• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:59:33 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GPB known bugs

Started by HornetMaX, January 25, 2014, 03:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giorjoe

Bug with respam in qualify if you push capslock and reset for 3sec, your bike restart to finish line... In Victoria moto2 i make 1.23, i'm very fast with reset.... In race if you push reset with caps for 3 sec you finish -1 lap every reset. Pib please delete the 3sec restart this is a problem. In gpb beta4 respam work Ok i remember

Vini

the respawn really needs to be fixed. on many tracks the game puts you at a completely different part of the track.

also, a fix for the lag you get when somebody else connects, it has ruined plenty of nice laps and battles.

h106frp

Youn need minrace and maxrace but not checkleft checkright in the bike folder to fix the reset

Become dust

Quote from: vini97 on May 25, 2017, 12:36:26 PM
the respawn really needs to be fixed. on many tracks the game puts you at a completely different part of the track.

also, a fix for the lag you get when somebody else connects, it has ruined plenty of nice laps and battles.

I noticed that as well

CapeDoctor

i think the respawn options are now basically perfect.
for those complaining about respawn not putting you back in the correct place, i have been testing this, and i think the problem is also related to bad memory usage by the core.
i say this because i was testing at Nordschliefe track, and every time i crashed along the first roughly 1/3 of the track, i would respawn  back in the pits. then, later, after making it much further through the lap before crashing, i found that the respawn kept putting me back in the same spot on the track - crash 10 corners later - respawn on the same spot, rinse and repeat.
obviously, this is no good.
so, i thought about this situation a bit. shut down GPB and restart.
this time around, respawns were now working perfectly all along the track. i would respawn where i went off the track, as it should be.
so, my deduction from this is that the 3 second respawn feature is also suffering from some memory issue, much as the core game itself still seems to.
i believe this issue to be related, and not a separate issue.
take that 2 cents and do with it as you wish ;)

h106frp

Quote from: h106frp on May 25, 2017, 03:34:31 PM
Youn need minrace and maxrace but not checkleft checkright in the bike folder to fix the reset

Its just this issue about generating the reset lines in TrackED. I did not think to fix Nordy as I was hoping to do a better version - just struggling with track tools issues at the moment

CapeDoctor

Quote from: vini97 on May 25, 2017, 12:36:26 PM

this.
i encountered this a lot yesterday, as some idiot was constantly disconnecting/connecting again, not to mention n he was mainly just making rude comments and generally being irritating, but each time he re-connected, i would suffer a little lag stutter, just enough to make me crash unless i was lucky enough to be on a long straight.
quite frustrating, to say the least. i can see why it's not allowed during races.