• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:26:47 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Pitlane penalties

Started by Arvoss, January 25, 2014, 01:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arvoss

I have some suggestions for pitlane penalties ;)

No speed limiter => +x seconds in race
Crossing white line => +x seconds in race
Leaving pit exit the wrong way => Black Flag

iVolution

Quote from: Arvoss on January 25, 2014, 01:03:14 PM

Yes i like the idea of doing something with the speed limiter (aside from the drive through), although i do not like the idea of a penalty in practice/qualifying affecting the results in the race. If people get penalties during the practice and qualifying stages, even less will participate in the race which isn't a good thing.

Then there is the problem of leaving the pit the wrong way, if you have a core.exe in the sighting lap, it is a welcome feature that you can leave the pit out the wrong way to be in time on the grid. If you black flag people for that, then a core definitely means the end for that race.

Arvoss

Quote from: iVolution on January 25, 2014, 08:15:58 PM
Quote from: Arvoss on January 25, 2014, 01:03:14 PM

Yes i like the idea of doing something with the speed limiter (aside from the drive through), although i do not like the idea of a penalty in practice/qualifying affecting the results in the race. If people get penalties during the practice and qualifying stages, even less will participate in the race which isn't a good thing.

Then there is the problem of leaving the pit the wrong way, if you have a core.exe in the sighting lap, it is a welcome feature that you can leave the pit out the wrong way to be in time on the grid. If you black flag people for that, then a core definitely means the end for that race.

If you have a core in a sighting lap it's 99% sure you'll get a core in the race too :/