• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:26:03 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

SOUND : GSV-R v1.1

Started by JamoZ, January 23, 2014, 06:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamoZ

January 23, 2014, 06:46:38 PM Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 02:52:24 PM by JamoZ
I changed the engine file a bit and with the help of Stout i`ve managed to make it sound like alot higher RPM`s :)

Link for v1.1

https://mega.co.nz/#!q4YHEAoA!f9ixeseJfzpmbO6r-XKKeB71N5aiSunX_HKG_8uEeTQ

Quick preview, please ignore the slightly distorted sound on the background, something went wrong with exporting...

http://www.youtube.com/v/watch?v=FE8PpUD1B7k

Backup your old engine.scl & sound files and simply overwrite with the new ones.

Let me know what you think, and feel free to improve it if you can ;)

Abigor

nice JamoZ.....i like this sound   :D

JamoZ

Abigor

ok ....that version before was much better :-\  is it possible for you to send me the last one cause i think i delete that v1.0  :-[

iVolution

Quote from: Abigor on January 24, 2014, 09:29:18 PM
ok ....that version before was much better :-\  is it possible for you to send me the last one cause i think i delete that v1.0  :-[
I think this new one sounds more aggresive, and as we all know... more aggresive = more better  :P ;D

Docfumi

Hi JamoZ, I just did some laps with the new sound and I like it now but I think first gear could be better  ;)
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

JamoZ

Quote from: Abigor on January 24, 2014, 09:29:18 PM

PM Send

JamoZ

Quote from: docfumi on January 24, 2014, 10:23:22 PM
Hi JamoZ, I just did some laps with the new sound and I like it now but I think first gear could be better  ;)

Yeah, stout tried to get the samples to overlap better but it turned out to be really difficult. It`s better then a bike with the original Murusama sound i guess ;)

Docfumi

Quote from: JamoZ on January 24, 2014, 10:25:36 PM
Quote from: docfumi on January 24, 2014, 10:23:22 PM

Yeah, stout tried to get the samples to overlap better but it turned out to be really difficult. It`s better then a bike with the original Murusama sound i guess ;)

Like I said, I really like it and it gives the bike personality.  ;D
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

C21

that´s the real engine sound:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZjwbdDvKcs

maybe you can use this to get the sound a bit more to reality.
I know it´s hard.
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Stout Johnson

Quote from: C21 on January 26, 2014, 12:24:33 PM
that´s the real engine sound:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZjwbdDvKcs

maybe you can use this to get the sound a bit more to reality.
I know it´s hard.

Hehe, thnx for the link - But building a new sound from scratch is just not as easy as you guys think. The main problem is to get good sound samples to work with. You need high-quality with running the engine a sufficient time at a constant rpm at high, medium, low, verylow and idle rpms and then also on-gas as well as off-gas.... and you need all this of the engine of your specific bike (or at the very least of an engine that sounds similar and might be tuned via editing the sound samples and/or editing the engine.scl)  - as you can imagine not many sound samples meet these prerequisites (in fact, your youtube link fails at almost all points except for the last ;))

if you manage to get decent sound samples, setting up the sound files to match each other smoothly is a different story - but can be learned...

so, based on the above said: be thankful for every sound you can get even if it does not sound perfect ;)
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

HornetMaX

Quote from: Stout Johnson on January 26, 2014, 12:41:39 PM
Hehe, thnx for the link - But building a new sound from scratch is just not as easy as you guys think. The main problem is to get good sound samples to work with. You need high-quality with running the engine a sufficient time at a constant rpm at high, medium, low, verylow and idle rpms and then also on-gas as well as off-gas....

Hmm ... how can you get a sample of an engine running sufficient time at constant rpm off-gas ?

MaX.

Warlock

Exactly, is imposible, you have to edit-trial-aww sounds awfull, edit-trial- aww worse, edit-trial- mmm maybe , edit-trial- F**K this S**T, until you have something at least similar to the real thing.

Stout Johnson

Quote from: Warlock on January 26, 2014, 02:38:58 PM
Exactly, is imposible, you have to edit-trial-aww sounds awfull, edit-trial- aww worse, edit-trial- mmm maybe , edit-trial- F**K this S**T, until you have something at least similar to the real thing.

LOL, exactly!
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

C21

QuoteHmm ... how can you get a sample of an engine running sufficient time at constant rpm off-gas ?
For SuperbikeX the Engine sound Samples were taken from a dyno session with each bike several Times.
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #