Author Topic: GPB known bugs  (Read 8480 times)

giorjoe

• Love clean bagarre
    • View Profile
    • OMS Team Italia
Re: GPB known bugs
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2016, 10:26:24 AM »
Bug with respam in qualify if you push capslock and reset for 3sec, your bike restart to finish line... In Victoria moto2 i make 1.23, i'm very fast with reset.... In race if you push reset with caps for 3 sec you finish -1 lap every reset. Pib please delete the 3sec restart this is a problem. In gpb beta4 respam work Ok i remember

vini97

• und dann vollgas
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2017, 12:36:26 PM »
the respawn really needs to be fixed. on many tracks the game puts you at a completely different part of the track.

also, a fix for the lag you get when somebody else connects, it has ruined plenty of nice laps and battles.
es gibt nur ein gas

h106frp

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2017, 03:34:31 PM »
Youn need minrace and maxrace but not checkleft checkright in the bike folder to fix the reset

Become dust

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2017, 10:45:55 PM »
the respawn really needs to be fixed. on many tracks the game puts you at a completely different part of the track.

also, a fix for the lag you get when somebody else connects, it has ruined plenty of nice laps and battles.

I noticed that as well

CapeDoctor

• ...taking fun seriously since 1968...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2017, 04:53:41 AM »
i think the respawn options are now basically perfect.
for those complaining about respawn not putting you back in the correct place, i have been testing this, and i think the problem is also related to bad memory usage by the core.
i say this because i was testing at Nordschliefe track, and every time i crashed along the first roughly 1/3 of the track, i would respawn  back in the pits. then, later, after making it much further through the lap before crashing, i found that the respawn kept putting me back in the same spot on the track - crash 10 corners later - respawn on the same spot, rinse and repeat.
obviously, this is no good.
so, i thought about this situation a bit. shut down GPB and restart.
this time around, respawns were now working perfectly all along the track. i would respawn where i went off the track, as it should be.
so, my deduction from this is that the 3 second respawn feature is also suffering from some memory issue, much as the core game itself still seems to.
i believe this issue to be related, and not a separate issue.
take that 2 cents and do with it as you wish ;)

h106frp

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2017, 07:09:29 AM »
Youn need minrace and maxrace but not checkleft checkright in the bike folder to fix the reset

Its just this issue about generating the reset lines in TrackED. I did not think to fix Nordy as I was hoping to do a better version - just struggling with track tools issues at the moment

CapeDoctor

• ...taking fun seriously since 1968...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2017, 04:29:07 AM »

this.
i encountered this a lot yesterday, as some idiot was constantly disconnecting/connecting again, not to mention n he was mainly just making rude comments and generally being irritating, but each time he re-connected, i would suffer a little lag stutter, just enough to make me crash unless i was lucky enough to be on a long straight.
quite frustrating, to say the least. i can see why it's not allowed during races.