. And for Piboso to compete with Milestone (bigger team, more resources)  is, let's say, difficult :)

DD, you never know where it may lead to. Maybe Dorna isn't interested at the moment, but if GpBikes gets better and a bigger player base in the future... things might chance... and perhaps Dorna remembers what you did at Silverstone and change their mind;) 

In the mean time enjoy GpBikes!

Oh and simcade isn't a bad thing. Remember GT academy? People got to race in real endurance races after they won. Might be easier with car games then motorcycle games though ;D

doubledragoncc

JN thanks but to be honest, I dont work with companies that cant be bothered to answer an email for months and wasted my time and money plus that of my friends. Dorna disrespected our hard work and efforts, I have lost all respect for them, thats how I am. Fuck the money, I do it for passion and thats the only way I will do it.

Thank you Piboso for the best and only true sim there is. My loyalty is here.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

JohnnoNinja

Yeah, I do understand you DD. That is disrespectfull...

KG_03

I was very excited about all that even at Silversone last year, but in my deep thought I didn't believe it will work out. Dorna is a bunch of businessmen and all they care is about money. Milestone has been making MotoGP for very long time and giving it to another company may not give the reward that they need. Still its official games and people despite complaining about Milestone they will buy their games.

I had high hopes that maybe Kyloton will show something mind blowing with IoM TT game but they disappointed with physics and other aspects and still not sure if they will want to follow motorcycle games projects as most people is not reviewing the game good. Unfortunately... still its great we have PiBoSo who make a great game in cooperation with community and lets hope that he will have motivation for a long time.

I believe thate are still a lot of people who never heard of GPBikes and who would like to try it out... anyway by looking at comments on steam most of people are customers who want easy and unrealistic game play. I even know real motorcyclists who demant simple physics as they say "if you want real physics in the game than go and ride in real life"...simulations are earning that much like simple games :-(

Hawk

I've always tried to convince people to stop buying Milestones MotoGP, but to no avail..... So in my opinion you all reap the results of your actions in continuing to buy that rubbish.

The only way to stop them is to not buy their products and tell people why; not just because they don't give us what we want, but also because they will no doubt ruin any attempt at getting motorcycle eSports well established...... It's all about people power!  :P
Trouble is that we live with a generation of brain-dead consumers who's main attraction seems to be eye-candy and official licenses.... So go ahead and continue buying this rubbish and reap your reward guys! :P

Never say I didn't tell you all so since years past!! ::) :P