Author Topic: MotoGP 18 - YZR-M1 - Demo v2b  (Read 2033 times)

Manu

• View Profile
Re: MotoGP 18 - YZR-M1 - Demo
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2018, 07:16:22 AM »
Thank you all for your comments.

We know that we can not please everyone. We will continue working hard to deliver the best possible experience doing everything in our power.

We will value all comments and reviews.

giseler

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2018, 03:59:12 PM »

Vini

• Es gibt nur ein Gas...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2018, 05:01:52 PM »
hopefully optional, though?

connorhall70

• YeetGod
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2018, 04:09:11 PM »
Its good. I like how you have done the anti wheelie, finally a bike which doesnt spaz out with anti wheelie on! woo! even tho i dont use it...

sound is good, i think its a bit soft though? like its not very loud... lol maybe its just me idk.

i dont see any issues with the brakes like, theyre carbon brakes guys, come on... its not gonna be stable when you're smashing the brakes on xD

Its a motogp bike... not a 250, so ofc its gonna be unstable lmao

i didnt have any trouble with the tires... i dont care for tcs and dont use it so no comment there but i heard its really good LOL

also i love the wide variety of tyres lol.. about to go have some fun in the wet and ill let u know what i think about that! :D thanks manu
GanjaGod

connorhall70

• YeetGod
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2018, 04:29:44 PM »
Wet:
Bike feels fine, relatively stable and base setup is good for me (A1 Ring) 0 tcs and 0 aw

people complaining about the brakes please leave... if you're using carbon remember you need to wait a lap or 2 before they reach the optimum temp which is when they start working, and if you still don't like it, switch to the steel brakes since they're good straight out the gate... (i used steel cos I'm riding in the wet... but carbon in dry)

again the sound doesn't really have anything to it imo, no soul or anything its very mundane... but that's probably what they're like irl too.

one big issue i have with the paints, so its an ez fix just dont use the season liveries. but the stickers on the screen perfectly block the view to the apex on many corners, my friend had the same issue. it is not present on the pre season liveries for anybody wondering.

Wet mapping is good also, smooths the power delivery out perfectly.

Wet tyres (i used wet soft yet to use any other wet tyre) are good, the wear rate is good, 13 degrees for anybody wondering and 100% wet. (cloudy)

Manu, i really hope you do not cater to the noobs (its a joke (its sad i have to say that)) who say its too difficult. nobody here has ridden this bike in real life therefore we can only make assumptions on what its like to ride with limited data to back up any points. but yeah personally i think it feels better in every way. i have a harder time riding this than i did with the 17's and i really like that. its a challenge for once. something that you need to spend time with to learn, personally i think no bike on gpbikes should be easy to ride.

lav ittttttt
GanjaGod

davidboda46

• "When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro"
    • View Profile
    • My Thoughts About 2 Wheels
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2018, 02:58:51 AM »
Hi Manu.

Nice work on the 18. My impressions so far after couple of 17-18 back to back laps of the Bugatti circuit.

The 18 is better at holding the line trough the corners, especially in the middle part.

To me the brakes feel pretty much the same as the 17.

The bike seems a bit more agile, but I have lost the front a couple of times when changing direction, especially in chicanes. Also sometime when I add throttle a bit too abruptly, feels like the front is lighter somehow or the bike is shorter?

The rear wheel has less grip in the gravel trap, harder to get out.

In general I am about 3 sec slower than with the 17, but maybe I haven't gotten used to the bike yet. Used an identical setup with between the bikes. Did not mess with the default tire pressure, mostly because I have no idea about what is supposed to be the right psi.

Will give more feedback if I notice anything worth reporting.

Keep up the good work and thanks.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Super Taranta !

• Odin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2018, 09:23:04 AM »
I love every mod that you have made especially Moto2. THEY ARE PRETTY! Tried the Yamaha Demo and it was no different in terms of quality. Just need to practice the braking. Tested it on Mugello, done 76 laps. Brakes are strong but has some inconsistent feeling. For me, even if I apply the same pressure through the braking zone, bike decides to do all kind of things, and when you also add the engine break it is almost uncontrollable for me on most of the entries. I thought that I can get used to it but every time it behaved differently so I don't know. Maybe it's because of the surface of the track and has nothing to do with the bike if then, ok, the bike is awesome. :D Anyway that was just the first impression for the bike but I LOVE IT. I love the challenging bikes. It reminds me the good old 500cc races we used to have. :P
SuperTaranta #83

Manu

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2018, 11:09:59 AM »
Thanks guys.

We are waiting for the launch of beta 14 that brings changes in the simulation of the fork as well as other improvements to know at what point we are with this MotoGP 18.

We have improvements prepared in the yamaha brakes as well as the 340mm discs and the high mass discs.

The update will be available once the launch of beta 14

Greg

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2018, 02:08:43 PM »
++

aguy0523

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2018, 08:47:43 PM »
Never rode a MotoGP bike but have done some amateur racing on a 600cc. That's what I'm comparing it to but remembering what I experienced is at a much lesser degree than actual MotoGP.

-beautiful model and paint.
-feels right accelerating out of a corner.
-feels right tipping into a corner.
-the wiggles and jiggles moving around feel right.

-couldn't get the rear end to step out. I tried to back it in a few times but wasn't successful. Maybe me or some further tuning. I don't know.
-Maybe braking and into a corner could be adjusted a little? I was able to apply 100% brake at high speed while leaned over. It seems that the front end doesn't tuck when it should, just keeps pushing wide.

-the stickers on the screen really get in the way. LOL. I can't see!

Overall, nice mod. Thanks.

kpayne111

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2018, 09:04:18 PM »
Hey Manu, this bike is awesome to ride! It does seem like it has less power than the '17 bikes though, I can hit like 340 at phillip island vs like 350 on a 17, regardless it feels very well balanced and corners awesome

JOACKO172

• View Profile
    • Joacko Design
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2018, 03:18:42 AM »
Hey Manu! Incredible work. The bike is perfect compared to the 2017 mod. i love it but i canīt wait for the new models so i made this. i can upload it and send it to you if you want to try it.

Manu

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2018, 08:28:26 AM »
Amazing. Fantastic work Joacko.

I will be happy to add it.

JOACKO172

• View Profile
    • Joacko Design
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2018, 03:15:09 PM »
Hola Manu, aca te envio el archivo fbx para que modifiques lo que necesites a tu gusto, espero que el mod quede bien, cualquier problema no dudes en enviarme un mensaje, un saludo!
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ys3vh879ucun7ml/yamaha+2018.rar

Manu

• View Profile
Re: MotoGP 18 - YZR-M1 - Demo v2
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2018, 11:53:33 AM »
MotoGP 2018 YAMAHA YZR-M1 DEMO v2 RELEASED

Changelog v2:

Added Winglets bike version + aero physics
Added 340mm brakes
Added High Mass brakes

Download in first post
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 01:41:56 PM by Manu »