• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:29:28 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

For Those Of You...

Started by uberslug, May 18, 2018, 05:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uberslug

matty0l215

This popped up for me the other day

It certinally looks interesting for road users. I wonder how effective it would be for day to day riding and what the cost would be??
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

KG_03

Good that they work on such thing. On road riding its always good to have a help like this than not have any.

connorhall70

imagine someone next to you when that goes off hahaha, toasted leg? lol
GanjaGod

speedfr

How do you call that  ? Side-fart ?  ;D

Maybe that's what MM has on his RCV...

Ok, ok, i'm running away  :P
Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

Hawk

Quote from: uberslug on May 18, 2018, 05:33:26 PM
Who do not possess MotoGP skills...

https://www.engadget.com/2018/05/18/bosch-jet-thruster-motorcycle-slide-recovery/

Unbelievable! What next..... They just don't understand the thrills of riding a real bike without electronics do they! Any gimmick to make more money I guess and then market it as something you have to have. Some idiots will fall for it..... Bunch of pussies! Lol! ;D ;D

Warlock

Quote from: speedfr on May 18, 2018, 08:52:43 PM
How do you call that  ? Side-fart ?  ;D

ROFL !   ;D   yeah !! 

HornetMaX

Quote from: connorhall70 on May 18, 2018, 08:44:02 PM
imagine someone next to you when that goes off hahaha, toasted leg? lol
I don't think it's hot.

Quote from: Hawk on May 18, 2018, 09:14:14 PM
Unbelievable! What next..... They just don't understand the thrills of riding a real bike without electronics do they! Any gimmick to make more money I guess and then market it as something you have to have. Some idiots will fall for it..... Bunch of pussies! Lol! ;D ;D
You're being silly on purpose here right ?
I'm asking cause with the brits recently it's hard to tell :)

matty0l215

I going to disagree Hawk...

Having a saftey measures is a good thing so long as they dont interfear with the base experiance.

I use an angle grider at work AND i use the guard because I don't fancy having peices of the disk in my face if i was stupid enough to shatter it.

Same goes for a bike, If it has ABS or Anti-wheelie, it can save those stupid accidents that don't need to happen :P

Hawk

May 19, 2018, 08:42:52 PM #9 Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 12:05:06 AM by Hawk
Quote from: HornetMaX on May 19, 2018, 12:31:11 PM

Quote from: Hawk on May 18, 2018, 09:14:14 PM
You're being silly on purpose here right ?
I'm asking cause with the brits recently it's hard to tell :)

Not silly as much as taking the piss out of those that think that any or all so called safety gimmicks are good for open road motorcycling.... Not withstanding the fact that I guess we do need these type of safety devices for some of these idiots we see on the roads these days(the wanna-be MM's. Lol! ;D ).... Sometimes it makes me think that the word "common-sense" defies comprehension in the youngsters of today.... and I thought some of the things I did was crazy, but nothing like what happens these days...... Whatever happened to learning to ride a motorcycle properly and skillfully to make your riding experience as safe as possible? :P
I guarantee that this device will risk putting a rider into dangerous situations in certain circumstances as much as it's likely to aid in rider safety.... If it's ever implemented, mark-my-words and wait for the headlines and then I can say I told you all so; just the same as the issues with the self drive cars in that drivers/riders will rely so much on these devices that they forget how to actually drive/ride safely in the first place.  :P

Quote from: matty0l215 on May 19, 2018, 12:45:11 PM
I going to disagree Hawk...

Having a safety measures is a good thing so long as they don't interfere with the base experience.

I use an angle grider at work AND i use the guard because I don't fancy having peices of the disk in my face if i was stupid enough to shatter it.

Same goes for a bike, If it has ABS or Anti-wheelie, it can save those stupid accidents that don't need to happen :P

You've hit the nail-on-the-head their mate...... If riders learned how to ride a bike properly and skillfully they wouldn't need these safety devices and these devices do interfere with the base experience, especially things like ABS, TCS and Anti-Wheelie devices..... and like I've said above, these so called safety devices can actually lull a rider into neglecting riding skills that will help prevent them getting into serious situations..... We don't need these gimmicks to aid safety, what we need is for riders to learn how to ride a bike properly in the first place and not to act like idiots while riding on the open public roads when they don't possess the skills to do so...... Like Piboso said, their ambition outweighs their ability or knowledge and it is this that causes accidents not the fact that we don't have ABS, TCS or Anti-slide devices fitted; these devices will just encourage idiotic behaviour and end up putting more lives at risk in the process. :)

It's totally different from what you said about using a safety guard on an Angle Grinder.... That is just a very practical device - in that it's there to save you from an already dangerous situation(ie: debri flying into your face) as soon as you use the grinder. :P ;)

matty0l215

Fair point

And there is certinally no subsitute for experiance and knowing your limits.

