• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:11:15 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Crowdfunding...

Started by PiBoSo, July 11, 2018, 09:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

July 11, 2018, 09:17:37 PM Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 11:28:35 AM by PiBoSo
What would you expect from a crowdfunding campaign?
What should the goal be?
GP Bikes on Steam?
All the projects on Steam?
New features?
Licenses?
A MotoGP competitor?

Please share your opinion...

Please note that even a very successful campaign would only help the art side. The code side is already going almost as fast as possible. Adding new programmers would be too complex and time-consuming.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

matty0l215

More content maybe?

Like A new track voted for by the supporters (maybe do it over a few rounds of voting, list some tracks then whittle down until a most popular is picked) Maybe outsource the creation of at least the model so time doesn't have to be spent working on it.

You are already working on a new bike, aren't you?

Just an idea
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Blackheart

New features, some examples:

- Better and more user-friendly tools for modders.
- In-game downloads from a database.
- A modern big bike with quickshifter/launch control/modern tires.
- Tyres deformation.
- Also a licence inexpensive it would not be bad for sure.

Tom HWK

July 11, 2018, 11:21:50 PM #3 Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 11:35:43 PM by Tom HWK
I think the main stuff would be more official bikes and tracks as that is where GP Bikes is lacking...

I feel the game needs at least a 250 Moto3 bike, 600 either SSP/Moto2, a Superbike, and a modern GP bike as the current one is obviously a decade old. Maybe a Sidecar if that is possible?
At least 2 more circuits and a road track?
Rider ragdoll?
Another helmet?
Would be cool to have a Superbike with WSBK spec electronics as well as one with BSB spec. I know you can turn electronics off but it would be nice to have a class with them forced off.

Also the stuff Blackheart mentioned would be nice.

Steam isn't a big one for me but obviously might help on the money side?

Just a few thoughts.
Wouldn't expect everything at once obviously. I have no idea about coding or 3D design so I have no idea what it takes to pull any of this off.

uberslug

Quote from: Blackheart on July 11, 2018, 10:13:01 PM
New features, some examples:

- Better and more user-friendly tools for modders.
- A modern big bike with quickshifter/launch control/modern tires.
- Tyres deformation.
- Also a licence inexpensive it would not be bad for sure.

Since the name is GP-Bikes I think a current example of Moto3, Moto2, and MotoGP models are a necessity. One will never, however, get consensus regarding whether it should be a Honda or KTM, a Kalex or Super, or a Ducati or Yamaha, so this idea may never get very far.

One well appointed track with an accurate surface and realistic kerb behavior should be sufficient.

Comprehensive easy to execute modding tools would be great as it would allow for personalized development of equipment. I would love to put together a 600cc Oval Piston Single...

Mace-x

1-Better/faster tools for modding.
2-Ingame content download (From server).
3-Proper Netcode.
4-Better modding documentation
5-Content

Reactive

July 12, 2018, 01:14:37 AM #6 Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 01:39:56 AM by Reactive
Contemporary PBR features (talked many times, so no reason to explain again)
Multi-texture blending (for ground; using RGBA channels)
Ragdoll for better hands/legs/butt positioning on different bikes and  while crash
Particles for tyre smoke, exhaust, sand/gravel/grass, crashes
Templates of different types of engines and suspensions (i can make 3d models)
Headlights and taillights (not only for night races)
GP-bikes as encyclopedia: more pages with text and additional photos (extended Info) , maybe even built-in YTube player
Arcade mode for driving (surprise! its not a joke). For being a good choice for party in garage with a little drunked friends. And thats why i asked for cruisers.
Starter packs for new users and modders with links and additional third-party files (inbetween decision for "In-game downloads")
Instance objects on map and library of them: trees, grass, cars, people and so on. After that differents layouts (short, long, etc) will be just a little txt-file with coordinates of roadblocks and conuses, so they might be chosen inside one page of the Track, not as different track.
Steam, of course

As for buying licenses... I think the better way is to be a product, in wich the real companies wants to be (like GranTurismo). This is another reason why i asked extended Info -- prepare GPbikes to be a suitable platform for advertising .
Excuse my English, its not my native.
Ryzen7 1800x / Aorus GA-AX370 Gaming K7 / Hynix 16Gb x2 2993MHz / Samsung 960PRO 512 M.2 / nVidia GTX1060 6Gb / Windows 10 pro x64

bison160

All of your projects should be on Steam for sure, crowdfunded or not. If for nothing else than the easy access for millions of gamers as well as people being able to add new content whether paid or free.

As far as crowdfunding for ability to add more content, I'm not sure its necessary until each project is release ready. Having a complete and working game will bring in a lot more modes and content which will in turn sell more games and generate more income.

KG_03

Oh! Thank you for starting this thread. Honestly I didnt think of anything as a reward. I just wanted to support your work as i think that for all that years there must be some ups and downs in motivation.

But for sure some licenced tracks/bikes would be very nice... but of course dont want to put any pressure on you. It was just an idea to support your work.

Developers release shitty games year by year earning money from them. And we buy a modding platform that you constantly work on. One payment for constant unlimited work? It doesnt seem fair to me 😊 just my thoughts.

speedfr

Nice idea here. I might be wrong but it sounds like a whishlist no ?

On the use side of the game, before even the game runs, it will be nice to
_Really register (doesn't work today) the joystick/pad/rig we are using.
_Having the choice of the screen were GP Bikes displays (couldn't find how to do that and the game starts on Windows "Main screen" and can't be changed.
_Filtering FFB effect

Correct me if i'm wrong but it's mostly coding stuff i think...   ;)

Graphics are basic but to me it's not the main obkect and that can be improved little by little through updates.

And all the good things that the other mentionned !!!
Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

poumpouny

I think Piboso was clear :

Coding side, nothing could be done better/faster, cause explaining eventual new dev what Pib was done since 10 Years is to complex and to long. So that sayd, the only benefit from Crowdfounding is art side (Content (car, track), Liscence, UI ) so he is asking to us what in the following are we interested in. It's not a second wishlist thread, almost every body seems to ask thing in the code side.

For me :
-Liscenced medium bike (moto 2, or SSP)
-Liscenced laserscan Track

Those thing are for me just to attract people to buy, me personnaly the mod content (non official) is largely enough !

HornetMaX

Personal opinion: if crowdfunding will not help code-side, then I have moderate interest. Content is nice, but we already have plenty to play with.

P.S.

This seems to be a pretty popular request. I can see that having PiBoSo managing a download server has many drawbacks (cost, maintenance effort, legal issues with "non official" content etc).

But why not doing this the same way it is done in cod4 (and probably other games) ?
The server owner (not PiBoSo) can provide a http redirect to a http server (owned, maintained and paid for by the server owner) hosting the necessary content to join the server (bikes, tracks, paints etc).
When the client connects to the server and figures out some content is locally missing, it just has to get it via http. Seems like little work ...

KG_03

oh no no no .... thats what I wanted to avoid. It wasnt my idea to make any wishlist or request...just a support for developer whoever wants.

Hawk

This is just my personal opinion on what I would want or not want from any Piboso crowd funding project:

Firstly, Piboso, can you please clarify what your definition of artwork is? Is it literally just artwork as in UI screens, UI icons, etc? Thank you.

If it's only artwork and or possible content that can be crowd funded then I'm afraid I agree with Max.... I personally wouldn't be that interested as we have plenty of content to work with and modding communities would be so much better positioned to supply any updated content(including artwork) we would ever need in future...... It's great versatile modding tools that we lack to be able to produce the best results and that urgently needs addressing, in my humble opinion. :)

I would definitely support a crowd fund for GPBikes to be converted over to "Unreal Engine 4". That would also make it more straight forward for modders too with a little forethought.

Also as I've expressed and suggested many times before in threads here on the forum - I would like to see GPBikes developed specifically as an eSports package dedicated for online tournament events and live replays. If GPBikes is not going down the eSports route then again I wouldn't be inclined to support the crowd funding project.

If you do a crowd fund, would you have a separate crowd fund for your seperate projects or one crowd fund to cover all your projects?
I would only be inclined to support the GPbikes project alone, simply because this is the project that I support and want to see finished most, together with your assurance that you worked on the one project until it is properly complete; it's only right that if the finances are supplied to work on specific projects then that's what I'd expect the finances to be used for and not for flitting from one project to another.
Plus would you also publish regular monthly project road maps setting out what you've achieved in the previous month and what you plan to achieve during the next month.

I just think that there are many questions that need to be addressed and answered if a crowd-fund project is to be successful these days, more so than just asking people for what artwork they would like to see from a crowdfund project.

Sorry for being blunt at times Piboso, but better to say it straight than not... No animosity intended.  :)

matty0l215

Sorry to go off topic.

Quote from: HornetMaX on July 12, 2018, 02:20:06 PM

This seems to be a pretty popular request. I can see that having PiBoSo managing a download server has many drawbacks (cost, maintenance effort, legal issues with "non official" content etc).

But why not doing this the same way it is done in cod4 (and probably other games) ?
The server owner (not PiBoSo) can provide a http redirect to a http server (owned, maintained and paid for by the server owner) hosting the necessary content to join the server (bikes, tracks, paints etc).
When the client connects to the server and figures out some content is locally missing, it just has to get it via http. Seems like little work ...

Could this sort of thing be set up by us? Like how Nexus mod manager works?

If all that is needed is a web host then That can be arranged. I've always wanted to move away from Mega and or the FTP (not so much the FTP but it is a little complicated for users to set up)
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE