• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:46:10 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Ripped Bike Models

Started by Kaidicko, May 17, 2018, 11:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaidicko

May 17, 2018, 11:43:27 PM Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 11:45:26 PM by Kaidicko
So I have ripped some models from other bike games. They come with the chassis, wheels and tyres and all that crap.

All I want to know it what do to with them next, I can export them from 3DMax and then use them with fbx2edf to get edf files. I have no idea what comes after that.
I know eventually I need to use BikEd and stuff but I can't get that far

I want to try and mod some of my favourite bikes so any help is appreciated.

HELP

JohnnoNinja

I wish I could help you, then I would be able to make my own 2006 zx10r as well, but unfortunately I can't. Perhaps there is useful information to be found here:  http://forum.piboso.com/index.php

Kaidicko

Well I've been trying to find good software, I tried NinjaRipper. All the tutorials show the Textures and Meshes having the same values but they don't. When you import to 3dmax they dont even work. I really want to mod but there's literally no material on ripping models and no one has mentioned it.

davidboda46

The reason it is not discussed much is that we don't encourage ripping models (bikes or tracks) from other games. Not only could it mean copyright problems in the future, it is also not very nice to steal someones work. User created tracks, from AC for example, are ok to convert as long as you have permission from the track-creator. The same applies to user created bikes, although there are not that many of them floating around.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Kaidicko

Okay thanks. If I were to make a model the same question applies, since I still don't know what to do with the model I have

connorhall70

Quote from: davidboda46 on May 20, 2018, 09:53:59 PM
The reason it is not discussed much is that we don't encourage ripping models (bikes or tracks) from other games. Not only could it mean copyright problems in the future, it is also not very nice to steal someones work. User created tracks, from AC for example, are ok to convert as long as you have permission from the track-creator. The same applies to user created bikes, although there are not that many of them floating around.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
They cant copyright him if they dont have the files :) maybe he wont release it? Doesn't effect anybody else but the creator, so i dont see why you cant teach people how to rip models. its not illegal to teach people.
Milestone definitely don't care about people taking models from their game. HIGHLY doubt theyll go through all the trouble with copyrights over a FREE mod in a game that 99.9% of the population haven't even heard of. Milestone themselves probably dont even know this game exists. and definitely dont go through all the trouble to download each and every bike out there to check for models ripped from their game. its milestone, theyre sloppy with everything.
GanjaGod

Kaidicko

Plus if you guys don't like having ripped models I won't release them and I'll just use them with my friends

aguy0523

Quote from: Kaidicko on May 20, 2018, 11:46:37 PM
Plus if you guys don't like having ripped models I won't release them and I'll just use them with my friends

Not a lawyer but I think you might have just incriminated yourself. 

matty0l215

Quote from: aguy0523 on June 11, 2018, 11:19:23 AM
Quote from: Kaidicko on May 20, 2018, 11:46:37 PM

Not a lawyer but I think you might have just incriminated yourself. 

Incimiationg himself and dragging Piboso down to as he is "Responsible" for the forums content.

Just because the content is ripped and is only going to be used among friends, doesn't make it any less of a theft of content.

As Davide pointed out. We DO NOT encourage ripping content. And like he said also, Converting is different as it can be user made and said user can give permission.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

connorhall70

seriously? do u really think milestone are gonna come after some beta sim game AND go through EVERY SINGLE BIKE and go through all the processes just to find ripped content?

jesus christ you lot make me laugh with your "you might have just incriminated yourself." hahaha seriously??!?! you genuinely believe there arent any ripped bike models already on this forum?

you truly are idiots if you think there arent already ripped models...

and how are milestone gonna find out someone ripped their model if he doesnt even release it on the forum??

At least tell him how to convert a model then? hes only asking for help and nobody is willing to help him lmao.

gr8 community m8 (if converting is legal, help him, dont just tell him its legal cos he still doesnt know how to, it says HELP in big ass red letters)

CALLING ALL PEOPLE WITH MORE THAN 1 BRAIN CELL
GanjaGod

connorhall70

oh and please stop threatening to ban me, just get on with it if you're gonna do it.
GanjaGod

aguy0523

Quote from: connorhall70 on June 11, 2018, 06:13:22 PM
seriously? do u really think milestone are gonna come after some beta sim game AND go through EVERY SINGLE BIKE and go through all the processes just to find ripped content?

jesus christ you lot make me laugh with your "you might have just incriminated yourself." hahaha seriously??!?! you genuinely believe there arent any ripped bike models already on this forum?

you truly are idiots if you think there arent already ripped models...

and how are milestone gonna find out someone ripped their model if he doesnt even release it on the forum??

At least tell him how to convert a model then? hes only asking for help and nobody is willing to help him lmao.

gr8 community m8 (if converting is legal, help him, dont just tell him its legal cos he still doesnt know how to, it says HELP in big ass red letters)

YES, they will.  Don't know what fantasy world you're living in. The only idiot is you and you reek of insecurity, go see a therapist.

matty0l215

June 11, 2018, 06:39:44 PM #12 Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 06:46:18 PM by matty0l215
Quote from: connorhall70 on June 11, 2018, 06:13:22 PM

That's rich... ::)

We are very well aware that over 95% of our content is Ripped (over 100 bikes now and only 6 are scratch built...). It isn't banned (yet, it was at one point but mods dried up and the rule was relaxed) It is highly discouraged due to the potential legal ramifications and if you don't realize that then you should look up the cost of a legal battle for such a court case let alone any criminal punishment. Also, it is intellectual property owned not only by Milestone but Dorna, Ducati, Yamaha, KTM etc. they are the ones giving permission. Any one of them could have an issue with how the content is used and then it could spiral from there.

This content is here and it will continue until the rules change. It is good for the game that we have such content but it should not be encouraged

The fact that the likelihood of something like that happening is very slim doesn't make it right.

Anyway.

@Kaidicko

Take a look at the example bike Piboso has provided here- http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=974.0 along with the creation guide. It details the required separation of the model (Chassis, fsusp, rsusp, steer, fwheel, rwheel etc.) and their pivot points ready for them to be exported. If you have any further questions post them and we will see if we can help :)
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

PiBoSo

June 11, 2018, 08:30:32 PM #13 Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 01:27:25 PM by PiBoSo
Quote from: connorhall70 on June 11, 2018, 06:16:39 PM
oh and please stop threatening to ban me, just get on with it if you're gonna do it.

There you go, the first ban on this forum in a VERY long time. Sorry.
Please tone down the language and the overall aggressive attitude.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".