• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:10:22 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GP Bikes beta14

Started by PiBoSo, July 12, 2018, 10:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir William

Quote from: Grooveski on July 13, 2018, 10:01:20 PM
Feels as though the CofG on all the bikes has been moved forward.  All four I tried today felt front heavy.

Less wheelies- and when it does go up it goes up more sharply.
Front feels jammed into the track, it's loading up and kicking back under heavy braking - which is great if it can be ironed out the pits but if not it'll get old quick.
More back-end waving under the brakes, more sliding on the power, back feels a lot vaguer than it used to pretty much everywhere.

A couple of betas ago I got the same impression that weight had moved forward.  That time was ok, I just stuck to the shortest swinging arms and raised the front ride height a bit.
This time I'm not sure that'll be enough. 

Outside of that - everything looks great.  Spent some time on the Sachs server, some time trying out a couple of tracks I was unfamiliar with and some time flogging Nordschliefe.  Everything was silky smooth  ;D , Nordy and the other bigger tracks loaded fine, the Sachs server was glitch-free even with loads of folk coming and going....

...but my overriding impression was "front heavy".    :-\

+1

poumpouny

I can full lean while on the grass on victoria first corner, only fall when on the sands, with GP1000 default bike

Grooveski

Quote from: PeterV on July 17, 2018, 06:54:38 PM
Online server Nord_LS_DS with a .grv file loaded, crashes the client, every time when clicking on the garage tab.

Yuo, now that the built-up .grv has been added to the server it's every time here too at Nordy.

..and thinking about it - the first time it happened to me on the Sachs server was later on in the session(when the rubber had had a chance to build up).

KG_03

Quote from: poumpouny on July 18, 2018, 06:02:25 AM
I can full lean while on the grass on victoria first corner, only fall when on the sands, with GP1000 default bike

Yes I have observed the same. And one of the most hated things in Milestone games is now present in GP Bikes...
There is a big change in tire grip in new release. I think it is caused by new code that read differently tire grip values.

poumpouny

i think it have to do with the "fix" of the front tyre problem Manu was talking .......

JohnnoNinja

In general I like beta 14. The new trainer with fade out and lead option are a big plus. It's nice to chase your own best lap, but how nice would it be if the trainer is a real trainer. Just one AI were you can have a bit of a fight with... but then again, there is much that needs improvement first in my opinion. The earlier mentioned music is nice, but doesn't really add anything. During loading of a session, or changing a bike, the music stops. In general I think loading times a pretty long. Not just in this version GP Bikes, I think it had always been like that. Would be nice to swap through the bikes, rider, helmets and paints quicker, but also quicker loading of a session...

Today I had also a crash to desktop without a error message when I added a trainer to a session. After restart I choose a different track and it was ok. If I add a trainer file of a different bike, the rider uses the legends suit, in stead of the suit I normally use.

And it would be nice to see in the further updates that the replay's get fixed. That the bike runs normal on ascending or descending parts of the track. Now the aft tire runs on a tighter line compared with the front tire and that just looks weird. I've also got the feeling that this happens during riding. When I am in a descending turn it looks like the front tire runs wide to the outside and the rear tire drags on the inside. Maybe it's my feeling, but perhaps someone can confirm this? For example at Suzuka when exiting the Spoon Curve onto the straight, the bike always runs wide because there is a down slope...

And it would be nice to see that the dials on the dashboard work as well in replay...

Is this beta better for people who had a lot of cores with previous version?

connorhall70

does anybody know why the game is crashing to desktop constantly?
when will a fix be released?
GanjaGod

RIDER

August 10, 2018, 04:50:27 AM #52 Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 04:53:30 AM by RIDER
I don't feel a geometry or weight difference, I think it just feels similar because of new front end physics. It's easy to feel (on gaming wheel) during direction change and by the way the wheel tracks especially when light. The way the front tucks is more dynamic but not as progressive. Sliding the rear feels more realistic because of the way the front is tracking. Hard braking is broken.

matty0l215

Quote from: connorhall70 on July 28, 2018, 10:09:26 PM

Have you tried running the game in windows 8 compatability mode??
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Vini

August 11, 2018, 07:51:31 AM #54 Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 08:11:46 AM by Vini
I've taken my time to get used to the new beta and found some good setups for Manu's MotoGP bikes (big thanks BTW as always!), which I tested on multiple tracks.
My conclusion is that the physics changes (including tyre model, geometry, suspension, etc.) are quite good (3D curbs are finally usable!!). They promote a smoother, more realistic riding style (unless you use massive amounts of TC) and the way the tyres and the whole bike in general behave seem much better. The bikes definitely have to be adapted to the new beta but Manu has done a very good job for that.
With the right setup, sliding the rear under braking and hard trailbraking works just as well as before but in situations where the bike is relatively upright and the rear is close to lifting, the virtual rider goes absolutely crazy and makes the front lock (example). It's very much like what happened in beta13 when doing big stoppies. The difference is that before, you had to reach very high stoppie angles (while trying to steer) so it really didn't influence riding much at all because you normally never get into those situations unless you do it on purpose. The behaviour for "normal"/realistic stoppie angles was completely fine (see at 23s; the fact that you almost can't tell that the rear was in the air is proof that the old virtual rider stoppie code was good + another example at 36s).
Anyway, this is a big problem because hard braking is somewhat broken as other people have said.
I propose a simple hotfix where the new virtual rider "stoppie code" is reverted back to the beta13 one while everything else stays the same. Finetuning can be done after that

The new virtual rider "wheelie code" seems good, though. Tankslappers occur a bit more rarely now and the bike is more stable out of corners but it's still not allowing the front wheel to stay misaligned for longer distances by taking all pressure of the handlebars like real riders do. Would like to hear your opinion on my proposal from some time ago, PiBoSo!

KG_03

I agree with you Vini. As some test are done there is something strange with modded bikes as after the update to Beta 14 bikes have big amount of grip outside the track. The original ingame bikes has the same grip level as in Beta 13.

connorhall70

Quote from: matty0l215 on August 10, 2018, 01:00:34 PM
Quote from: connorhall70 on July 28, 2018, 10:09:26 PM

Have you tried running the game in windows 8 compatability mode??

reinstalled the game (added all bikes, paints, helmets, suits, tracks, and maxhud back in) and left reshade out and game works fine now... also fixed fps issues i was having in beta 13.
still CTD using motogp18, and a few other bikes for example, sbk18 preview version (kawasaki) and a few others but overall its working fine. not using compatibility mode either.
GanjaGod

poumpouny

I found yesterday that gp500 bike (the original varese one) has the correct grip off track ! so i think all mod bike need to be upgraded to the new offtrack grip level !

Napalm Nick

But the gp1000 is not right?

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Olaf Lehmann

QuoteI found yesterday that gp500 bike (the original varese one) has the correct grip off track ! so i think all mod bike need to be upgraded to the new offtrack grip level !
Interesting. Maybe it's problematic to use MOD bikes so long GPBikes has too many issues. Maybe the issues exponentiates with MOD bikes.
Maybe it would be better to make a championchip with the original gp500 bike.

After reading the commentars in this forum and I found not many drivers at the servers I'm demotivated to install GPBikes14. And the remembering at many  overtakings  at run-off areas increases my demotivation.

BR Olaf