I say its a good thing for the stupid accidents that wern't meant to happen when rideing without being a complete tool. Badly explained in my example, I meant, even in a situation when you are in complete control, shit still happens and it's nice (and sane) to have the saftey nets, You wouldn't Not have them if they don't interfear with the use of something.

No point being a bad ass for not having the aids if you go flying over the handle bars or cartwheeling down the road is it :P

Again, No substitue for experiance, but safties are there for a reason ;)

uberslug

Worked for five years at a large motorcycle dealership in the late 80s and early 90s. 80 percent of new to road riding buyers had no idea what they were getting themselves into when they wandered in off the street looking to buy a bike. The average number of miles ridden on 90 percent of the road bikes we sold was 2,000 [five years old] when they came back to sell them through our consignment program.

We used to run an ad hoc pool for the sports bikes buyers [Hurricane 600, VFR 700, CBR900RR, and Hurricane 1000]. A fellow employee bet that one customer wouldn't get a mile down the road before he crashed, the customer hit a parked car IN the parking lot. One year nine out of ten 600s came back for crash repair and we sold over 40 of them.

These types of safety devices are designed specifically for the members of society who don't have enough intelligence to keep from putting themselves in harm's way. The problem with these types of devices is that one can't fix stupid [phrase borrowed from a comedian].

Hawk

May 20, 2018, 12:54:35 AM #12 Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 01:05:40 AM by Hawk
All fair points indeed..... But  having been through nearly 5 decades of watching the GP500 Grand Prix's and then onto the renamed crappy 4 stroke MotoGP series, all I can honestly tell you guys is that since the introduction of so called electronic riding safety aids, the attitude of riders and their respect for each other and their own safety has drastically dropped over the years, and I believe this is because the bikes are SO much easier to ride fast in comparison nowadays that they have to make a pretty massive error of judgement before the bike will send them down the road on their arses, unlike before they had these electronic rider aids when just a slight mistake would very likely have you sliding down the road on your arse.

Safety aids promote lazy minds and lack of respect for what one is doing, just as the introduction of calculators promoted lazy mental arithmetic skills. When your unable to properly focus and concentrate on the job at hand simply because you've never had to, then that is when accidents are likely to happen.
This is why I often say that if you put these modern MotoGP riders onto the old GP500 2 stroke bikes they'd probably come back in after a few laps and say this bike is unrideable, how on earth did those guys do what they did.
Granted that given time they could get used to riding the old 2 stroke GP bikes, but I tell you what guys, it would be a totally different riding style and there would be a lot more respect for the bikes they were riding too because they'd know you can't get away with even the smallest of mistakes without consequences on those bikes.

Electronic riding aids in motorsport have done SO much damage to the very soul of motorsports over the years that many people just cannot now see it, especially the youngsters who have never known anything different; at least in that the youngsters have a good excuse for arguing the toss in favour of electronics, but the older generation directly involved in the transition have no excuse whatsoever and should be extremely ashamed for letting it happen. :P

@Uberslug: Back in the 80's we used to clock bikes mileage back when we sold them so we'd get more money for them.... So easy to do back in those days. Lol! Given the right software it should be even easier nowadays?  :)
As far as I'm concerned, if people haven't got the intelligence to know their limits,  then what is that old saying? "There but for the grace of God go I"..... We need to stop mothering stupid people and passing it off as though it's an essential need in the name of health & safety and gimmicky sales points. :)

HornetMaX

Why do you talk about electronic aids in motorsport ?!

Clearly, this stuff is for road bikes where, no matter how good you are (or you think you are), shit can happen. Otherwise, why are we all wearing an helmet ?

Sometimes I really wonder if you Hawk do actually have / have had a bike.

uberslug

I agree that safety equipment on bikes and cars has, in general, allowed operators to lessen their skills [in the US fatalities continue to increase as bikes and cars get safer].

From a business perspective, safety equipment allows the stars to keep on drawing in the fee paying spectators when they [the competitors] get a bit exuberant and end up on the ground. I was a bit disappointed when Doohan didn't return to the San Marino GP Paddock at Imola [he retired instead and I had to settle with watching Criville win] after his horrendous crash at Jerez a number of rounds earlier. With the current level of safety equipment Doohan probably would have bounced back in a matter of hours.